Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What do democrats do if/when the second impeachment fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/dc-police-capitol-riot-second-officer-suicide-army-tepid-response-national-guard

DC police names second officer suicide after Capitol riot, rails against Army's 'tepid' response

MPD Acting Chief Robert Contee said Army staff hesitated in sending National Guard, citing 'optics of boots on the ground at the Capitol'

A second police officer who responded to the U.S. Capitol riot has died by suicide, D.C. Metropolitan Police Department Acting Chief Robert J. Contee told Congress Tuesday.

Contee, delivering testimony to the House Appropriations Committee, also described a "tepid response" from the Army, which he claimed was concerned over optics of having boots on the ground and was reluctant to send in D.C. National Guard, even as a violent mob overran the protective measures at the Capitol.

During the height of the incident on Jan. 6, approximately 850 Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) members were at the Capitol to assist U.S. Capitol Police, and by the day’s end, an additional estimate of 250 MPD members had been in the area to directly support the response and aftermath, Contee said.

© Copyright Original Source

Thank you Louis, short, but pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Thank you Louis, short, but pointless.
      Yes sir, sadly, unless he left a suicide note, we have no reason to use this tragedy to shamelessly try to make a political point.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

He's had four years to learn how much he likes power, and particularly how lucrative it can be.
        Yeah, look at the sweet deals his son scored with Ukraine and China with a healthy chunk set aside for "the Big Guy".

Oh, wait, that's the current occupant.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

You're sourcing Fox News? It's official then; They have joined the mainstream press corp.
          So, perhaps Shuny should also post...

Capitol Police apologizes, admits advanced intel showed Congress was target before insurrection

So much for a spontaneous uprising brought about by a Trump speech.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes sir, sadly, unless he left a suicide note, we have no reason to use this tragedy to shamelessly try to make a political point.
            Even then it is irrelevant to the question asked. It's more just him trying to play a shame game without ever actually saying it.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Even then it is irrelevant to the question asked. It's more just him trying to play a shame game without ever actually saying it.
              EGGzackly. But it DID put me on to another story, for which I just started a new thread.

Thanks, Shuny!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I really don't think "the Republicans" can win back the house and/or the senate WITHOUT "the Trump Supporters". Not sure why you're making this distinction.
                You've just explained why the Republicans have to worry about Trump supporters. If they convict Trump, then they won't be able to win back the House or the Senate. And each individual Senator has to worry about Trump supporters, because he knows he can kiss his political career goodbye if he votes to convict.

Democrats don't have to worry about Trump supporters because they know they won't get votes from them in any case.

Comment

I vote for censure. they have tried everything else that that they can do to a setting President. Why not take away all his powers a president to.

But, here's the really scary part these are the people driving the bus and we're on a nonstop cross county trip.
                  "Any sufficiently advanced technology, is indistinguishable from Magic!"
                  -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

in 4 years if Trump tries to run, they will try to find a way to disqualify him and keep him off the ballot. He will then tell all of his followers to vote for him as a write in. If he wins, the democrats will say write in votes don't count.

Comment

Democrats don't have to worry about Trump supporters because they know they won't get votes from them in any case.
                      But they do have to worry about independents and Democrat voters who are simply fed up with their own party. Remember, down ballot Democrat candidates did not do nearly as well as the party was hoping, and after two years of Bumbling Biden destroying our economy, job market, and US sovereignty, I wouldn't be surprised to see voters ready to give control of Congress to the Republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        But they do have to worry about independents and Democrat voters who are simply fed up with their own party. Remember, down ballot Democrat candidates did not do nearly as well as the party was hoping, and after two years of Bumbling Biden destroying our economy, job market, and US sovereignty, I wouldn't be surprised to see voters ready to give control of Congress to the Republicans.
                        Historically speaking, Biden would have to do exceptionally well in governing over his first two years in order to avoid losing the House. (Though the Republican party going full Trump may help him out.)

We'll have to wait and see how it goes.

Comment

Historically speaking, Biden would have to do exceptionally well in governing over his first two years in order to avoid losing the House.
                          At this point, it would be hard for him to do any worse, and it has only been like 10-days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            in 4 years if Trump tries to run, they will try to find a way to disqualify him and keep him off the ballot. He will then tell all of his followers to vote for him as a write in. If he wins, the democrats will say write in votes don't count.
                            The only thing that could disqualify Trump from running in 4 years would be a conviction by the Senate, which isn't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              At this point, it would be hard for him to do any worse, and it has only been like 10-days.
                              How he's doing is kind of a matter of opinion at this point.

Comment

The only thing that could disqualify Trump from running in 4 years would be a conviction by the Senate, which isn't going to happen.
                                And the Democrats know that a second impeachment would not accomplish that, but they are so driven by revenge....

Comment