Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chris Hedges on Unfettered Capitalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Unfettered capitalism is just another word for laissez faire capitalism. Meaning no government or centralized control.
    That's why I keep saying that he is complaining about something that doesn't exist. If he is that amazingly ignorant that he thinks otherwise then why should anyone bother to listen to him or care what he says?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I was going to start a thread on this in economy section. It's crazy what's happening between billion dollar hedge funds and reddit traders. But this isn't what you think it is. This is actually the good guys (wallstreet vigilantes) beating the baddies (hedge fund vultures and parasites) in the financial market.
      I know what it was. I was calling the practice of shorting itself insanity, not the actions of the Redditors.

The latter are the ones that always bailed-out by the central bank.
      Yes, the free market requires bailouts in the event of "cancel" phenomena, terrorism, pandemics, natural disasters, and its own bad practices.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

I know what it was. I was calling the practice of shorting itself insanity, not the actions of the Redditors.

Yes, the free market requires bailouts in the event of "cancel" phenomena, terrorism, pandemics, natural disasters, and its own bad practices.
        The hedge funds are crying for regulation because they know they influence the rules in their favor. So it's like you guys are talking on both sides of your mouth. You're saying we need more regulation and centralized control when it's evident any regulation or centralized control we get works in their favor. We need LESS regulation and centralized control. We need MORE free market, is what you should be saying, that way hedge fund parasites like these would fail and there would be no centralized government institution to save them.

Comment

The hedge funds are crying for regulation because they know they influence the rules in their favor. So it's like you guys are talking on both sides of your mouth. You're saying we need more regulation and centralized control when it's evident any regulation or centralized control we get works in their favor. We need LESS regulation and centralized control. We need MORE free market, is what you should be saying, that way hedge fund parasites like these would fail and there would be no centralized government institution to save them.
          More free market isn't going to eliminate the practice of speculative trading and short selling altogether. Redditors only highlighted the fact that this is talking place on Wall Street and nothing is being done about it.

Comment