Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Handsy Joe cancels Keystone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

My apologies. I will attempt to refrain from such contempt in the future.
    I know it's hard, but I honestly believe what I've been saying --- that Biden is an empty suit being used by the left as a place holder for Kamala, and he's not even "there" enough to realize it's happening.

The poor old fool thinks it's really a case that he's 'in charge'. I honestly do feel sorry for him.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Trudeau and Biden are both liars!
      Either liars, or shockingly incompetent. And Joe has been at it for nearly five decades.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Either liars, or shockingly incompetent. And Joe has been at it for nearly five decades.
        How very slandertous!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

How very slandertous!
          Just call me Slandert.

Comment

I really don't get this name calling thing. Yeah, I've called him Sleep Joe, but he's POTUS now, and as much as we don't like it, he WILL be for at least a few more months.

We risk being accused of Biden Derangement Syndrome.

God is still on His throne, and it is HE to whom we look for the future.
            I'm sorry but I don't have any respect for Biden, POTUS or not. He's a do-nothing career politician that has allowed himself to be used by shrewder, corrupt powerbrokers to the detriment of this country. His slogan should be "America Last" while he kowtows to China and globalists and billionaire elitists and throws US tax dollars down a rathole.

The US has a long history rough-and-tumble politics, and Democrats have honed that to an art in the past four years. Now they want everyone to hold hands and sing Soviet anthems together. Nah.

Comment

The oil sands, or, better yet, the Athabaska oil sands, are mislabeled "tar sands" by people who want to defame them.
              Yet they are commonly enough called tar sands that one doesn't have to be a moron to get it wrong.

This thread is not about them, except that I commented on Joe's likewise misuse of the term.
              But discussion of the pipeline necessarily includes discussion of what flows through it.

I see nobody wants to address the loss of thousands of livelihoods on both sides of the border.
              The loss of jobs is one factor to consider.

And I guess the US is content to continue to purchase their oil from the Midfle East and South America instead.
              That's another factor, which includes impacts on security, the economy, and the environment.

A shame. I hope those folk can find other work. Not likely in this climate of covid and enviro-fear.
              I hope they can find work, too. But unlike under Trump, jobs and profit are not the only considerations.

Comment

And now Joe has put a 60-day freeze on oil and gas leases and permits on Federal lands. It's a reenactment of the disastrous Obama policy when he tried to encourage the sales of electric vehicles by deliberately making gasoline prohibitively expensive.

Comment

And now Joe has put a 60-day freeze on oil and gas leases and permits on Federal lands. It's a reenactment of the disastrous Obama policy when he tried to encourage the sales of electric vehicles by deliberately making gasoline prohibitively expensive.
                  It's more a rollback of the disastrous Trump policy of making the environment lowest priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

It's more a rollback of the disastrous Trump policy of making the environment lowest priority.
                    It wasn't the lowest priority. But how was Trump's policy disastrous?

Comment

I really don't get this name calling thing. Yeah, I've called him Sleep Joe, but he's POTUS now, and as much as we don't like it, he WILL be for at least a few more months.

We risk being accused of Biden Derangement Syndrome.

God is still on His throne, and it is HE to whom we look for the future.
                      I think, considering his history as a racist and corrupt career politician, on up to his China scandal with Hunter,, BDS is justified, regardless what he does or doesn't do as POTUS. IOW, he's already earned the scorn with his wayward and corrupt history in government. Whereas with Trump is was just his personality folks didn't like and it just snowballed for four years from there.

Comment

I just went and filled up my truck with gas - you know where those prices are going.

Comment

Do you have a source for that?

According to WP, it's an invalid claim since Obama has to serve two masters like all presidents. Do you agree that the environment and the economy are concurrently important? Economic success and the environment are both concerns for NORMAL presidents, so failing on both reflects poorly on Obama. The nuanced reality of the petroleum economy is explained here:

The claim that won’t die: Did Obama want higher gas prices?

Last edited by whag; 01-21-2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I just went and filled up my truck with gas - you know where those prices are going.
                            Yes, Cornpop is out to bankrupt you with higher gas prices, thereby stopping you from buying things. His aim is to tank the economy so he can slide into a 2nd term.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Yes, Cornpop is out to bankrupt you with higher gas prices, thereby stopping you from buying things. His aim is to tank the economy so he can slide into a 2nd term.
                              Yeah, sure --- I'm a Scotsman - I HAVE to try to keep abreast of prices and be frugal where I can.

Comment

Yeah, sure --- I'm a Scotsman - I HAVE to try to keep abreast of prices and be frugal where I can.
                                I have no doubt you're on the hunt for bargain kilts. =) But the point I was really trying to make is that Cornpop isn't prioritizing economic collapse. He needs to get a 2nd term, and raising gas prices isn't a great way to do that.

And also, he doesn't have a "HURT COWPOKE" button: Can the President Control Gas Prices?

While gas prices might be a controversial topic for politicians, it's an easy one for economists. Virtually all economists agree that the U.S. president has very little control over the global price of crude oil, and therefore the local price of gasoline. If we can't rely on our leaders to help lower our fuel costs, we should rely on ourselves. The hard truth is that it's within our power to decrease the amount we spend on gas simply by driving less. I say it's a hard truth, because like most of you I depend on my car for all sorts of "important" things and resist the idea of cutting back. If I could afford a brand-new hybrid, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. In the meantime, the best thing I can do to lower gas prices is to lower the demand, one "staycation" at a time.

Comment