Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Called it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kccd sounds like she has really drank the Kool-aid and spews the talking points. I think we have our JimL replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

So you quote the libertarian, Rall, who disliked Obama for being too conservative, and who also dislikes Biden? OK, no surprise there.

When you are in the public eye, and everything you say is subject to scrutiny, then it is not surprising that you will fumble occasionally and your fumbles get attention.

The fact is that Biden has given interviews and multiple speeches and seems fine, although his speech impediment is often used as evidence of decline by the RW.

OTOH, Reagan's onset of Alzheimers was kept secret. And then we have Donald Covfefe Trump...
      Shouldn't Biden take a cognative decline test, just to put the talk to rest. I mean, that's what Trump ended up doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Is anyone surprised?

Or surprised that after 4 years of complaining that Trump was acting like a dictator and not working with congress, the first thing the Biden administration does is sign a stack of executive orders (more than any other president in history) bypassing congress to make new laws and destroy our economy?
        If he'd done that, your post would make sense.
        America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
          If he'd done that, your post would make sense.
          I guess it makes sense then. derp.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            It doesn't matter how she obtained it. Anyone with even a smidgen of common sense would know better than to pose for pictures wearing a hat like that with an old Soviet Union pin on it -- unless they saw absolutely nothing wrong with doing so.
            Somebody refresh my memory. Who was it whose family was interviewed by the press in their home, and had communist party posters hanging in their kitchen?
            When I Survey....

Comment

kccd sounds like she has really drank the Kool-aid and spews the talking points. I think we have our JimL replacement.
              You sure this is a replacement and not a name change?
              When I Survey....

Comment

It is not surprising that, in signing a set of EOs at once, he can not assign content to any one taken out of that pile. Approvals for each one were given well in advance of the signing ceremony.
                You're right, it's not surprising, but not for the reasons you state. A man who is mentally fit, which you would think was a basic qualification for president, would be able to look at any executive order he is being asked to sign and tell you exactly what it is. For him to say, "I don't know what I'm signing," and then sign it anyway suggests a man who is not mentally fit in the fact that either he does not recognize something that he should have helped create, or that he willingly signed something that he openly admits he doesn't recognize. There is no possible way you can spin this that makes Bumbling Biden appear as anything but mentally incompetent.
                Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-25-2021, 10:19 AM.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And now we have old Joe signing them without even knowing what it is he's signing.
                  Maybe ol' Nutsy Pelosi told him, "Joe, you have to sign it before you can find out what's in it."

Comment

So you quote the libertarian, Rall, who disliked Obama for being too conservative, and who also dislikes Biden? OK, no surprise there.
                    You mean the "libertarian" who wrote Wake Up, You're Liberal!: How We Can Take America Back from the Right?

The "libertarian" who endorsed Green Party candidate Jill Stein for president?

The "libertarian" who was a fanboi of Bernie Sanders?

The "libertarian" who wrote what he called a "manifesto" to "topple Trumpism": Ted Rall Manifesto: Why Libs and Lefties Must Unite To Topple Trumpism and Never Trump. Never Biden. The Progressive Case for Voting Third Party or Boycotting the Election (he opposed Biden because he wasn't liberal enough)?

The "libertarian" who is now urging Democrats, since they control the House, Senate and Presidency, to push through a "a lot of important legislation on the liberal agenda: a dramatic increase in the minimum wage, student loan forgiveness, an eviction ban, Medicare For All, expanded economic stimulus and addressing the climate crisis" but complaining they probably won't?

Go on, pull the other one.

Are you now going to pretend that Jill Stein and the others aren't liberal as well? smiley snicker.gif

When you are in the public eye, and everything you say is subject to scrutiny, then it is not surprising that you will fumble occasionally and your fumbles get attention.
                    As I noted, Biden has a long history of being a human gaffe machine, but this is different. He never had these sort of memory issues. He never slurred his speech like he does now. These are new and becoming increasingly worse in the last couple of years.

And if he hadn't been hiding in his basement for six months, doing no in-person speeches or campaign appearances, the list I provided would have been far longer. But even then, he wandered off camera forgetting he was delivering a speech. His wife had to give one for him while he sat there beside her with a sad angry look on his face.

The fact is that Biden has given interviews and multiple speeches and seems fine, although his speech impediment is often used as evidence of decline by the RW.
                    Again, you can pretend that just conservatives have noticed and commented on his rapidly declining cognitive abilities but that is just not the case.

And there are medications that allow for a person to come out of the fog for a short while, but it doesn't last and those medications start losing their effectiveness.

There is a reason that Biden angrily rejected taking a cognitive test after Trump boasted of passing one.

There is a reason that his keepers wouldn't allow for any drug testing before the debates with Trump even though old Joe had just said that he'd take any test anyone wanted.

There is a reason that right after Biden delivers a speech his keepers quickly rush him off stage so he doesn't have to answer questions.

OTOH, Reagan's onset of Alzheimers was kept secret.
                    Perhaps because it wasn't diagnosed until five years after he left office. And that his mental capabilities were lessening were hardly a secret in the last two years of his term but he was still considerably sharper than what Biden is now.

And then we have Donald Covfefe Trump...
                    If you can find one screw up in four years...

And again, the list of Biden's mumblings and memory loss during the campaign are extensive and would be a lot longer if he hadn't remained hidden from public view from March until the last week in August of last year.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The rest are waiting until they get their talking points before trying to summarily dismiss it but like little jimmy she is jumping in with both feet first without hesitation.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

You sure this is a replacement and not a name change?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It doesn't matter how she obtained it. Anyone with even a smidgen of common sense would know better than to pose for pictures wearing a hat like that with an old Soviet Union pin on it -- unless they saw absolutely nothing wrong with doing so.
                          Considering this was back before Russia invaded Crimea, what exactly do you think was wrong with being polite? It's not like she kept the hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Considering this was back before Russia invaded Crimea, what exactly do you think was wrong with being polite? It's not like she kept the hat.
                            Normally you thank someone and hand off the gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Stop trying to spin it. This is irrefutable proof of Russian collusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I forgot to add sex change to that.
                                When I Survey....

Comment