Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Issues EO Requiring Masks On Federal Land; He And Family Promptly Violate It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden Issues EO Requiring Masks On Federal Land; He And Family Promptly Violate It

'Restrictions for thee, not for me'

Today Biden issued an executive order that requires federal workers, as well as anyone visiting federal facilities or who comes onto federal land, wear a mask.

Here's Biden, on federal land, this evening, without a mask:
    https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...89314981785608

Here's Biden's daughter and some grandkids, on federal land, without masks (other than apparently the grandson) as they take pictures:
    EsOf4DuUYAI_WeX?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Today Biden issued an executive order that requires federal workers, as well as anyone visiting federal facilities or who comes onto federal land, wear a mask.

Here's Biden, on federal land, this evening, without a mask:
    https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...89314981785608

Here's Biden's daughter and some grandkids, on federal land, without masks (other than apparently the grandson) as they take pictures:
    EsOf4DuUYAI_WeX?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
    Yup, that's the size of it. The party of absolute phony. If you look at the inauguration, they were wearing masks, but a lot of their masks were even on properly, none of them were social distancing, they were all shaking hands, hugging, conversing right next to each other. It's all a farce.

Comment

Not even Democrats believe that masks can protect us from the China flu (for once they're actually on the side of science), but of course, "flattening the curve" was never the point. It's all about oppression and control.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

In all fairness, China Biden thought his mask was on.

Comment

I doubt that the restrictions were in place for anyone, that quickly.

An executive order is not quite like a law, which can take effect instantly. It's an instruction to the people running the government to do something, like make a new rule, and then enforce it. (If you don't believe me, read it yourself.) The process takes time.

But I would agree that it's not good optics if his own grandkids aren't behaving responsibly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
            I doubt that the restrictions were in place for anyone, that quickly.

An executive order is not quite like a law, which can take effect instantly. It's an instruction to the people running the government to do something, like make a new rule, and then enforce it. (If you don't believe me, read it yourself.) The process takes time.

But I would agree that it's not good optics if his own grandkids aren't behaving responsibly.
            Honestly though, do you think that matters? Not trying to be pedantic, but if you have made the rule, should at the bare minimum you and your family follow it even it the rule hasn't become official just yet?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
              Honestly though, do you think that matters? Not trying to be pedantic, but if you have made the rule, should at the bare minimum you and your family follow it even it the rule hasn't become official just yet?
              Sure. But I have to wonder how much control Biden has over his grandkids.

And we don't know exactly what the rules will be like, yet. There may be exceptions for brief periods for people getting their pictures taken in front of monuments.

Comment

Sure. But I have to wonder how much control Biden has over his grandkids.

And we don't know exactly what the rules will be like, yet. There may be exceptions for brief periods for people getting their pictures taken in front of monuments.
                If you watch the longer video in the link, you will see Biden at the Lincoln Memorial not wearing a mask. Everyone else is, but not him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

If you watch the longer video in the link, you will see Biden at the Lincoln Memorial not wearing a mask. Everyone else is, but not him.
                  You mean the one where it says, "He wore his mask immediately prior to this and put it back on as soon as he finished his TV hit"?

Comment

You mean the one where it says, "He wore his mask immediately prior to this and put it back on as soon as he finished his TV hit"?
                    I'd rather rely on my eyesight than on the honesty of an anonymous Twitter poster. Regardless, even assuming it is true, he took his mask off on federal property for a photo op.

Comment

I'd rather rely on my eyesight than on the honesty of an anonymous Twitter poster. Regardless, even assuming it is true, he took his mask off on federal property for a photo op.
                      And the rules, when they are finally written, should allow people to take off their masks briefly for photographs.

Comment

And the rules, when they are finally written, should allow people to take off their masks briefly for photographs.
                        Ah, yes, because we know the camera flash briefly magically neutralizes virus particles in the air.

Comment

"People" meaning Biden and his family and friends?

Comment

"People" meaning Biden and his family and friends?
                            They're people too, you know.

Comment

Ah, yes, because we know the camera flash briefly magically neutralizes virus particles in the air.
                              No, because masks are all about decreasing the risk of transmission, rather than eliminating it entirely, and removing them briefly isn't going to make a huge difference.

Comment