Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden pick for AG for Civil Rights is a "Black Supremacist" and anti-Semite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kccd View Post

Yes, this seems troubling on its face, but I would like to see some context.

More importantly, who we are at 20 is often quite different from who we are at 40 or 60.

Finally, conservatives are OK with forgetting about things Trump did and said before he became POTUS, but that is different, right? He was a pro-choice Dem. He was fined for racist housing practices, fraud at his "University" and "charitable" foundation and for campaign spending violations. Bragged about escaping STDs and assaulting women. No big deal, right?
    Your attempts to deflect and justify are duly noted but I'll still address them although I DO NOT WANT THIS TO BECOME YET ANOTHER DISCUSSION ABOUT TRUMP. IF ANYONE WANTS TO DO THIS START YOUR OWN THREAD

The "who we are at 20" isn't exactly the standard that the left was interested in following when Trump was president is it? For instance they tried to block the appointment of Neomi Rao to replace Brett Kavanaugh on United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit based on what she wrote while at Yale about respecting women, which they claimed was "victim blaming" because she advised that the best way avoid date rape was to "stay reasonably sober."

And then there is Kavanaugh himself.

And name a major property owner, one on the scale of Trump, who hasn't been accused of racist housing practices. It is virtually impossible to police all your properties to make sure that there aren't violations of some type taking place. And keep in mind at the same time Trump was being awarded the Ellis Island Award which is given out in celebration of diversity and understanding among religious and ethnic groups for his contributions that benefited New York City as a developer.

And while claiming not to have ever contracted an STD may not be something should exactly be boasting of, it is hardly something to be used as an excuse to hand wave off Clarke's history of blatant racism and anti-Semitism.

Finally, Trump never said he assaulted women. He was speaking hyperbolically about how some women will do anything to be with a star and how he would try to kiss a woman he was flirting with. "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the [crude term for vagina]. You can do anything." It was meant to be an exaggerated example of just how far he could go not a claim of what he actually did. It is no different than when he talked about how he "could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters." He wasn't talking literally.

AGAIN, WHILE I ADDRESSED KCCD's POST IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT TRUMP START YOUR OWN POST

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by The Pendragon View Post

Rogue, I have to disagree with you an this I do not believe she is a "Black Supremacist" she is a "Melanin Supremacist" she would have us believe that the more melanin you have in your skin the more superior you are.
      So lets all go out and het really dark tans, it will make us smarter, stronger and make us closer to God.
      My Germanic Scandinavian heritage prevents me from getting very tan. I just get red.

My cousin and I rebuilt a wing of my mother's house one Spring that was sinking due to being constructed on a burn pit lot. We even spent several days up on the roof replacing the shingles on the entire thing (it was a 3000 sq. ft. single story house). After a couple weeks of this my friends went to the pool for one day and ended up being far tanner than I was.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        My Germanic Scandinavian heritage prevents me from getting very tan. I just get red.

So that's where your username comes from! Rouge = red, in French, so they tell me. { }
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by The Pendragon View Post

Can't be sure but I think she was on Tucker Carlson apposing the view that we need to look at skin color in hiring because black people are just superior. If true it sounds like she has not changed her view that much.
          She does think that dark skin equates to the potential employee having greater "mental, physical and spiritual abilities." Her full quote is

"Melanin endows Blacks with greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities -- something which cannot be measured based on Eurocentric standards."

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post

So that's where your username comes from! Rouge = red, in French, so they tell me. { }
            Great thunkinating! Unfortunately the name is rogue.

And oui, rouge means red in french. So the Louisiana city Baton Rouge literally means Red Stick

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post
              Yes, this seems troubling on its face, but I would like to see some context.
              Sorry, but there is is not context that would make this in any way acceptable.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                Why is half the OP about someone who isn't the topic? It's just plain making stuff up to allege she holds the exact same views as some other random person.

Let's imagine your conspiracy theorism is right and that she is a black supremacist. So what? If blacks could survive white supremacists in positions of power in the US for hundreds of years, I think whites will survive one woman just fine. And while many people would say "turnabout is fair play", I seriously doubt this woman in her bureaucratic role is likely to cause any level of harm to whites.
                It typifies the thinking of those who claim black supremacy based upon the amount of melanin one possesses. A view that Clarke embraces. I could have cited some of the stuff put out by the Nation of Islam, the leading proponent of this racist garbage. It is no less vile.

And as an aside I'll note that BLM has never denounced this nor asked the co-founder of BLM in Canada to renounce it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Sorry, but there is is not context that would make this in any way acceptable.
                  According to Newsweek, Clarke is trying to use the parody defense again. The one that she used to justify her full throated defense of inviting the anti-Semite Holocaust denier to speak at Harvard because, as she proclaimed that he is a "black intellectual who bases his information on indisputable fact."

She now says that her support of the ridiculous racist nonsense that blacks are genetically superior to whites due to having more melanin in their skin was meant to satirize the The Bell Curve which had been published around the time she she wrote her article.

The liberal magazine rejected her claim concluding that while she does mention The Bell Curve that "it is not stated in the article that her and Kennedy's [the co-author of the article] claims on Black vs. white genetics were not serious at the time." And I'll add that she never claimed it was a parody until now when she became Biden's pick for the position of Assistant Attorney General to head the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division over 20 years later.
                  Last edited by rogue06; 01-28-2021, 07:50 AM.

Comment

My cousin and I rebuilt a wing of my mother's house one Spring that was sinking due to being constructed on a burn pit lot. We even spent several days up on the roof replacing the shingles on the entire thing (it was a 3000 sq. ft. single story house). After a couple weeks of this my friends went to the pool for one day and ended up being far tanner than I was.
                    Every summer, I turn bright red for a few days, then darken and remain "farmer's tan" for the rest of the summer. Maybe I'm smartest during the summer!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                      Why is half the OP about someone who isn't the topic? It's just plain making stuff up to allege she holds the exact same views as some other random person.

Let's imagine your conspiracy theorism is right and that she is a black supremacist. So what? If blacks could survive white supremacists in positions of power in the US for hundreds of years, I think whites will survive one woman just fine. And while many people would say "turnabout is fair play", I seriously doubt this woman in her bureaucratic role is likely to cause any level of harm to whites.

Starlight, "Pay no attention to the racist behind the curtain!"

Comment

Proves how inferior you are! You need to give me your bacon!

Comment

Kristen Clarke, Biden's choice to head the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division is a unabashed racist who promotes an idea advocated by Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam as well as some sectors of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement, which is that blacks are genetically superior to whites (and presumably to light skin blacks as well as light skinned Asians like Japanese, Koreans and most Chinese) because they have more melanin in their skin. The more melanin you possess the darker the pigment of your skin is. She also has a history of being an anti-Semite.

While an undergrad at Harvard in the mid 1990s Clarke proclaimed in the student newspaper that blacks had greater "mental, physical and spiritual abilities" than whites based upon amount of melanin they have.

This is also the view of Yusra Khogali, a.k.a. Yusra K. Ali, co-founder of Black Lives Matter Toronto , where the movement is said to have its largest international contingent, who notoriously declared:

And concludes with

That's the sort of thinking that Clarke espouses.

Further, she is a strong proponent of racial quotas for hiring and college admissions and was instrumental in efforts to prevent prosecution of members of the Black Panthers who stood armed with batons on at the entrance to polling places intimidating Philadelphia voters back in 2008.

Clarke also has a history of being an anti-Semite.

When she was the president of the Harvard Black Students Association, Clarke invited Wellesley College history professor and author Tony Martin, known for his extreme anti-Semitism (he's a major proponent of the conspiracy theory that Jews controlled the slave trade) and Holocaust denial, to speak on campus defending her decision saying that he is a "black intellectual who bases his information on indisputable fact."

She now claims that her defense as a parody and wouldn't invite him again, but her record since then gainsays this excuse. Just two years ago she stood in solidarity for and support of Tamika Mallory, who at the time was president of the Women’s March, after her close relationship with Louis Farrakhan and anti-Semitism were revealed. Mallory blames Jews for, in her words, "the horror of the trans-Atlantic slave trade, plantation slavery, Jim Crow, sharecropping."

Clarke has defiantly declared that she would do it again because she appears to believe that showing solidarity for a fellow "woman of color" is more important than take a stand against hate.
                          Better to quote what Kristen Clarke wrote rather than the crud someone else posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Starlight, "Pay no attention to the racist behind the curtain!"
                            Starlight's Critique of the OP was spot on. Had Gond not posted the link to the Harvard article, I would have made the same points. The OP claimed that Clarke had horrible beliefs, and proceeded to show us examples of what those horrible beliefs said. But, it didn't show anything that actually linked Clarke to those beliefs. It would be like saying "So and So is an Anti-semite, here are examples of Nazi's saying bad stuff about jews"

My agreement with starlight only goes as far as the critique of the OP's content. The rest of his post about the significance of the accusation ("So what") is entirely on him.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Better to quote what Kristen Clarke wrote rather than the crud someone else posted.
                              You must mean like how blacks have "greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities" than whites based on having more melanin. Or maybe how she defended the rabidly anti-Semitic person and Holocaust denier she invited to speak at Harvard is a "black intellectual who bases his information on indisputable fact."

Something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Starlight's Critique of the OP was spot on. Had Gond not posted the link to the Harvard article, I would have made the same points. The OP claimed that Clarke had horrible beliefs, and proceeded to show us examples of what those horrible beliefs said. But, it didn't show anything that actually linked Clarke to those beliefs. It would be like saying "So and So is an Anti-semite, here are examples of Nazi's saying bad stuff about jews"
                                You must mean like how blacks have "greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities" than whites based on having more melanin. Or maybe how she defended the rabidly anti-Semitic person and Holocaust denier she invited to speak at Harvard is a "black intellectual who bases his information on indisputable fact."

Something like that?

Comment