Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Barack Hussein Obama foreign policy disaster megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The current situation is, indeed, very troubling, and I'm amazed that those defending Obama use the Bush example. If Bush handled that so badly, as I've seen some of them complain, why on earth would Obama follow in his footsteps?

It's possible that there is NOT a "good" solution to the current situation, but Obama's foreign policy has been giving a green light to Putin for his entire administration.

It is Obama's disastrous foreign policy that has pretty much signaled that the USA will stand back and do nothing. I still have visions of Hillary taking the "Reset Button" to the Russians to let them know we're gonna play nice.
    Note that Fournier is not defending Obama, nor am I, but what would you have him do? What would Bush, McCain or Romney have done?
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Why is Bush always brought up when the discussion is about Obama's poor leadership? I mean, always? Is there so little ammunition to defend Obama from criticism that his supporters must resort, seemingly without fail, to bringing up his predecessor?

I don't mean this as disrespectful, robrecht, I just see it happen on nearly every issue for which Obama receives criticism.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Why is Bush always brought up when the discussion is about Obama's poor leadership? I mean, always? Is there so little ammunition to defend Obama from criticism that his supporters must resort, seemingly without fail, to bringing up his predecessor?
        I don't even understand how "he's just like Bush" is supposed to be a defense to begin with. The way they talk about it you'd think the Shrub had been a second Alexander the Great or Otto von Bismarck and not a miserable failure.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          Note that Fournier is not defending Obama, nor am I,
          Yeah, which is why, in responding to your post, I said "those defending Obama" -- I should have been more clear that I did NOT mean you. My bad.

but what would you have him do? What would Bush, McCain or Romney have done?
          Act more like Reagan.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

I don't mean this as disrespectful, robrecht, I just see it happen on nearly every issue for which Obama receives criticism.
            See my response above regarding defending Obama. I think the situation in Georgia is indeed comparable. Should we have used military force to oppose Putin in 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              I don't even understand how "he's just like Bush" is supposed to be a defense to begin with. The way they talk about it you'd think the Shrub had been a second Alexander the Great or Otto von Bismarck and not a miserable failure.
              Yeah, I don't get it either.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Yeah, which is why, in responding to your post, I said "those defending Obama" -- I should have been more clear that I did NOT mean you. My bad.

Act more like Reagan.
                No prob. I didn't think you necessarily meant me, but just wanted to clarify my position. And what do you think Reagan would have done?

Comment

We can agree on this.

Comment

We can agree on this.
                    So you'll stop using it then?
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

So you'll stop using it then?
                      I do not use it as a defense.

Comment

No prob. I didn't think you necessarily meant me, but just wanted to clarify my position. And what do you think Reagan would have done?
                        I don't think we would have gotten into this position in the first place, because Reagan made it very clear that he said what he meant and he meant what he said, and never showed weakness to the enemies or potential enemies of the US. I think Obama constantly communicates weakness and conciliation, foolishly thinking that if we "play nice" our enemies will play nice, as well.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think we would have gotten into this position in the first place, because Reagan made it very clear that he said what he meant and he meant what he said, and never showed weakness to the enemies or potential enemies of the US. I think Obama constantly communicates weakness and conciliation, foolishly thinking that if we "play nice" our enemies will play nice, as well.
                          I agree with the Weinberger doctrine, which I view as an implicit critique of Reagan's lack of clear direction in Beirut.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...racks-bombing/

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]391[/ATTACH]
                            Obviously this is utterly false. No other president in our history has taken any flack or been insulted by the opposition. This is a situation unique to Obama. And of course it is all racially motivated since nobody could possibly disagree with his policies.
                            Sounds like something Jimmy would say. Has Rogue Tech invented something that you're testing right now?

BTW if they really want to know, look up the presidential race between Andrew Jackson and John Q. Adams.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Is it time, yet, for Obama to return his Nobel Prize?
                              Did you know that Putin has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's "foreign" crisis, Jimmy -- and his entire administration has been a foreign crisis. Jimmy Carter is probably thanking God every night that Obama is President.
                                And I thought you never listened to the right wing echo chamber CP.

he brings it on himself.
                                No he doesn't CP, your party has gone out of its way to criticize him from the first day he took office. Well, any way, i'm sure Putin appreciates your patriotic efforts.

Comment