Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can unity happen if the left doesn't come to terms with its behavior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thormas View Post

I'm not looking at all but some things are painfully obvious :+}
    "not looking at all".

Therein lies the trouble.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

"not looking at all".

Therein lies the trouble.
      Humor.................good one.

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

Humor.................good one.
        In the interest of civility.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I suppose those looking hard enough for such will find them.
          My mom, sister, and several congressmen believe QAnon. It doesn't take much digging at all.

Here's Trump last August literally being about QAnon. QAnon claimed that Trump was secretly dismantling a cabal of liberal elites trafficked kids and harvested a chemical from them called adrenochrome to stay younger. Trump easily could have dismantled that myth on several occasions. Instead, he relished in their adoration and windfall of votes.

Comment

I thought this thread wasn't about Trump.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

My mom, sister, and several congressmen believe QAnon. It doesn't take much digging at all.
              I don't know a single person IRL who buys that stuff, and I'm pretty well connected in our community.

Here's Trump last August literally being about QAnon. QAnon claimed that Trump was secretly dismantling a cabal of liberal elites trafficked kids and harvested a chemical from them called adrenochrome to stay younger. Trump easily could have dismantled that myth on several occasions. Instead, he relished in their adoration and windfall of votes.
              Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                I thought this thread wasn't about Trump.
                It's Not. But some people can't help but deflect

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It's Not. But some people can't help but deflect
                  If I started it, I apologize, but I don't tend to try to turn threads into OMB ones, so...

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Sorry for their loss

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      As well as a lot of shielding from the MSM (which is undeniably part and parcel with the left) which insisted on characterizing everything as "largely peaceful protests" even while literally standing in front of a building set ablaze in a city where over 1500 businesses were destroyed by rioting.
                      Exaggeration probably doesn't help.

The only thing I can find similar to "a city where over 1500 businesses were destroyed by rioting" was this article saying that there was property damage to more than 1500 locations in Minneapolis and St. Paul in the first few days after George Floyd was killed, where they "set fire to nearly 150 buildings, with dozens burned to the ground."

And I can't find where anyone claimed that those riots were "largely peaceful protests".

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Exaggeration probably doesn't help.

The only thing I can find similar to "a city where over 1500 businesses were destroyed by rioting" was this article saying that there was property damage to more than 1500 locations in Minneapolis and St. Paul in the first few days after George Floyd was killed, where they "set fire to nearly 150 buildings, with dozens burned to the ground."

And I can't find where anyone claimed that those riots were "largely peaceful protests"
                        One of the reporters for MSNBC, Ali Velshi, while standing in front of a building on fire was dutifully informing his audience that there were only "largely peaceful" and "not generally speaking, unruly" It received a lot of ridicule on social media.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          One of the reporters for MSNBC, Ali Velshi, while standing in front of a building on fire was dutifully informing his audience that there were only "largely peaceful" and "not generally speaking, unruly" It received a lot of ridicule on social media.
                          And rightly so --- he should have gotten the Baghdad Bob award!

bb.jpg

Comment

And rightly so --- he should have gotten the Baghdad Bob award!

bb.jpg
                            Maybe he was auditioning for the remake of The Naked Gun

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Don't enable his distraction post. This isn't about who is worse, It's about the fact that the left engaged in bad behavior, and whether unity can happen if they don't actually reflect and engage with it. His post is an example of trying to avoid that reflection and engagement.
                              That is Starlights MO when he doesn't want to admit that the person he is discussing the topic what is right and he is wrong.

Comment

For the record, you realize Starlight is not a US Citizen, and just a political tourist? I think he has no desire to reflect on anything he says or thinks, because he not only has contempt for Republicans, but also for Christians and anybody who's not a lefty.
                                and as a non citizen who has never lived in America he cannot ever say he knows more then those of us how have lived here a long time or all our lives if he wants us to believe he is hte as the open minded intellectual he pretends to be

So, is this thread, in actuality, a callout thread for Starlight?[/QUOTE]

probably call out thread to all leftists on this board hwo refuse to be introspective about what the left here in America has done to cause the division here in America

Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-22-2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment