Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Barack Hussein Obama foreign policy disaster megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Look up the attack on Katyr Yurt.
    Looked it up. Don't see how that constitutes evidence for him being insane.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Nobody said its "unique," and nobody said it is "all" racially motivated, but if you guys can't see/admit that you've taken it to a whole other level, well then, you are just incapable of admitting to the truth. Just to paraphrase one of your hero's: "That Chicago marxist, communist educated, communist nurtured, subhuman mongrel who weaseled his way into the Presidency." And this stuff is constant, so take your head out of the sand and listen.
      Really Jimmy? Here is something written about Abe Lincoln, during his lifetime:

"The illustrious Honest Old Abe has continued during the last week to make a fool of himself and to mortify and shame the intelligent people of this great nation. His speeches have demonstrated the fact that although originally a Herculean rail splitter and more lately a whimsical story teller and side splitter, he is no more capable of becoming a statesman, nay, even a moderate one, than the braying ass can become a noble lion. People now marvel how it came to pass that Mr. Lincoln should have been selected as the representative man of any party. His weak, wishy-washy, namby-pamby efforts, imbecile in matter, disgusting in manner, have made us the laughing stock of the whole world. The European powers will despise us because we have no better material out of which to make a President. The truth is, Lincoln is only a moderate lawyer and in the larger cities of the Union could pass for no more than a facetious pettifogger. Take him from his vocation and he loses even these small characteristics and indulges in simple twaddle which would disgrace a well bred school boy."
      http://www.civilwar.org/hallowed-gro...r-lincoln.html

Read the entire article and see what was said about him (even by his own party and even staff). Really Jimmy, do you even think or bother to look things up BEFORE you speak?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
        Looked it up. Don't see how that constitutes evidence for him being insane.
        He ordered it, and then promoted the officer in charge.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

He ordered it, and then promoted the officer in charge.
          Well. unless you're identifying moral depravity with insanity I still don't see how you can reach your conclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
            Well. unless you're identifying moral depravity with insanity I still don't see how you can reach your conclusion
            I don't think a sane person can order that type of thing. Extreme moral depravity is insanity IMV.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Nobody said its "unique," and nobody said it is "all" racially motivated, but if you guys can't see/admit that you've taken it to a whole other level, well then, you are just incapable of admitting to the truth. Just to paraphrase one of your hero's: "That Chicago marxist, communist educated, communist nurtured, subhuman mongrel who weaseled his way into the Presidency." And this stuff is constant, so take your head out of the sand and listen.
              Got to love it that you need to find something a musician said about Obama while erstwhile journalists were calling Bush things like a "despotic ... murderous fascist" (Keith Olberman at MSNBC). And what musicians were saying about Bush, like Natalie Maine of Dixie Chicks, I can't even post in a veiled manner in that it would be a violation of Tweb's rules about obscenities. Other entertainers like Bill Maher speak with pride of the various things they called Bush from "a catastrophe that walks like a man" and "Drinky McDumbass" to, again, things I can't even say in veiled form.

Movies were made that were fantasies about assassinating the president (Bush) and even several years later "Game of Thrones" was sticking his decapitated head on a spike[1]. Books were written about people fantasizing about killing Bush (another book "Assassination Vacation" is a "humorous" travelogue of sites where American presidents -- all and only Republican -- were assassinated). Art exhibits at the reputable Columbia College in Chicago featured images of Bush with a gun pointed to his head. Video games (“The Night of Bush Capturing; A Virtual Jihadi”) were made with the goal of killing Bush and again displayed in an art gallery as part of their "Free Speech Exhibition."[2]

Randi Rhodes, a talk show host on the now defunct liberal radio channel Air America, compared the Bush family to the fictitious Corleone family in the “Godfather” movies, and suggested that Bush should be assassinated. “Like Fredo, somebody ought to take him [President Bush] fishing and phuw.” Rhodes then imitated the sound of a gunshot and said, “Works for me.” In “Godfather 2,” Fredo Corleone is murdered at the end of the film on orders from his brother Michael. Rhodes had also said that Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld “ought to be tortured.” Imagine if Rush Limbaugh had ever “joked” about Obama being assassinated. Then, less than a year later Rhodes did it again. In a Social Security reform bit on her program, an imaginary retiree from the fictional “American Association of Armed Retired People” says, “A spoiled child is telling us our Social Security isn't safe any more, so he’s going to fix it for us. Well, here’s your answer, you ungrateful whelp” – and then four gunshots ring out.

The left had quite a fascination with assassinating Bush ranging from the examples seen above to plastering NYC with anti-Bush assassination target practice posters (and many, many other similar expressions like these seen here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here... ad nauseum)[3].

Before he became a U.S. Senator Al Franken went around telling jokes on such venues as the “Late Show with David Letterman” and“Today” about Bush Administration official Karl Rove being executed for treason (which got Matt Lauer and his crew laughing).

1. Compare the difference in reactions to a rodeo clown wearing an Obama mask (something done to other presidents). Nobody at HBO was fired or sent to re-education... er, sensitivity training classes.

2. There is the far more tame Bush Shoot Out where Bush is attacked inside the White House and you can play him as hiding behind his desk shooting it out with terrorists and trying to escape (imagine the outrage if Obama was the target and forced to defend himself - his supporters/the media likened a cover of New Yorker magazine that mocked him to "a lynching" and claim that virtually every synonym used to describe him from skinny to professor is a racist code word).

3. Such signs, shirts, and depictions were quite common at anti-Bush protests and were largely ignored by the media (and declared as merely representing the view of a few members of the fringe in the few cases where they were covered) but the same media stalked Tea Party rallies looking for similar displays concerning Obama.
              Last edited by rogue06; 03-08-2014, 12:59 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Got to love it that you need to find something a musician said about Obama while erstwhile journalists were calling Bush things like a "despotic ... murderous fascist" (Keith Olberman at MSNBC). And what musicians were saying about Bush, like Natalie Maine of Dixie Chicks, I can't even post in a veiled manner in that it would be a violation of Tweb's rules about obscenities. Other entertainers like Bill Maher speak with pride of the various things they called Bush from "a catastrophe that walks like a man" and "Drinky McDumbass" to, again, things I can't even say in veiled form.

Movies were made that were fantasies about assassinating the president (Bush) and even several years later "Game of Thrones" was sticking his decapitated head on a spike[1]. Books were written about people fantasizing about killing Bush (another book "Assassination Vacation" is a "humorous" travelogue of sites where American presidents -- all and only Republican -- were assassinated). Art exhibits at the reputable Columbia College in Chicago featured images of Bush with a gun pointed to his head. Video games (“The Night of Bush Capturing; A Virtual Jihadi”) were made with the goal of killing Bush and again displayed in an art gallery as part of their "Free Speech Exhibition."[2]

Randi Rhodes, a talk show host on the now defunct liberal radio channel Air America, compared the Bush family to the fictitious Corleone family in the “Godfather” movies, and suggested that Bush should be assassinated. “Like Fredo, somebody ought to take him [President Bush] fishing and phuw.” Rhodes then imitated the sound of a gunshot and said, “Works for me.” In “Godfather 2,” Fredo Corleone is murdered at the end of the film on orders from his brother Michael. Rhodes had also said that Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld “ought to be tortured.” Imagine if Rush Limbaugh had ever “joked” about Obama being assassinated. Then, less than a year later Rhodes did it again. In a Social Security reform bit on her program, an imaginary retiree from the fictional “American Association of Armed Retired People” says, “A spoiled child is telling us our Social Security isn't safe any more, so he’s going to fix it for us. Well, here’s your answer, you ungrateful whelp” – and then four gunshots ring out.

The left had quite a fascination with assassinating Bush ranging from the examples seen above to plastering NYC with anti-Bush assassination target practice posters (and many, many other similar expressions like these seen here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here... ad nauseum)[3].

Before he became a U.S. Senator Al Franken went around telling jokes on such venues as the “Late Show with David Letterman” and“Today” about Bush Administration official Karl Rove being executed for treason (which got Matt Lauer and his crew laughing).

1. Compare the difference in reactions to a rodeo clown wearing an Obama mask (something done to other presidents). Nobody at HBO was fired or sent to re-education... er, sensitivity training classes.

2. There is the far more tame [http://www.miniclip.com/games/bush-shoot-out/en/]Bush Shoot Out[/url] where Bush is attacked inside the White House and you can play him as hiding behind his desk shooting it out with terrorists and trying to escape (imagine the outrage if Obama was the target and forced to defend himself - his supporters/the media likened a cover of New Yorker magazine that mocked him to "a lynching" and claim that virtually every synonym used to describe him from skinny to professor is a racist code word).

3. Such signs, shirts, and depictions were quite common at anti-Bush protests and were largely ignored by the media (and declared as merely representing the view of a few members of the fringe in the few cases where they were covered) but the same media stalked Tea Party rallies looking for similar displays concerning Obama.

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Nobody at HBO was fired or sent to re-education... er, sensitivity training classes.
                  You're still sore about that, aren't you. But honest, I was NOT the one who kept stealing your juice boxes. I'm just proud they weren't able to break you, bro!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    Really Jimmy? Here is something written about Abe Lincoln, during his lifetime:

"The illustrious Honest Old Abe has continued during the last week to make a fool of himself and to mortify and shame the intelligent people of this great nation. His speeches have demonstrated the fact that although originally a Herculean rail splitter and more lately a whimsical story teller and side splitter, he is no more capable of becoming a statesman, nay, even a moderate one, than the braying ass can become a noble lion. People now marvel how it came to pass that Mr. Lincoln should have been selected as the representative man of any party. His weak, wishy-washy, namby-pamby efforts, imbecile in matter, disgusting in manner, have made us the laughing stock of the whole world. The European powers will despise us because we have no better material out of which to make a President. The truth is, Lincoln is only a moderate lawyer and in the larger cities of the Union could pass for no more than a facetious pettifogger. Take him from his vocation and he loses even these small characteristics and indulges in simple twaddle which would disgrace a well bred school boy."
                    http://www.civilwar.org/hallowed-gro...r-lincoln.html

Read the entire article and see what was said about him (even by his own party and even staff). Really Jimmy, do you even think or bother to look things up BEFORE you speak?
                    You are correct that back during the 19th century some of the presidential campaigns were probably more vicious than what we see today.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      You're still sore about that, aren't you. But honest, I was NOT the one who kept stealing your juice boxes. I'm just proud they weren't able to break you, bro!

In reality the only time I attended a sensitivity training class was when it was mandated company wide to help eliminate sexual harassment. Another (male) manager and I were standing out side the HR office in a particularly narrow hall waiting for the class when an openly gay employee came down the hall and passed between us and said in a high pitched voice, "ex-squeeze me." The head of the HR department had just opened the door and witnessed the incident and I turned to her and asked if this would be the sort of thing we would be discussing. She rolled her eyes, sighed and said "yes."

Comment

You are correct that back during the 19th century some of the presidential campaigns were probably more vicious than what we see today.
                        But according to Jimmy, Obama has it worse then all of them did.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          But according to Jimmy, Obama has it worse then all of them did.
                          And ANYBODY who disagrees with Obama -- we're racists! It's ONLY cause he's black! (even though he's only half black, so maybe we try twice as hard )
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In reality the only time I attended a sensitivity training class was when it was mandated company wide to help eliminate sexual harassment. Another (male) manager and I were standing out side the HR office in a particularly narrow hall waiting for the class when an openly gay employee came down the hall and passed between us and said in a high pitched voice, "ex-squeeze me." The head of the HR department had just opened the door and witnessed the incident and I turned to her and asked if this would be the sort of thing we would be discussing. She rolled her eyes, sighed and said "yes."
                            My wife works for A&M University, and has to go to re-education camp twice a year. (She's SUCH a hateful racist ) It's really quite a joke, cause you have to pass a test on the computer, in which you ONLY pass if you check the right boxes. You can't disagree with ANYTHING, and unless you're pronounced "clean" by the system, you can lose your job. One of her black friends (honestly a very good friend with a sense of humor) tells my wife, "Well, I passed the test, but I still can't stand you white crackers".

Comment

I'll name just a few:

1) The "Red Line" with Syria which let genocide to continue unabated
                              2) The Russian "Reset"
                              3) The NSA Spy program
                              4) Benghazi
                              5) No response to the Arab Spring fallout
                              6) Allowed Iran's nuclear ambitions to continue with little resistance
                              7) The hasty retreat in Iraq which has Al Queda regaining strength

And those are just the big ones from a foreign policy perspective. No one respects our military might anymore. Heck, our allies barely even know which direction Obama's "fly by the seat of his pants" foreign policy will go.
                              What about those events Bill? Apparently you think you are making an argument against the President simply by echoing the Republican talking points, but you're not. Its a real shame too, because the politicians know that, so long as you are in their camp to begin with, you're will willing accept just about anything they tell you about anything. Heck, they even get many so called journalists to unquestioningly follow their lead. Thats one thing I have to admit that Sean Hannity gets right. True journalism or journalist's in the main stream media are a dying breed. So why don't you begin with the order in which you set them up starting with "the red line" and give me your critique. And i'm not going to argue that the president has done everything right, that he hasn't, in my opinion, made mistakes, or that i agree with everything he does. That would be idiotic. No President is infallible, they all have regrets, and always will, and i don't think that those mistakes, i.e. those talking points, is where your real discust for the President comes from anyway since as you yourself admitted you were discusted and tried to warn us about him before the country chose to ignore you and elect him anyway. But go ahead anyway, make your case against the president with regards to each of the so called policy disasters that you have above attributed to the President and I will be glad to discuss them with you.
                              Last edited by JimL; 03-08-2014, 10:14 PM.

Comment

2. There is the far more tame Bush Shoot Out where Bush is attacked inside the White House and you can play him as hiding behind his desk shooting it out with terrorists and trying to escape (imagine the outrage if Obama was the target and forced to defend himself - his supporters/the media likened a cover of New Yorker magazine that mocked him to "a lynching" and claim that virtually every synonym used to describe him from skinny to professor is a racist code word).

Yes, we know all about what comedians, the fringe elements, and the propagandists that fire those elements up say and do, but Ted Nugent, and his ilk spout their racist mouths off at the request of, and to the delight of, the Republican/Tea Party politicians. Hey, Nugent even threatened to assasinate the President should he get re-elected and nary a soul in the Republican Party had the decency to put him in his place. Thats the problem, they not only rarely condemn this kind of hate speech, they actually encourage it.
                                BTW the Dixie chics Quote was: "we don't want this war, this violence, and we are ashamed that the president of the U.S. is from our state of Texas. Hardly the kind of thing we're talking about. And posting a bunch of unreferenced pictures isn't saying much either. But again, you didn't see politicians on the Democratic side of the isle promoting and encouraging that kind of stuff.
                                Last edited by JimL; 03-08-2014, 11:35 PM.

Comment