Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Barack Hussein Obama foreign policy disaster megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    They criticize the President for political points in the midst of a foriegn crisis,
    It's "foreign" crisis, Jimmy -- and his entire administration has been a foreign crisis. Jimmy Carter is probably thanking God every night that Obama is President.

No they don't because all they know how to do is criticise.
    It's "criticize", Jimmy, and he brings it on himself.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It's "criticize", Jimmy, and he brings it on himself.
      No, it's "criticise". You Americans and your "American" English

Comment

The point remains the same regardless of how you identify. I'm not talking about you, i'm talking about those who represent you. They have no ideas. They criticize the President for political points in the midst of a foriegn crisis, much to the delight of Putin mind you, but do they put forth anything that they would do differently than the President. No they don't because all they know how to do is criticise.
        I'm pretty sure that Putin is a lot more delighted by the fact that Obama is a bumbling buffoon. You seem awfully butthurt by the fact that people are posting Obama's own words. It's not my fault he looks like an utter imbecile, it's his fault. I owe your boyfriend nothing other than to point my finger and laugh, both at him and his idiot arrogant supporters. "The 80s called, they want their foreign policy back." How'd that work out for your Jimmy? Oceans receding yet? Every time progressitards trip and fall on their face I will be here, jeering like a hyena.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
          No, it's "criticise". You Americans and your "American" English
          I was expecting that from SOMEBODY across the pond, but ... I'm telling Mom!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            I'm pretty sure that Putin is a lot more delighted by the fact that Obama is a bumbling buffoon.
            That is all that matters here. That, and the fact that an ever-shrinking minority of people still think the community organizer is doing a better job than the KGB thug. And Jimmy will be right there leading the cheers.

Comment

They have no ideas.
              Name an issue and I will give you the Republican idea. That'll prove that your "no ideas" parroting is pure rubbish.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Name an issue and I will give you the Republican idea. That'll prove that your "no ideas" parroting is pure rubbish.
                He means "no ideas" in the sense that Obama meant "your policy" when he said you can KEEP it. It's only an "idea" or a "policy" if the Obamakins say it is.

Same thing with "the Republicans have never offered an alternative" to Obamacare. Big steaming pile of horsie poo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I was expecting that from SOMEBODY across the pond, but ... I'm telling Mom!
                  That, to you Brits, would be that he plans on informing his mum.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    Most of what was posted is pretty tame, compared to some other insults that have been leveled at presidents of the past.
                    Obviously this is utterly false. No other president in our history has taken any flack or been insulted by the opposition. This is a situation unique to Obama. And of course it is all racially motivated since nobody could possibly disagree with his policies.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      That, to you Brits, would be that he plans on informing his mum.
                      yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        that, to you brits, would be that he's a
                        ftfy.

Comment

Meanwhile, with Obama's attention forced on the Black Sea, just recently, N Korea is firing missiles again (twice in the last week), Russia has announced it will be refueling its bombers in communist-leaning countries, Syria is still in turmoil, Libya was a failed Obama "accomplishment", and, a Russian spy ship, The Viktor Leonov, makes an unannounced visit to a Havana Bay.

Is it time, yet, for Obama to return his Nobel Prize?

Comment

Should we perhaps send troops into Crimea, invade Russia, keep silent and say nothing? There's no good approach to this.

Recall Bush Junior responding to a question about whether or not Putin was a man Americans can trust: "Yes. ... I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. ... I was able to get a sense of his soul ... I wouldn't have invited him to my ranch if I didn't trust him."

I suspect Bush knew what he was saying was not true but was putting the best face on the situation. Look at what Bush did in Georgia in 2008.

"We did a lot, but in the end there was not much that you could do," said James F. Jeffrey, Bush's deputy national security advisor.

Quotes taken from Ron Fournier's March 2nd piece in the National Journal. Fournier was the reporter who asked this question of Bush.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white...fools-20140302
                            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

The current situation is, indeed, very troubling, and I'm amazed that those defending Obama use the Bush example. If Bush handled that so badly, as I've seen some of them complain, why on earth would Obama follow in his footsteps?

It's possible that there is NOT a "good" solution to the current situation, but Obama's foreign policy has been giving a green light to Putin for his entire administration.

It is Obama's disastrous foreign policy that has pretty much signaled that the USA will stand back and do nothing. I still have visions of Hillary taking the "Reset Button" to the Russians to let them know we're gonna play nice.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                                Should we perhaps send troops into Crimea, invade Russia, keep silent and say nothing? There's no good approach to this.
                                Sending troops to Western Ukraine sounds like a very good idea to me. There's no need to invade Russia and Putin's not gonna start a nuclear exchange over Ukraine anymore than we are. Russia has the potential to become a superpower again, just like NAZI Germany did. More importantly, they have no reason not to be one if they can get away with it and plenty of reason to do exactly that. Just like NAZI Germany did...
                                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment