Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Called it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Called it

Back on the 21st I posted the following about old Joe signing an Executive Order

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    A legitimate question is whether or not old Joe is even aware of what he signed. He might have thought it was a birthday card for a grandniece or grandnephew

Looks like I was right. Caught on a hot mic.

25th Amendment and Kamala Harris presidency here we come

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Is anyone surprised?

Or surprised that after 4 years of complaining that Trump was acting like a dictator and not working with congress, the first thing the Biden administration does is sign a stack of executive orders (more than any other president in history) bypassing congress to make new laws and destroy our economy?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Is anyone surprised?

Or surprised that after 4 years of complaining that Trump was acting like a dictator and not working with congress, the first thing the Biden administration does is sign a stack of executive orders (more than any other president in history) bypassing congress to make new laws and destroy our economy?
      As this clearly shows it is his keepers who are in charge. Folks like his new Press Secretary, Jen Psaki

Did Biden pick her or was it his keepers?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Back on the 21st I posted the following about old Joe signing an Executive Order

It seems that the right is searching for something they can use to tar Biden and have settled on trying to make it seem that he is suffering from dementia. Unfortunately, the only "proof" they have are muffled or doctored tapes and out of context statements.

Biden is a fundamentally decent and religious man.

It is not surprising that, in signing a set of EOs at once, he can not assign content to any one taken out of that pile. Approvals for each one were given well in advance of the signing ceremony.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Is anyone surprised?

Trump governed largely by EO, and the most efficient way to deal with those orders is to reverse them through EOs.

Comment

As this clearly shows it is his keepers who are in charge. Folks like his new Press Secretary, Jen Psaki

Did Biden pick her or was it his keepers?
            Context is missing.

If she starts lying like Trump's press secretaries, or refusing to hold pressers like Trump's press secretaries, then we will have something concrete on which to base a criticism. Otherwise, she has made a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

Trump governed largely by EO, and the most efficient way to deal with those orders is to reverse them through EOs.
              Until he was sued because his EO reversing obama EO's apparently wasn't legal...

Comment

Lol, not surprising.

Doesn't know what he's signing, and he's signing them like they're candy being given to a child:
                EsVmujfXYAItqFd.png
                Last edited by Gondwanaland; 01-25-2021, 08:21 AM.

Comment

FIFY

This isn't something that is coming out of the blue

Are you talking about the same man who when he tried to quote the Declaration Of Independence after winning the South Carolina primary[1], saying "We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the... [awkward pause]... you know, you know, the thing."

Or who confused his wife for his sister after Super Tuesday (which he had kept calling Super Thursday) -- and his excuse that they switched sides behind him was not borne out.

Or when he declared that he is an "O'Biden-Bama Democrat" and told people if they don't like him then "vote for the other Biden"[2]

Or all of the times he told supporters to vote for him for Senate while out campaigning for president.

Or when Biden Appears to Forget Name of Great Recession and Gets Mistaken Over $800 Billion Stimulus Package He Oversaw

Or when his wife Jill had to deliver his speech for him with old Joe just standing their by her side with a sad frown on his face.

Or when he apparently forgot what he was doing during a televised speech and just wandered away.

Or the times he kept forgetting Obama's name -- once while even talking about cognitive decline, saying things like "By the way, are you gonna stick with President on the following, President... [awkward pause], the last guy, on this issue?" and during a Town Hall in August, "Because they invaded another country and annexed a significant portion of it called Crimea. He's saying that it was President... [awkward long pause] ...my boss. It was his fault."

You don’t just "forget” the name of the president you served as Vice President under for eight years a mere 4 years ago. Considering how much of Biden’s campaign centered on his being the VP in the Obama Administration, it isn't like he isn't constantly bringing up his name -- when he can remember it.

Likewise, he forgot Mitt Romney's name, someone who, considering that he along with Obama ran against him in the 2012 presidential race, you'd think he would remember. "You may remember, I got in trouble when we were running against the senator who was a Mormon, the governor, OK?"

And look at how he kept forgetting Trump's name like during an interview where he accidentally calling him George at one point "because of who I’m running against…George, ah, George" apparently confusing him with George W. Bush (who he once said was "the last president")[3]

Again it isn't like he isn't hearing Trump's name a zillion times a day[4]

When you couple this with Biden routinely forgetting where he is, what he's even saying, and slurring his speech[5] , it's not exactly going far out on a limb to say that there is something wrong with him. Especially when you listen to him talk just a few years ago. Sure, he's always had the reputation for being a human gaffe machine but this is very different.

And remember, old Joe was seen very little during the time when all of this was happening. Most of the time he was staying away from cameras, like the period from March until the last week in August of last year where old Joe was hiding in the basement making no in-person speeches or campaign appearances for nearly half of a year. Just imagine how long the above list would be if he hadn't been doing that!

1. at the same event where he made up the bizarre claim that he had been arrested and jailed in South Africa "on the streets of Soweto trying to get to see [Nelson Mandela] on Robbens Island"

2. perhaps he meant his deceased son Beau who old Joe told us on election day had been Senator

3. Take a look at his wife's face as she tries to nudge him and says "Trump" under her breath after he does it

4. this is an example of hyperbole for those liberals who have trouble grasping it.

5. and please don't insult everyone's intelligence by claiming his gobbledygook/gibberish slurring like "trunalimunumaprzure" is stuttering. We can tell the difference.

nor is it something that only conservatives realized.

That is the line that some Democrats and the MSM is pushing but does not correspond with reality.

For instance

Anyone familiar with Ted Rall knows that he is unabashedly on the far left. He was a big supporter of the Green Party candidate Jill Stein in 2016 and wanted Obama to resign because he was too conservative.

