Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden pick for AG for Civil Rights is a "Black Supremacist" and anti-Semite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    You must mean like how blacks have "greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities" than whites based on having more melanin. Or maybe how she defended the rabidly anti-Semitic person and Holocaust denier she invited to speak at Harvard is a "black intellectual who bases his information on indisputable fact."

Something like that?

Yes, can you post that link?

Comment

You must mean like how blacks have "greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities" than whites based on having more melanin. Or maybe how she defended the rabidly anti-Semitic person and Holocaust denier she invited to speak at Harvard is a "black intellectual who bases his information on indisputable fact."

Something like that?
      Yes, You would have done better to quote from her article, and link to articles that cover those things. The quotes from someone not her muddy the message, and make the post appear to be more of a smear than a valid critique.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Yes, You would have done better to quote from her article, and link to articles that cover those things. The quotes from someone not her muddy the message, and make the post appear to be more of a smear than a valid critique.
        I'm sure I'll take umbrage with Kristen's views, but for rogue to quote an entirely different person makes zero sense. At first, I assumed Kristen posted that junk under a pseudonym.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Yes, can you post that link?
          I believe that this one has both

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm sure I'll take umbrage with Kristen's views, but for rogue to quote an entirely different person makes zero sense. At first, I assumed Kristen posted that junk under a pseudonym.
            Again, that showed the mind set of those who hold her views. You can see that same thing from Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam. It is typical.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Naturally, she's trying to walk it back, kinda....

Biden’s Deputy AG touts record on antisemitism amid criticism of her college activity

Kristen Clarke, President-elect Joe Biden’s nominee for assistant attorney general for civil rights, responded on Wednesday night to recent criticism of her past comments about racial superiority and her role while a student at Harvard University in organizing a 1994 event that featured antisemitic comments by a controversial professor. She said it “was a mistake” to have hosted the professor, and that her comments had been “twisted.”

Clarke, who was at the time president of Harvard’s Black Students Association, hosted Prof. Tony Martin to speak to students about racism. But Martin, who a year earlier had authored a book titled “The Jewish Onslaught,” devoted his hour-long speech at the event to spew conspiracy theories about a Jewish “tradition” of persecuting Blacks, and accused Jews of having a “monopoly” on the notion of African inferiority.

Following the event, amid criticism, Clarke issued a statement supporting Martin’s defense of Black students and their intellect. “Professor Martin is an intelligent, well-versed Black intellectual who bases his information on indisputable fact,” she wrote.

In an exclusive interview late Wednesday, Clarke said that Martin, who died in 2013, had reached out and offered to speak on campus, and that it “was a mistake to accept his offer to come and to defend him.”

“Giving someone like him a platform, it’s not something I would do again,” Clarke said.

Asked if she denounces Martin and his views, Clarke said, “I do, 100%. I unequivocally denounce antisemitism.”

Clarke, who is president of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, previously headed the civil rights bureau at the New York Attorney General’s office, under Eric Schneiderman.

Clarke noted that during her tenure there she had advanced a religious-rights initiative that she said promoted religious accommodation, combated religious discrimination and ensured that Jewish employees were given flexibility so that they could observe the Sabbath.

“Fighting antisemitism, racism, white supremacy and all forms of bias are principles and values that have animated my career every step of the way,” she said.

Clarke was nominated as a deputy to Attorney General-designate Merrick Garland on Jan. 7.

In the interview, Clarke also clarified a letter she co-authored to the editors of The Harvard Crimson in 1994, touting “the genetic differences between Blacks and whites” and explaining that “melanin endows Blacks with greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities.” The letter was first reported by Fox News host Tucker Carlston.

Clarke accused conservative news outlets of “putting out a lot of false and twisted information” about her views and past comments.

According to Clarke, the letter was in response to views touted by the psychologist Richard Herrnstein and political scientist Charles Murray, in a book titled “The Bell Curve,” that questioned the intellectual ability and moral right of Black students to be at an institution of higher learning. The book, she said, “was generating wide acclaim for its racist views” and her intention in opening the letter “with an absurd claim that Black people are superior based on the melanin in their skin” was to “hold up a mirror to reflect how reprehensible the premise of black inferiority was set.”

“It was meant to express an equally absurd point of view — fighting one ridiculous absurd racist theory with another ridiculous absurd theory,” Clarke explained, “and the goal was all about [exposing] the ugly racist underpinnings of the Bell Curve theory. It was deeply personal and profoundly important to Black students and other students of color who felt that their right to be on campus was challenged. And frankly, the fight that we were leading as students is a fight that I am still very much a part of today.”

“The fact is that I am somebody who has dedicated their entire career to fighting antisemitism, racism, white supremacy and bias whenever it shows up,” she added.

As recently as 2019, Clarke expressed support for Tamika Mallory, one of the leaders of the Women’s March, who was forced to resign over accusations of antisemitism and her association with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

“We have supported the Women’s March throughout the past three years because we trust Tamika’s leadership and we trust her judgment to ensure the Women’s March remains an inclusive movement that African American women throughout the Diaspora can see themselves reflected in,” a statement, which Clarke was one of its signatories, read. The statement added, “Women’s March, Inc. embraces Kingian Nonviolence as core to their role as servant leaders. We share these principles and join them in denouncing racism, antisemitism, sexism, violence, and bigotry in any form in our nation.”

Clarke defended the statement, saying, “The marginalization of women of color is a threat to disrupt democracy, and what led me to join that letter was a grave concern about seeing another woman of color marginalized and silenced. Let me be clear, I denounce antisemitism wherever and whenever it shows up.”

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And this....

NEWSWEEK

Fact Check: Did Joe Biden's Assistant AG Pick Write About Black vs. White Genetics?

The Ruling

True.

Despite Clarke's recent assertions that her 1994 co-authored article for The Harvard Crimson was meant to "express an equally absurd point of view," it is not stated in the article that her and Kennedy's claims on Black vs. white genetics were not serious at the time.

Ultimately, she did write about Black vs. white genetics, although she said it was written in response to The Bell Curve.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Naturally, she's trying to walk it back, kinda....

Biden’s Deputy AG touts record on antisemitism amid criticism of her college activity

Kristen Clarke, President-elect Joe Biden’s nominee for assistant attorney general for civil rights, responded on Wednesday night to recent criticism of her past comments about racial superiority and her role while a student at Harvard University in organizing a 1994 event that featured antisemitic comments by a controversial professor. She said it “was a mistake” to have hosted the professor, and that her comments had been “twisted.”

Clarke, who was at the time president of Harvard’s Black Students Association, hosted Prof. Tony Martin to speak to students about racism. But Martin, who a year earlier had authored a book titled “The Jewish Onslaught,” devoted his hour-long speech at the event to spew conspiracy theories about a Jewish “tradition” of persecuting Blacks, and accused Jews of having a “monopoly” on the notion of African inferiority.

Following the event, amid criticism, Clarke issued a statement supporting Martin’s defense of Black students and their intellect. “Professor Martin is an intelligent, well-versed Black intellectual who bases his information on indisputable fact,” she wrote.

In an exclusive interview late Wednesday, Clarke said that Martin, who died in 2013, had reached out and offered to speak on campus, and that it “was a mistake to accept his offer to come and to defend him.”

“Giving someone like him a platform, it’s not something I would do again,” Clarke said.

Asked if she denounces Martin and his views, Clarke said, “I do, 100%. I unequivocally denounce antisemitism.”

Clarke, who is president of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, previously headed the civil rights bureau at the New York Attorney General’s office, under Eric Schneiderman.

Clarke noted that during her tenure there she had advanced a religious-rights initiative that she said promoted religious accommodation, combated religious discrimination and ensured that Jewish employees were given flexibility so that they could observe the Sabbath.

“Fighting antisemitism, racism, white supremacy and all forms of bias are principles and values that have animated my career every step of the way,” she said.

Clarke was nominated as a deputy to Attorney General-designate Merrick Garland on Jan. 7.

In the interview, Clarke also clarified a letter she co-authored to the editors of The Harvard Crimson in 1994, touting “the genetic differences between Blacks and whites” and explaining that “melanin endows Blacks with greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities.” The letter was first reported by Fox News host Tucker Carlston.

Clarke accused conservative news outlets of “putting out a lot of false and twisted information” about her views and past comments.

According to Clarke, the letter was in response to views touted by the psychologist Richard Herrnstein and political scientist Charles Murray, in a book titled “The Bell Curve,” that questioned the intellectual ability and moral right of Black students to be at an institution of higher learning. The book, she said, “was generating wide acclaim for its racist views” and her intention in opening the letter “with an absurd claim that Black people are superior based on the melanin in their skin” was to “hold up a mirror to reflect how reprehensible the premise of black inferiority was set.”

“It was meant to express an equally absurd point of view — fighting one ridiculous absurd racist theory with another ridiculous absurd theory,” Clarke explained, “and the goal was all about [exposing] the ugly racist underpinnings of the Bell Curve theory. It was deeply personal and profoundly important to Black students and other students of color who felt that their right to be on campus was challenged. And frankly, the fight that we were leading as students is a fight that I am still very much a part of today.”

“The fact is that I am somebody who has dedicated their entire career to fighting antisemitism, racism, white supremacy and bias whenever it shows up,” she added.

As recently as 2019, Clarke expressed support for Tamika Mallory, one of the leaders of the Women’s March, who was forced to resign over accusations of antisemitism and her association with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

“We have supported the Women’s March throughout the past three years because we trust Tamika’s leadership and we trust her judgment to ensure the Women’s March remains an inclusive movement that African American women throughout the Diaspora can see themselves reflected in,” a statement, which Clarke was one of its signatories, read. The statement added, “Women’s March, Inc. embraces Kingian Nonviolence as core to their role as servant leaders. We share these principles and join them in denouncing racism, antisemitism, sexism, violence, and bigotry in any form in our nation.”

