Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Patriot Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The question is, will everybody who voted for President Trump in November follow him into a new party? Because that's a significant number of people, and I know a lot of conservatives have been very disenchanted with the Republican party.
    Um, after Trump just easily cost himself a second term? No. Many of his more mild supporters are annoyed by Trump's self-sabotage and won't follow him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I still think we basically vote to keep "the other guy" out of office, not necessarily to put our own in - so even if there were multiple parties, it may end up being the typical "my enemy's enemy is my friend".
      It's because our favorite candidates don't usually rise to the top. I didn't want to see Trump or Hillary in 2016 so I voted for Rand Paul (primaries) and Gary Johnson in the general election. But in 2020, I did vote for Trump, not against Biden.

I'd still like to see Paul, Josh Hawley or Tulsi Gabbard rise up in 2024. I could vote for any of them without holding my nose.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Um, after Trump just easily cost himself a second term? No. Many of his more mild supporters are annoyed by Trump's self-sabotage and won't follow him again.
        He'd be too old anyway. These ancient candidates that keep cropping up are reason for concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

It's because our favorite candidates don't usually rise to the top. I didn't want to see Trump or Hillary in 2016 so I voted for Rand Paul (primaries) and Gary Johnson in the general election. But in 2020, I did vote for Trump, not against Biden.

I'd still like to see Paul, Josh Hawley or Tulsi Gabbard rise up in 2024. I could vote for any of them without holding my nose.
          Did Trump's continual self-hobbling bug you?

Comment

"self-hobbling"?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I accepted the fact he is a dysfunctional person. Anyone born with a silver spoon isn't going to operate like most people, and Trump lived life getting his way all the time. He "hobbled" himself because his personality got in the way.

I still think his policies (more libertarian than republican) are exactly what this country needs.

Comment

If Republicans thought a new party would split their vote, they might vote in Congress to convict Trump at his impeachment trial and follow that with a permanet ban on holding a public office.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  If Republicans thought a new party would split their vote, they might vote in Congress to convict Trump at his impeachment trial and follow that with a permanet ban on holding a public office.
                  Vote to convict and bar a person from office for purely political motives...I can see how you would suggest that.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    Just out of curiosity, are there any other foreign nations in whose politics you like to dabble?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, I mean Trump taking a ball peen hammer to his knees on a daily basis.

Comment

I accepted the fact he is a dysfunctional person. Anyone born with a silver spoon isn't going to operate like most people, and Trump lived life getting his way all the time. He "hobbled" himself because his personality got in the way.

I still think his policies (more libertarian than republican) are exactly what this country needs.
                        All he had to do was pass policies like a normal president. If I was a supporter, I'd be livid at him for committing the biggest bungle in political history and justifying his worst critics.

Comment

Yes, I mean Trump taking a ball peen hammer to his knees on a daily basis.
                          Come on, man, go big --- chain saw!!!

Comment

Rand Paul was my pick early on, but he seemed to disappear before his campaign could even get started. Besides, I think Hillary would have destroyed him during the general. Actually, I'm not sure any of the 2016 candidates besides Trump could have beat Hillary, and the only reason Trump lost to China Joe is because of the significant "irregularities" that happened during the vote counting process.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Rand Paul was my pick early on, but he seemed to disappear before his campaign could even get started. Besides, I think Hillary would have destroyed him during the general.
                              Unfortunately for Paul he doesn't have the stature. He's short, doesn't speak very loudly, and isn't aggressive enough in a debate. And although optics shouldn't play much of a part in this, it does. Hillary is loud and dominating, so yeah, Paul likely would have been crushed.

Actually, I'm not sure any of the 2016 candidates besides Trump could have beat Hillary, and the only reason Trump lost to China Joe is because of the significant "irregularities" that happened during the vote counting process.
                              Probably. Those irregularities defy both logic and statistical feasibility.

Comment

Rand Paul was my pick early on, but he seemed to disappear before his campaign could even get started. Besides, I think Hillary would have destroyed him during the general. Actually, I'm not sure any of the 2016 candidates besides Trump could have beat Hillary, and the only reason Trump lost to China Joe is because of the significant "irregularities" that happened during the vote counting process.
                                I would vote for Dan Chrenshaw if he ran. We need a pirate potus

Comment