Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Arbiter of Truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It amazes me how she can make so many proclamations that "there's no truth to" so many things, and that BLM does not plan or (whatever she said) --- Any time somebody makes sweeping statements that something doesn't happen or exist, you know they haven't thought it through.

So, yeah, she's in her own bubble, declaring her own truth.
    The thing is though, since she obviously knows what is a lie and what is truth, she proves that there is no need for some government agency to determine truth for us. That is why I asked her how she KNOWS those things were not true.

Even if we had a "Minister of Truth" that would not stop conspiracy theories. It would fuel them. And unless they want to eliminate the first amendment, there is no way to actually stop conspiracy nuts from spreading conspiracies.

Already on facebook all of the "fact checkers" have shown themselves to be completely untrustworthy when it comes to politics, so much so that conspiracy nuts are using them as evidence that what they are saying is true "see? they are trying to silence us! It must be true!"

Last edited by Sparko; 02-04-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The thing is though, since she obviously knows what is a lie and what is truth, she proves that there is no need for some government agency to determine truth for us. That is why I asked her how she KNOWS those things were not true.

Even if we had a "Minister of Truth" that would not stop conspiracy theories. It would fuel them. And unless they want to eliminate the first amendment, there is no way to actually stop conspiracy nuts from spreading conspiracies.

Already on facebook all of the "fact checkers" have shown themselves to be completely untrustworthy when it comes to politics, so much so that conspiracy nuts are using them as evidence that what they are saying is true "see? they are trying to silence us! It must be true!"
      Yes, the Ministry of Truth would be the Purveyor of Conspiracies.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, the Ministry of Truth would be the Purveyor of Conspiracies.
        It's like the Democrats and Gun Control. The Democrats are the best gun salesmen in the world. Right now gun stores can't even keep ammunition in stock because it is flying off of the shelves.

Comment

It's like the Democrats and Gun Control. The Democrats are the best gun salesmen in the world. Right now gun stores can't even keep ammunition in stock because it is flying off of the shelves.
          I order my ammo by mail, and the long list of, say, 9mm ammo has "not available" next to most of the options.
          Fortunately, because I'm a member of the club, I can preorder, and I'm good.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I order my ammo by mail, and the long list of, say, 9mm ammo has "not available" next to most of the options.
            Fortunately, because I'm a member of the club, I can preorder, and I'm good.
            Yeah I was looking online the other day because locally they are all sold out, and the online places were sold out also (9MM) - although they had some of the more expensive rounds still in stock (or maybe they just raised the prices so high nobody is buying)

And that is just on the rumor that Biden is going to try to tax ammo.

Comment

Yeah I was looking online the other day because locally they are all sold out, and the online places were sold out also (9MM) - although they had some of the more expensive rounds still in stock (or maybe they just raised the prices so high nobody is buying)

Check sgammo.com

Comment

There really is no reasoning with somebody like you who has it all figured out and it's always "the other guy".
                I never said I have it all figured out.
                I said that there are generally trustworthy sources out there, and they don't include Fox, Newsmax, Infowars, Rush, etc.

Today I saw a clip of a Wyoming GOP official reading the basis for censuring Liz Cheney, and he said that the Capitol attack was planned by Antifa and BLM!!! I guess he has it all figured out, right?

It is clear that people on this thread think that BLM planned demonstrations to include property destruction and looting. I have seen no evidence of that at all. Anyone who makes a claim should be responsible for producing evidence, and this claim about BLM has not been substantiated. Do you think it is wrong to protest the killing of unarmed black men?

In any case, I wrote a rather long post, and your response was to be dismissive rather than attempting to show where I am wrong and why.
                I am willing to discuss anything I say, but a discussion requires at least 2 posters.

Comment

Are you building an arsenal? What for?

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

If you think the price of purchase is going to go up or the item is going to be scarce, most people would stock up on that item. Gun sales tend to be better under Democrat presidencies.

Why jump to think Sparko is some future crazed gunman stocking up to go on a spree? There is such thing as the responsible gun owner.
                    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I never said I have it all figured out.
                      I said that there are generally trustworthy sources out there, and they don't include Fox, Newsmax, Infowars, Rush, etc.

Today I saw a clip of a Wyoming GOP official reading the basis for censuring Liz Cheney, and he said that the Capitol attack was planned by Antifa and BLM!!! I guess he has it all figured out, right?
                      He's not posting here.

It is clear that people on this thread think that BLM planned demonstrations to include property destruction and looting.
                      I wouldn't go that far - I think it's the people they attract, and they're not at all surprised when the looting and violence breaks out.

I have seen no evidence of that at all.
                      You're expecting, perhaps, that they'd post their plans on the internetzweb?

Anyone who makes a claim should be responsible for producing evidence, and this claim about BLM has not been substantiated. Do you think it is wrong to protest the killing of unarmed black men?
                      Peaceful protests are absolutely righteous. If they happened in the daytime, it'd be a whole lot easier to believe they actually wanted peaceful protests.

In any case, I wrote a rather long post, and your response was to be dismissive rather than attempting to show where I am wrong and why.
                      I am willing to discuss anything I say, but a discussion requires at least 2 posters.
                      I posted. (you might could dial the snit down just a wee tad)

Comment

The great thing about our constitution is that what I do with my guns is none of your business. Or the governments.

Comment

The great thing about our constitution is that what I do with my guns is none of your business. Or the governments.
                          You mean the guns and ammo you may or may not have?

Comment

You mean the guns and ammo you may or may not have?
                            What guns? I just like to collect ammo. I think bullets are pretty.

Comment

What guns? I just like to collect ammo. I think bullets are pretty.
                              My granddaughter is really into hunting, and found out that at 18, she could buy her very own .22 rifle.
                              She was shocked, however, when they told her she could not buy .22 ammo until she was 21 years old.

(because the .22 long could be a pistol or rifle cartridge (if you can call rimfire a cartridge) and she's not all owed to buy pistol ammo)

And, I'm sure you have those smarter bullets that Joycelyn Elders taught us about, eh?

Comment