Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Barack Hussein Obama foreign policy disaster megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Last I checked, the Senate was under democrat control, so it is as much your 'do nothing congress' as it is any republicans 'do nothing congress'. Also, how many times do you need to hear that CP isn't a republican until you finally figure it out?
    Yeah, but everybody knows that it is the Republicans in Congress who refuse to compromise on anything, you know, because they are so principled. As for CP's politics, i don't care what he says he is, his stance on the issues is what defines him politically as far as i'm concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Nick, you are far too smart to be stooping to cliches like this.
      Nick:
      I agree that's pretty much a tired cliché; I should have used a better way to express myself. It does, however, seem that the Republican leaders in America, especially the candidates and elected office holders pretty much spend all their time opposing anything that President Obama proposes. The HoR voted, what 47 times to repeal Obamacare? The only Ideals that I've seen from Republicans (that get any press) are tired old talking points or wish lists.

If Democrats are always asking for “additional revenue” (tax increases), Cap-And-Trade, Immigration "reform," then Republicans are always whining about the Keystone Pipeline (that happens only to run through Red States), 20 week abortion bans, and more tax cuts for the "job creators." That's what I mean about "no" ideals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Gosh Nick, You're so right. I wanna be just like you. Obama is the bestest president ever. I'm thinking of crossing the border illegally and waiting for that amnesty bill he's pushing congress to pass so I can sign up for the drone program that delivers love letters to the Muslim Brotherhood!
        Nick:
        Now you've go the right of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          No you got it all wrong. Obama led SEAL Team 6 on the raid leaping from the helicopter that he flew and doing a triple backflip before landing so perfectly as to make an Olympic Gold Medal gymnast turn green with envy and then waited while those wussy Special Forces guys had to use ropes to rappel down. Then Obama led the charge all ninja like and took out Obama personally by inserting the bullets with his bare hands (he didn't need some firearm which was designed only to kill small children, puppies and grandmothers) while those good for nothing stumblebum SEALs stood around in rapt awe and amazement. Then Obama ran all the way back to Washington (the helicopter or a jet was just too slow), stopping to save ten, no twenty orphans from a burning building that some businessman lit on fire for the sheer joy of it.
          Nick:
          Of course Obama lead the Seal Team. The Seal teams were using cameras on their helms; they were no more a part of the operation than PFC Allen on Modern Warefare II. The US Goverment teamed up with Activision to create

"Call of Duty: 1/2 Black Ops". And Obama grabbed a Playstation controller...the rest you can see in Zero Dark Thirty.

Comment

Go right ahead, show something that was 'made up' here and it is rather ironic that you bring up the things you do when well... Obama has brought the US debt to higher and higher levels, has raised taxes, and is attempting to pass immigration amnesty. I would also think the fact that Obama approval ratings would show what many people think of him.
            Nick:
            BbbbbB.b.b.b.BenGHAZI!!!!!!!!!!
            LPOT:
            Yet another unbacked assertion.
            Nick:
            Examples available upon request.
            LPOT:
            I wasn't aware not being a US citizen therefore means everything they say is invalid. How does that work out?
            Nick:
            Since I neither said nor implied that ones' citizenship, US or otherwise, invalidated everything one said, I'm not sure how it would "work out." Perhaps you were exaggerating; otherwise you're "misinterpreting" my words.
            LPOT:
            Or it reveals their mentality that they don't view their former block countries as 'foreign' to begin with. Either answer, of course, doesn't reflect too well upon them.
            Nick:
            So you agree with me then.
            LPOT:
            Whatever in the world that is suppose to mean.
            Nick:
            It means that I wish Republicans would put out some real ideals and learn how to compromise.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Yeah, but everybody knows that it is the Republicans in Congress who refuse to compromise on anything,
              Liberal definition of compromise --- "agree with us on everything or else".

you know, because they are so principled. As for CP's politics, i don't care what he says he is, his stance on the issues is what defines him politically as far as i'm concerned.
              It's OK, Jimmy, my taxes pay for you to live in your mommys' basement. I'm a giver, you're a taker.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
                It means that I wish Republicans would put out some real ideals and learn how to compromise.
                Ah yes, because Obama has shown himself so willing to compromise.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Yeah, but everybody knows that it is the Republicans in Congress who refuse to compromise on anything, you know, because they are so principled.
                  You really are living in a fantasy world, are you? Sorry Jimmy, but democrats have refused to compromise on many issues themselves, but you don't care about that because you agree with everything they say, so they can never be wrong.

As for CP's politics, i don't care what he says he is, his stance on the issues is what defines him politically as far as i'm concerned.
                  So you're a black/white fundy, who sees everybody as 'us vs them'. No wonder you can't argue any issues here Jimmy, you're incapable of seeing shades of gray that exist between the two points.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
                    BbbbbB.b.b.b.BenGHAZI!!!!!!!!!!
                    Don't want to answer the reality, I understand it can be embarrassing to back up somebody who is making the very same mistakes you are criticizing from others. Obama raised the debt higher in his first four years, then Bush did in 8 years. You can always go to the US Treasury web site and confirm the numbers, if you really don't believe me. They are there, in black and white, for anybody capable of doing some basic math.

Examples available upon request.
                    They produce them here and now.

Since I neither said nor implied that ones' citizenship, US or otherwise, invalidated everything one said, I'm not sure how it would "work out." Perhaps you were exaggerating; otherwise you're "misinterpreting" my words.
                    So you did not try to make it sound as though DE's words and arguments don't count because he isn't a US citizen?

So you agree with me then.
                    Everybody is right, once in a while.

I wish Democrats would do the same, but they are too busy playing to the media about how the other side 'refuses to compromise' while they refuse to do it themselves. How funny, how everybody else, but those whom you agree with, have to 'compromise', isn't it?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Liberal definition of compromise --- "agree with us on everything or else".
                      How ironic, you have it bass ackwards as usual CP.

It's OK, Jimmy, my taxes pay for you to live in your mommys' basement. I'm a giver, you're a taker.
                      I pay my taxes CP. The difference between us is that I am happy to do so. You're not a giver, you're a whiner.
                      Last edited by JimL; 03-11-2014, 08:24 PM.

Comment

You really are living in a fantasy world, are you? Sorry Jimmy, but democrats have refused to compromise on many issues themselves, but you don't care about that because you agree with everything they say, so they can never be wrong.
                        There is a difference between "some" and "everything" Lilpix. This Congress is the most do nothing Congress in the history of Congress, and the reason for that is not even in question, it is, and has been, the Republicans strategy since Obama was elected. They,ve said it themselves and thats exactly what they have done, so take your head out of the sand and open your eyes.

So you're a black/white fundy, who sees everybody as 'us vs them'. No wonder you can't argue any issues here Jimmy, you're incapable of seeing shades of gray that exist between the two points.
                        Misrepresent much. When did I say anything about "everybody"? All I said is that I have seen CP's politics and they show him to be a Republican whether he wants to call himself an Independant or not.

Comment

How ironic, you have it bass ackwards as usual CP.
                          Bite a hole in my shorts, Jimmy.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There is a difference between "some" and "everything" Lilpix. This Congress is the most do nothing Congress in the history of Congress, and the reason for that is not even in question, it is, and has been, the Republicans strategy since Obama was elected. They,ve said it themselves and thats exactly what they have done, so take your head out of the sand and open your eyes.

Yep Jimmy, in the history of Congress, they have done 'nothing', but pass thousands upon thousands of laws. I guess you haven't noticed how the two houses tend to fight with one another lately, have you Jimmy? When one tries to do something, the other blocks up. Of course, you ignore when the democrats do it because you don't care what they do; you're only interested in blaming republicans for everything. Sorry Jimmy, but democrats and republicans share the blame on the current disasters going on here (although some are more the fault of one over the other). Want some democrat examples? Obamacare seems to be turning into a real disaster. Remember the, "If you like your plan, you can keep it" lie? Well, how well has that worked out for them so far? Also, during the government shutdown, can you please explain why they needed to close off memorials and spend money to do this? Can you please explain why they tried to shut down private business that were working on government property? Oh, that's right, you'll ignore those issues because democrats did it and they are the best thing since sliced bread, eh?

Misrepresent much. When did I say anything about "everybody"? All I said is that I have seen CP's politics and they show him to be a Republican whether he wants to call himself an Independant or not.
                            Sorry Jimmy, but there is no misrepresenting going on, at all. CP claims to be an independent and just because he agrees with republicans on some issues doesn't make him a republican. Again, are you incapable of seeing shades that exist between republican and democrats? Trust me, both parties are playing games with us and messing things up. Democrats share as much of the blame for things how they are as the republicans do. The difference is that I get this and it seems you don't.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Hey Jimmy ---

That thing were Obama did the RS - P E C T .... I thought he handled that really well, and you could tell by his laughing that he knew he blew it, but he played to the crowd. He was actually warm and humorous and charming!

Comment

CP claims to be an independent and just because he agrees with republicans on some issues doesn't make him a republican.
                                Yup, I sat down and gathered the names of all my representatives, both State and National, and wrote them letters telling them I was tired of their crap, and after 40 years of voting pretty much straight-line republican, I'm leaving the GOP and registering as an Independent.

If Jimmy doesn't believe me, it's perfectly fine, cause, after all, he believes Obama! PERIOD!

Comment