Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Handsy Joe cancels Keystone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

    Did they simply not pay attention during the campaign? Because both Joe and Harris stated openly that they planned to destroy the oil and gas industries in the United States. I mean, they didn't even try to wrap it up in pretty rhetoric, just straight up said, essentially, "This is what we plan to do."
    More likely they got their news from the various MSM sources outthere who spent the entire election "factchecking" and assuring everyone that it simply wasnt true and that Biden was not going to end fracking, etc.
    "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
    - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

      Did they simply not pay attention during the campaign? Because both Joe and Harris stated openly that they planned to destroy the oil and gas industries in the United States. I mean, they didn't even try to wrap it up in pretty rhetoric, just straight up said, essentially, "This is what we plan to do."
      I call this the "Mein Kampf" principal. Hitler put into the book exactly what he was going to do and no one believed it until he really did it.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

      "Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

        I think it's more "You become what you fixate on." Hating something is not a problem in and of itself. Even Christians are fond of the saying, "Hate the sin, love the sinner." It's when you start to dwell on the thing you hate and let it become your focus to the exclusion of all else that it becomes destructive.
        I'll buy that.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

          I'll buy that.
          Incidentally, that also applies to things you might like or enjoy.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

            Incidentally, that also applies to things you might like or enjoy.
            Which, of course, is why the Bible instructs us to think on whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

              Incidentally, that also applies to things you might like or enjoy.
              So I can actually become bacon?

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                So I can actually become bacon?
                Rouge in a blanket - fry him like bacon!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Governor of Washington Jay Inslee is claiming that China Joe destroying the job market is a good thing because it prevents kids from getting stuck in dead end jobs that won't be around in the future.

                  https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...ist-in-future/
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God


                  From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Governor of Washington Jay Inslee is claiming that China Joe destroying the job market is a good thing because it prevents kids from getting stuck in dead end jobs that won't be around in the future.

                    https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...ist-in-future/
                    wow.... perhaps HIS job needs to go away.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Governor of Washington Jay Inslee is claiming that China Joe destroying the job market is a good thing because it prevents kids from getting stuck in dead end jobs that won't be around in the future.

                      https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...ist-in-future/
                      Many of them are well paying jobs and even the lower end ones can pull communities out of poverty. More than one small town of mostly Native American inhabitants, which suffers from high levels of unemployment even in good economic times, could have greatly benefited.

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • John Kerry when recently asked what he wants to say to all those in the oil industry who will soon be unemployed thanks to China Joe's policies said that they can get new jobs making solar panels. Crenshaw lit him up on Twitter:

                        crenshaw.JPG
                        https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/st...olar-panels%2F
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God


                        From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                        Comment



                        • I'm always still in trouble again

                          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            John Kerry when recently asked what he wants to say to all those in the oil industry who will soon be unemployed thanks to China Joe's policies said that they can get new jobs making solar panels. Crenshaw lit him up on Twitter:

                            crenshaw.JPG
                            https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/st...olar-panels%2F
                            Problems: that requires a lot of retraining. Also I don't know if making solar panel will absorb all the people losing the jobs in the oil industry. I have my doubts.

                            I'll bet the solar panel manufacturing doesn't take place down the road from oil fields. That means a lot of relocating and devastated economy in the areas left behind. Since a lot of solar panel manufacturing takes place overseas, that makes the relocate even harder.

                            Just another example of a government elitist who switches jobs with ease and thinks everyone can do that.
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

                            "Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

                              Problems: that requires a lot of retraining. Also I don't know if making solar panel will absorb all the people losing the jobs in the oil industry. I have my doubts.

                              I'll bet the solar panel manufacturing doesn't take place down the road from oil fields. That means a lot of relocating and devastated economy in the areas left behind. Since a lot of solar panel manufacturing takes place overseas, that makes the relocate even harder.

                              Just another example of a government elitist who switches jobs with ease and thinks everyone can do that.
                              What does a guy who either inherited or married a mega-rich widow know or care about that?

                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                What does a guy who either inherited or married a mega-rich widow know or care about that?
                                The he should NEVER try to use Hunt's Ketchup on his burger?

                                (I had typed 'weenie', but thought better of it )
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by KingsGambit, Yesterday, 08:34 PM
                                0 responses
                                24 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post KingsGambit  
                                Started by seer, Yesterday, 01:55 PM
                                24 responses
                                197 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Cow Poke  
                                Started by Cow Poke, 06-30-2022, 05:32 PM
                                17 responses
                                92 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Cow Poke  
                                Started by Cow Poke, 06-30-2022, 05:16 PM
                                52 responses
                                254 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Cow Poke  
                                Started by seer, 06-30-2022, 02:36 PM
                                10 responses
                                70 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post seer
                                by seer
                                 
                                Working...
                                X