Rall has accused Democratic leadership of "conspiring to gaslight the American people by engineering the election of a man clearly suffering from dementia, former Vice President Joe Biden" and says

None of the media seem interested in the truth about Biden. Democratic media allies like CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times and The Washington Post are running interference for the Democratic establishment and Biden by failing to ask any questions about the candidate's mental fitness.

and accuses the MSM of having "abdicated its duty."

As for the Green Party 2016 presidential nominee, Jill Stein tweeted

Why does Joe Biden make so much stuff up? Why is he so incoherent? Will it hurt him in the election? Lots of people are talking about the undeniable decline in his speech & memory

I seriously doubt that the "Lots of people are talking about the undeniable decline" she was referring to were conservatives.

Anyhow, she also tweeted

You can't beat trump by trying to avoid the issue of #BidensCognitiveDecline

and
                  We deserve real choices, not a manufactured contest between #BidensCognitiveDecline & #TrumpsDangerousDemagoguery ... Media MUST stop hiding reality of Biden's cognitive challenges from voters.

(The Twitter hashtag #BidensCognitiveDecline is a very long list of video clips and angry sentiments about the Democratic establishments backing of Biden)

Recently on Morning Joe and in Newsweek, the founder of MSNBC, Tom Rogers, brought up concerns about Biden's cognitive decline and suggested that he can no longer communicate properly and over at the Washington Post one of their columnists, Alexandra Petri, wrote a sarcastic piece about how many on the left are pretending that Biden is fine entitled I just remembered Joe Biden is fine where she writes with tongue firmly planted in cheek:

...when he opens his mouth and starts to say things, you never exactly relax until he has put the microphone down, but, well that was all malarkey, and I guess I was a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Please dont show me any footage of Joe Biden saying or doing things. Or of me saying or doing things about Joe Biden, pointing out what I erroneously thought were major and obvious flaws in his candidacy. I forgot: They were not.

Even the reliably liberal Saturday Night Live mercilessly mocked Biden's increasing senility last month during their "Weekend Update" segment.

COLIN JOST: "Tara Reade -- the woman who has accused of Joe Biden of sexual assault -- is calling on him to drop out of the race. Replied Biden: Wait,l Im still in the race?"

And

COLIN JOST:"I dont know whether the allegations against Joe Biden are true, and Im not sure Joe Biden does either. Hed probably have an easier time remembering Tara Reade if her name was like, Waffle Fries Johnson."

So, as Pulitzer Prize winning left-leaning libertarian journalist Glenn Greenwald has observed, the Democratic establishment and MSM have largely circled the wagons around Biden with "those who now raise these concerns instantly come under a withering assault of insults and attacks from Democratic Party operatives along with their crucial media allies" there are still those on the left who are distressed with what the see and are willing to break ranks.

You're just seeing what so many warned you about but are choosing to hand wave it off rather than face the ugly truth.

Comment

Context is missing.

If she starts lying like Trump's press secretaries, or refusing to hold pressers like Trump's press secretaries, then we will have something concrete on which to base a criticism. Otherwise, she has made a great start.
                    Imagine if Trump's press secretary was wearing that hat. You'd be spinning on your eyebrows spitting wooden nickels hysterically screeching how it was PROOF™ of collusion.

Comment

Context is missing.

To follow up. The hat was part of a gift exchange between the two diplomatic missions. The Americans gave the Russians some potatoes, and the Russians gave the hat to Psaki, so she put it on for the photo, but did not keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                        Lol, not surprising.

Doesn't know what he's signing, and he's signing them like they're candy being given to a child:
                        EsVmujfXYAItqFd.png
                        Of course he knew the content of the set of each one of those EOs, but not necessarily the order in which he signed them.

Trump governed by EO, and yet the right wing gave him a pass on that.

Since they have nothing actual to complain about when it comes to Joe, they are going with the EOs for now.

I am sure this will soon be followed by complaints about the deficit/debt, although they had no problems with Trump's deficit/debt (now inherited by Biden).

Comment

To follow up. The hat was part of a gift exchange between the two diplomatic missions. The Americans gave the Russians some potatoes, and the Russians gave the hat to Psaki, so she put it on for the photo, but did not keep it.
                          It doesn't matter how she obtained it. Anyone with even a smidgen of common sense would know better than to pose for pictures wearing a hat like that with an old Soviet Union pin on it -- unless they saw absolutely nothing wrong with doing so.

Comment

Of course he knew the content of the set of each one of those EOs, but not necessarily the order in which he signed them.

Trump governed by EO, and yet the right wing gave him a pass on that.

Since they have nothing actual to complain about when it comes to Joe, they are going with the EOs for now.

I am sure this will soon be followed by complaints about the deficit/debt, although they had no problems with Trump's deficit/debt (now inherited by Biden).
                            I believe you got him confused with President As-long-as-I've-got-a-pen-and-I've-got-a-phone.

Trump signed a lot of EOs, but mostly for trivial things. Meanwhile, the Obamessiah made a deliberate point he was doing so to circumvent Congress -- even once admitting that one he signed wasn't constitutional.

And now we have old Joe signing them without even knowing what it is he's signing.

Comment

FIFY

This isn't something that is coming out of the blue

nor is it something that only conservatives realized.

You're just seeing what so many warned you about but are choosing to hand wave it off rather than face the ugly truth.
                              So you quote the libertarian, Rall, who disliked Obama for being too conservative, and who also dislikes Biden? OK, no surprise there.

When you are in the public eye, and everything you say is subject to scrutiny, then it is not surprising that you will fumble occasionally and your fumbles get attention.

The fact is that Biden has given interviews and multiple speeches and seems fine, although his speech impediment is often used as evidence of decline by the RW.

OTOH, Reagan's onset of Alzheimers was kept secret. And then we have Donald Covfefe Trump...

Comment