Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Animals are not OURS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Despite your tendency to use abusive terms towards me this is one area where you and I are in agreement.
    Gondwanaland is a WOMAN ABUSER?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    If I had written
    • "their not appropriate here"
    • "there not appropriate here"
    • "they're not appropriate hear"
    • "their not appropriate hear"
    • "there not appropriate hear"

THEN you can safely conclude that it was direct toward you.

The same if I used "knot" instead of "not."

Although it's still possible that a homophonic mistake could slip through now and then. So I guess you'll just have to wonder
    Gee, talk about CRUELTY!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And TOTALLY unnecessary to make the point.

(wait, when you say "they're not appropriate here", are you still talking about the entire staff? This is about me, isn't it?)
    If I had written
    • "their not appropriate here"
    • "there not appropriate here"
    • "their not appropriate hear"
    • "there not appropriate hear"

THEN you can safely conclude that it was direct toward you.

The same if I used "knot" instead of "not."

Although it's still possible that a homophonic mistake could slip through now and then. So I guess you'll just have to wonder

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Human life and animal life are not.
    AMEN!!!!! Thank you for yet another testimonial!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    If I ever get another dog, and I do want one but just can't properly care for it where I live[1[, it'll be from a pound and likely a mixed breed. Dogs have been bred to the point that they have all sorts of health issues associated with specific breeds and I don't want to support a puppy mill.

1. I guess this could be an indication that I might be more interested in the dog's well being than my desire to have one. And I really would like to get one. Maybe when I'm retired (which isn't in the foreseeable future although I'm close to the age where I could).
    Yup, Jakes' a Yellow Lab () along with probably Collie, Pit Bull, Rhodesian Ridgeback... and he's healthy as a .... whatever's really healthy!

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    A quote mine? Seriously? You're better than that.

The source mentions having a calf at its side wrt the cow not having to milk it daily at that point. The quote I gave

After the calf is naturally weaned, a dairy cow may not dry up naturally, so you’ll need to continue to milk daily. You may even need to increase milking to prevent problems.

discusses the cow after the calf has been weaned and how many don't stop producing milk and may need to be milked more often because of it. So no, not all dairy cows dry up.

And I noted that the cow had previously given birth so your sources are irrelevant. The fact remains that many dairy cows continue producing milk long after they gave birth and the calf has been naturally weaned. From the point it gave birth "most dairy cows will produce a good amount of milk for the next 5-6 years" (bolding in original)

If you don't milk them you are allowing the cow to suffer in agony as the udder swells up to the point they have problems even standing, not to mention laying down, and leads to its death either through the udder finally rupturing or through infection.

Again, go talk to actual farmers and stop relying on PETA which actually spreads a joke started on 4Chan that drinking milk is a symbol of white supremacy as being the truth. They are not an honest source and will openly lie to push their agenda.
    That's simply patently false and a denial of basic biology. As to 'talk to sctual farmers', I literally grew up the son of two farmers, as I stated before. Whate you are claiming has no basis in fact or biology. Dairry cows dry up after weaning. They certainly can produce milk for the next 5-6 years if they are being impregnated regularly, that's certainly true. And shortly after, when they stop producing as much, they are usually killed. but they do not magically continue to produce milk without frequent and constant impregnation.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Then you don't feel bad about people having abortions. Right? You're cool with abortions. Right?
    Your "logic" is really really weird. HUMAN abortions are the ending of HUMAN life, and you have done an EXCELLENT job of differentiating the two.

I don't think you quite understand how you just shot your own position in the foot.
    Nope -- you very clearly showed how different humans and animals are. Animals are incapable of setting up courts, having trials, indicting the rapists and murderers among them --- they act like... ANIMALS.

Humans have a responsibility to protect one another from such "animal" behavior.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

EGGzackly --- we got our dog, Jake, from an animal shelter, not a puppybreedercompany. And it's not necessarily proven that I treat him better than I treat my wife and kids.
    If I ever get another dog, and I do want one but just can't properly care for it where I live[1[, it'll be from a pound and likely a mixed breed. Dogs have been bred to the point that they have all sorts of health issues associated with specific breeds and I don't want to support a puppy mill.

1. I guess this could be an indication that I might be more interested in the dog's well being than my desire to have one. And I really would like to get one. Maybe when I'm retired (which isn't in the foreseeable future although I'm close to the age where I could).

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Humane Society honestly has had a number of the same missteps as PETA wrt euthanizing, etc..

PETA has, on the whole, had far more effect worldwide on reducing the abuse, mistreatment, of animals, than the Humane Society. So why not both? Both is fine.
    Got a cite for that last part?

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Gond, in all seriousness. If you are really interested in helping prevent the abuse of animals, turn to groups like the Humane Society not PETA.
    Humane Society honestly has had a number of the same missteps as PETA wrt euthanizing, etc..

PETA has, on the whole, had far more effect worldwide on reducing the abuse, mistreatment, of animals, than the Humane Society. So why not both? Both is fine.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    We are completely consistent on this. We've had members post just those type of images in the past and they were also taken down even though, AFAIK, the entire staff is pro-life. They're just not appropriate here.
    And TOTALLY unnecessary to make the point.

(wait, when you say "they're not appropriate here", are you still talking about the entire staff? This is about me, isn't it?)

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I think that could indeed be part of it. But one should note that animals were only 'given' in the bible after sin. One would think a rational Christian would strive toward eating plants and treating animals as they were BEFORE sin.
    Yet, the New Testament is full of instances of people eating animals, and Peter's vision, and the Prodigal Son...... eating meat in the NT is sanctioned by God. I'm a "New Testament Christian".

And Jesus grilled fish for the boys.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

I've honestly spent the last several years as a vegan on the interwebs hearing stuff like this so I'm not entirely sure if you're serious or making a sarcastic point.
    I think the at the end is likely a very good clue.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

2) The reason there was objection to the gross pictures of dead animals is the very same reason that we don't post (as mossy suggested) pictures of unborn babies torn to pieces by "medical professionals".
    We are completely consistent on this. We've had members post just those type of images in the past and they were also taken down even though, AFAIK, the entire staff is pro-life. They're just not appropriate here.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Perhaps the cognitive dissonance occurs because many people who are pro-life believe that peoplekind is created in the image of their Maker, and that the same Maker gave us animals to serve us. He did NOT give us the instructions to abuse animals, but to care for them and use them for food and clothing.
    I think that could indeed be part of it. But one should note that animals were only 'given' in the bible after sin. One would think a rational Christian would strive toward eating plants and treating animals as they were BEFORE sin.

I find it odd that you are quite vehement towards those who are not vegan as you are. I don't mind if you're vegan, it's your choice. But please allow me my choice to eat meat and drink milk and eat eggs and butter and wear wool. I mean, don't you think it's cruel to a cotton plant to have it's bolls harvested and spun and woven? Or a flax plant to be cut down and it's fibres made into linen? That's horrible! Plants are people, too!

I've honestly spent the last several years as a vegan on the interwebs hearing stuff like this so I'm not entirely sure if you're serious or making a sarcastic point.

Leave a comment: