Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Impeachment #2: The Unity Impeachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I answered that. It was a smarmy question.
    It was a serious question. Is all voter fraud of concern to you?

Of those links, there is a lot of speculation and little in the way of statistics. But thanks for linking to your argument.
    As there is with your clip with Rand Paul. What does he know that nobody else does?

She's had plenty. Her Twitter and Facebook accounts are still active.
    She has not been POTUS.

I agree. You are comparing apples and oranges and there is no resolution to that.

Given that you introduced the phrase "my client" in a hypothetical court case, I disagree.

However, the assault on the Capitol was not the only ugly example of neo-fascist behaviour.

Attempting to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer, an attempt to kidnap and murder Biden and Harris, death threats to government officials, armed groups outside Jocelyn Benson's home.

"It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      It was a serious question. Is all voter fraud of concern to you?
      Obviously. But the fact you would even ask that question makes me wonder about your concerns.

As there is with your clip with Rand Paul. What does he know that nobody else does?
      Him being in the US Senate and a confidant of Trump and his aides, I suspect he knows a lot more than you do about it.

She has not been POTUS.
      So? She hasn't been censored by the mainstream media or Big Tech either.

Given that you introduced the phrase "my client" in a hypothetical court case, I disagree.

However, the assault on the Capitol was not the only ugly example of neo-fascist behaviour.

Attempting to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer, an attempt to kidnap and murder Biden and Harris, death threats to government officials, armed groups outside Jocelyn Benson's home.
      And none of that is relevant to any connection between the Jan 6 riot and Trump.

Comment

Obviously. But the fact you would even ask that question makes me wonder about your concerns.
        If one is concerned about voter fraud and rigged/fraudulent elections one cannot assume one that it only occurs among voters of one Party only.

Him being in the US Senate and a confidant of Trump and his aides, I suspect he knows a lot more than you do about it.
        Which leaves the question why did Guiliani not present him as a witness? He had some rather eccentric characters testifying.

So? She hasn't been censored by the mainstream media or Big Tech either.
        Perhaps because she did not provoke insurrections.

It seems several of those arrested at the Capitol sincerely believed they were acting on the [then] President's instructions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...33d_story.html
        https://www.newsweek.com/protesters-...olence-1562134
        https://www.huffpost.com/entry/capit...COSEIF5zU3lwAu
        https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/n...mp-pardon.html

"It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Because it's putting the verdict before the trial.
          And violated nearly every procedural rule that Congress has put in place regarding one and begs the question why impeach someone leaving office? The whole point of doing so is to remove them from office but they still want the Senate to hold the trial after he's already gone

And just for giggles...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If one is concerned about voter fraud and rigged/fraudulent elections one cannot assume one that it only occurs among voters of one Party only.

Which leaves the question why did Guiliani not present him as a witness? He had some rather eccentric characters testifying.

Perhaps because she did not provoke insurrections.

It seems several of those arrested at the Capitol sincerely believed they were acting on the [then] President's instructions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...33d_story.html
            https://www.newsweek.com/protesters-...olence-1562134
            https://www.huffpost.com/entry/capit...COSEIF5zU3lwAu
            https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/n...mp-pardon.html

And Charles Manson thought that the Beatles song Helter Skelter was the signal to commit mass murder

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              And Charles Manson thought that the Beatles song Helter Skelter was the signal to commit mass murder
              I am not sure if I should be amused or shocked that you decided to draw a comparison between the rioters who believed they were following Trump's instructions, and Charles Manson.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I am not sure if I should be amused or shocked that you decided to draw a comparison between the rioters who believed they were following Trump's instructions, and Charles Manson.
                How about comparing Trump to The Beatles then. Are they equally guilty of incitement just because numbskulls and crazies can't understand them?

Comment

I'm not at all surprised that the point sailed miles over your head.

And I'm not surprised that after those idiots are finding themselves in legal trouble that some have been advised by their lawyers to cry it isn't their fault.

Comment

How about comparing Trump to The Beatles then. Are they equally guilty of incitement just because numbskulls and crazies can't understand them?
                    I have always considered them rather over-rated.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I have always considered them rather over-rated.
                      Popular (pop) bands, by definition, can't be overrated or underrated.

Comment

I'm not at all surprised that the point sailed miles over your head.
                        What point? You compared the rioters at the Capitol with members of the Manson cult and its leader.

And I'm not surprised that after those idiots are finding themselves in legal trouble that some have been advised by their lawyers to cry it isn't their fault.
                        How do you know what went on in their heads?

Popular (pop) bands, by definition, can't be overrated or underrated.
                        Of course "pop" bands can be hyped or given unmerited and undue credit.

"It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Of course "pop" bands can be hyped or given unmerited and undue credit.
                          The Beatles were immensely popular because they were immensely popular. It's not like critiquing a jazz or a classical artist because those genres aren't gauged by popularity. You may disagree regarding The Beatles' talent but you can't claim "overrated" when rating is their entire category.

Comment

The Beatles were immensely popular because they were immensely popular. It's not like critiquing a jazz or a classical artist because those genres aren't gauged by popularity. You may disagree regarding The Beatles' talent but you can't claim "overrated" when rating is their entire category.
                            Popularity is not necessarily an indication of talent or ability. Their music, in my opinion, was over-rated. Hence my first reply.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) got 45 Republicans to side with him and vote on Tuesday that the second impeachment trial against former President Trump is unconstitutional. The motion was voted down 55-45, meaning the trial will proceed. But, as Sen. Paul notes, 45 senators will be more than enough to acquit Trump, meaning that this trial is "dead on arrival."

Notably, Sen. Mitch McConnell, who publicly criticized Trump for "provoking" the mob that went to the Capitol, voted in favor of Sen. Paul's point of order.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...-rand-n2583744
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) got 45 Republicans to side with him and vote on Tuesday that the second impeachment trial against former President Trump is unconstitutional. The motion was voted down 55-45, meaning the trial will proceed. But, as Sen. Paul notes, 45 senators will be more than enough to acquit Trump, meaning that this trial is "dead on arrival."

Notably, Sen. Mitch McConnell, who publicly criticized Trump for "provoking" the mob that went to the Capitol, voted in favor of Sen. Paul's point of order.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...-rand-n2583744
                                His speech was outstanding...

Comment