Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Handsy Joe cancels Keystone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Is everyone forgetting how in 2008 Biden told everyone that paying higher taxes is patriotic? Obviously he's just trying to get everyone to be more patriotic!
    Biden calls paying higher taxes a patriotic act

Sept. 18, 2008, 7:26 AM CDT / Source: The Associated Press
    Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden said Thursday that paying more in taxes is the patriotic thing to do for wealthier Americans. The Republican campaign for president calls the tax increases their Democratic opponents propose "painful" instead of patriotic.

Under the economic plan proposed by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, people earning more than $250,000 a year would pay more in taxes while those earning less — the vast majority of American taxpayers — would receive a tax cut.

"We want to take money and put it back in the pocket of middle-class people," Biden said in an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Noting that wealthier Americans would indeed pay more, Biden said: "It's time to be patriotic ... time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

image_46405.jpg
      Thousands of high paying permanent jobs lost and a blow to Canada-U.S. relations all with the stroke of a pen

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The natural gas compression company for whom I worked had a lot of contractors who were "blue collar Democrats" who are absolutely stunned that Biden would do such a thing, because they voted for him.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We better get use that for Democrats the economy is less important than other goals: climate change, equality, etc. Not that this is necessarily wrong - I've done enough times the thing that isn't the most economically sensible but other reasons make it the correct choice for me.

Its going to be like the Obama administration. I lost track of how many times he said he was going to pivot to focus on the economy. His pivot seemed to be broken because it wasn't too long until he was focused on something else instead. The Democratic party just never seemed to internalize the saying "It's the economy, stupid" when they work on their policies.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            The natural gas compression company for whom I worked had a lot of contractors who were "blue collar Democrats" who are absolutely stunned that Biden would do such a thing, because they voted for him.
            Like many in Pennsylvania who are stunned that Biden appears to be targeting fracking after he assured them he wouldn't.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Like many in Pennsylvania who are stunned that Biden appears to be targeting fracking after he assured them he wouldn't.
              Hopefully, two years isn't long enough for these people to forget how they were stabbed in the back.

Comment

Did they simply not pay attention during the campaign? Because both Joe and Harris stated openly that they planned to destroy the oil and gas industries in the United States. I mean, they didn't even try to wrap it up in pretty rhetoric, just straight up said, essentially, "This is what we plan to do."
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Did they simply not pay attention during the campaign? Because both Joe and Harris stated openly that they planned to destroy the oil and gas industries in the United States. I mean, they didn't even try to wrap it up in pretty rhetoric, just straight up said, essentially, "This is what we plan to do."
                  They were blinded by their hatred of Trump. It's that simple. Nobody could be worse for the country than TRUMP!!!! It is amazing how this hatred for one man can cause a person to lose total rational thought and reason.

Comment

They were blinded by their hatred of Trump. It's that simple. Nobody could be worse for the country than TRUMP!!!! It is amazing how this hatred for one man can cause a person to lose total rational thought and reason.
                    B-but, but TRUMP!!1!!smiley fist shake.gif

Don't you see, we have to destroy the country in order to save it from him

Comment

B-but, but TRUMP!!1!!smiley fist shake.gif
                      Hatred for Trump even "Trumps" one's beliefs regarding abortion, same sex marriage, religious liberty, free speech.....

MOST of the people I deal with during the week are democrats / liberals --- often, at breakfast, I'll just start the conversation "What do you think about abortion ....." and go through the list.
                      The VAST MAJORITY are with me on the issues a Christian would consider important..... but then....

what you said!

Comment

In other words, they became everything they falsely accused Trump's supporters of being.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

In other words, they became everything they falsely accused Trump's supporters of being.
                          I have often heard it said "you become what you hate" -- which is often cited in cases where there is an abusive father who is abusive because he hated his abusive father..... the "cycle of violence".

Comment

Hatred for Trump even "Trumps" one's beliefs regarding abortion, same sex marriage, religious liberty, free speech.....

MOST of the people I deal with during the week are democrats / liberals --- often, at breakfast, I'll just start the conversation "What do you think about abortion ....." and go through the list.
                            The VAST MAJORITY are with me on the issues a Christian would consider important..... but then....

what you said!
                            Like there was any doubt that TDS blinded folks and caused them to become unhinged

Comment

I have often heard it said "you become what you hate" -- which is often cited in cases where there is an abusive father who is abusive because he hated his abusive father..... the "cycle of violence".
                              I think it's more "You become what you fixate on." Hating something is not a problem in and of itself. Even Christians are fond of the saying, "Hate the sin, love the sinner." It's when you start to dwell on the thing you hate and let it become your focus to the exclusion of all else that it becomes destructive.

Comment

Like there was any doubt that TDS blinded folks and caused them to become unhinged
                                I was just reading Matthew 12 where the Pharisees brought the blind and mute man to Jesus - possessed of a demon - and Jesus healed him.
                                Reminds me of what the 'prince of the power of the air' does to people, and what Paul says about being blinded so they can't see the Glorious Light of the Gospel....

Comment