Clarke defended the statement, saying, “The marginalization of women of color is a threat to disrupt democracy, and what led me to join that letter was a grave concern about seeing another woman of color marginalized and silenced. Let me be clear, I denounce antisemitism wherever and whenever it shows up.”
                  It's funny how it is only now, over 20 years later, she started saying that her comments were parody or a mistake. It's almost like she suddenly has a motive to try to distance herself As I noted Newsweek (hardly a bastion of conservative thought) looked into the black supremacy one and don't buy it.

Comment

It's funny how it is only now, over 20 years later, she started saying that her comments were parody or a mistake. It's almost like she suddenly has a motive to try to distance herself As I noted Newsweek (hardly a bastion of conservative thought) looked into the black supremacy one and don't buy it.
                    You can't even IMAGINE a conservative saying anything even remotely as absurd and being given a pass.

Comment

You can't even IMAGINE a conservative saying anything even remotely as absurd and being given a pass.
                      The New York Post link I gave whag raises that same point.

She has a decades long history of saying racist and anti-Semitic things and also supporting and defending those who do. But now, when it might jeopardize her getting the Assistant AG job, suddenly (and only now) she expresses a change of heart or claims it was satire.

Next up... David Duke claims it was all just a joke

Comment

The New York Post link I gave whag raises that same point.

She has a decades long history of saying racist and anti-Semitic things and also supporting and defending those who do. But now, when it might jeopardize her getting the Assistant AG job, suddenly (and only now) she expresses a change of heart or claims it was satire.

Next up... David Duke claims it was all just a joke
                        Paula Deen.

Comment

I just keep watching all this nonsense with amazement how Biden and the democrats are just openly exposing their extremism and working so hard to prove everything the GOP warned about as true.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I just keep watching all this nonsense with amazement how Biden and the democrats are just openly exposing their extremism and working so hard to prove everything the GOP warned about as true.
                            And I hope it continues as we get closer to the Midterms.

Comment

Paula Deen.

Michael Richards (Kramer on Seinfeld), who's career imploded when he let lose with a racist barrage at a heckler, should now claim it was merely satire highlighting the absurdity of racist views.

Comment

Michael Richards (Kramer on Seinfeld), who's career imploded when he let lose with a racist barrage at a heckler, should now claim it was merely satire highlighting the absurdity of racist views.
                                Billy Graham held some anti-semitic beliefs as recorded in Nixon's white house tapes and later apologized, I believe. One could question the motivation of his later change of heart/apology.

From Billy Graham's Troubling, Nasty Nixon Moment:

The chat followed a Feb. 10, 1972 prayer breakfast the two men had attended. The Vietnam War was raging and Nixon was often very focused on his re-election campaign.

I listened as he made a string of bigoted remarks about Jews and what he deemed their undue influence. Graham responded, "This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain." That line was picked up by media at the time and included in some of remembrances following his demise. Most of the conversation was not.

"You believe that?" Nixon said, seeming to be pleasantly surprised with affirmation of an anti-Semitic streak that courses through many Nixon Oval Office conversations.

"Yes, sir," Graham said to Nixon (and H.R Haldeman, the Nixon top aide later imprisoned for his role in the Watergate cover-up, who is apparently in the room for most, even all the conversation).

"Oh, boy," replied Nixon. "So do I. I can't ever say that but I believe it."

"No, but if you get elected a second time, then we might be able to do something," Graham replied.

Graham referenced friends of his own in the press who were Jewish and how they "swarm around me and are friendly to me." But, he added, "They don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country."

It got worse. Nixon brought up a topic of which he said "we can't talk about it publicly": the alleged influence of Jews in Hollywood and the press. He references an executive with the 1968-1973 NBC hit show, "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in," as once informing him that 11 of its 12 writers were Jewish. (Nixon surfaced on an episode during the 1968 presidential campaign as part of his attempt at reinvention, famously uttering, "Sock-it-to-me!" a well-known catchphrase of actress Judy Carne, a show regular.)

"That right?" said Graham. Nixon seamlessly continued by asserting that Life magazine, Newsweek, The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times were among those "totally dominated by the Jews." And, he said, the famous broadcast network anchors Howard K. Smith, David Brinkley and Walter Cronkite were "front men who may not be of that persuasion," but that their writers were "95 percent Jewish."

Nixon, being Nixon, qualified his broadside by declaring that this didn't mean "that all the Jews are bad." But, nevertheless, most were of leftish persuasion and desired "peace at any price except where support for Israel is concerned. The best Jews are actually the Israeli Jews."

"That's right," agreed Graham, who would further aid and abet his host's declaration that a "powerful bloc" of media Jews confronted Nixon "And they're the ones putting out the pornographic stuff," Graham said, thought it's a bit unclear to what he alluded.
                                In fact, there are many democrats and republicans still serving who said racist things but still hold office.

Comment