Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is this the first sign of "The Great Falling Away"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post

I never once said that!
    You have protested that "not all of Trump folks rioted in DC."

Likewise not all BLM protesters or protests were violent or led to vandalism. However, I cannot recall you acknowledging that in any of your remarks about the latter.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

People died at the Jan 6 protest.

Some of the social justice demonstrations destroyed property, and people died at some of those rallies, but the ones who died were protestors killed by right wing counterprotestors like Kyle Rittenhouse and the driver at Charlottesville.

The attack on Jan 6 was an insurrection against the seat of government of the USA with the intent to disrupt and even reverse the results of an election.
      Multiple people were killed by leftists in CHAZ, by CHAZ people. Including at least one teen. Leftists burning Minneapolis burned down a building with someone inside - he died burning alive. An antifa stalked and murdered a Trump supporter at a proteston the west coast. Leftists shot and killed a retired policeman trying to stop the looting of a friends store Oklahoma iirc). BLM shot and killed a little girl in georgia whose crime was her parents made a wrong turn and had to u-turn at a makeshift BLM barricade.

so spare us your baloney.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        Not all the protesters at BLM demonstrations or all BLM demonstrations were violent.
        But certainly a significant number of them are, correct? Considering how they have ben able to take over entire city blocks for weeks, destroy hundreds of building, including businesses, cause millions of dollars in property damage, we're not talking about a small group of people.
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-22-2021, 11:44 AM.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

As someone who grew up working class, that's a load of horse dung. A job that lasts 2 years and pays well can be the difference between keeping your mortgagegoing and kids fed, and losing your house to foreclosure and not feeding your family. Doesnt benefit my ***
          Wow, I missed that insanity from kccd. Certainly working a job that only lasts for two-years is infinitely more beneficial than not working for two-years. It's just common sense, which sadly is not so common these days. This is another one of those instances where kccd reveals himself to be so disconnected from reality that I don't see how it's possible to have any sort of reasoned debate with him.

Comment

MC-Portland-web20210122012349.jpg
            Is this the first sign of "The Great Falling Away"?

Comment

Likewise not all BLM protesters or protests were violent or led to vandalism. However, I cannot recall you acknowledging that in any of your remarks about the latter.
              Well I have actually interacted, in person, with BLM members. As a matter of fact here is a newspaper picture of me shaking the hand of one of the BLM members during a rally/counter protest, after a long discussion, so do I know that they are not all violent.

index.jpg

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                But certainly a significant number of them are, correct? Considering how they have ben able to take over entire city blocks for weeks, destroy hundreds of building, including businesses, cause millions of dollars in property damage, we're not talking about a small group of people.
                How significant a number? It would appear that I did not follow the events as conscientiously as you seem to have done.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Well I have actually interacted, in person, with BLM members. As a matter of fact here is a newspaper picture of me shaking the hand of one of the BLM members during a rally/counter protest, after a long discussion, so do I know that they are not all violent.

index.jpg
                  You must be the guy on the left!

Seriously, that not all are/were violent has been demonstrated by you.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

It would appear that I did not follow the events as conscientiously as you seem to have done.
                    So it would appear.
                    Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-23-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

And you protested similar of BLM folks.

Likewise not all BLM protesters or protests were violent or led to vandalism.
                      Who has said that they were?

There certainly are and were, peaceful protestors, protesting police brutality/killings. In fact, if the movement didn't decide to only care about one race, and wasn't founded by those pushing communist ideals, I'd be right there at the protests joining them (indeed, I've protested a lot of police brutality/killings back before BLM took over the scene, and have criticized police/police forces quite regularly on this forum, both in some cases that BLM adopted, and in many cases that they didn't adopt because the victims were not black).

Here's the issue, aside from the racism inherent in the movement and the communist foundings.

There is a significant minority of BLM that espouses and practices violence, vandalism, looting, and burning. But that's not the worst part - a significant portion of the rest (as well as others on the left) try actively to diminish the seriousness of those actions, try to actively justify them, try to handwave away any objections to that. TBH, those are just as bad as that significant minority that actually acts out said violence, vandalism, looting, and burning.
                      Last edited by Gondwanaland; 01-23-2021, 11:47 AM.

Comment

And you protested similar of BLM folks.

Who has said that they were?

There certainly are and were, peaceful protestors, protesting police brutality/killings. In fact, if the movement didn't decide to only care about one race, and wasn't founded by those pushing communist ideals, I'd be right there at the protests joining them (indeed, I've protested a lot of police brutality/killings back before BLM took over the scene, and have criticized police/police forces quite regularly on this forum, both in some cases that BLM adopted, and in many cases that they didn't adopt because the victims were not black).

Here's the issue, aside from the racism inherent in the movement and the communist foundings.

There is a significant minority of BLM that espouses and practices violence, vandalism, looting, and burning. But that's not the worst part - a significant portion of the rest (as well as others on the left) try actively to diminish the seriousness of those actions, try to actively justify them, try to handwave away any objections to that. TBH, those are just as bad as that significant minority that actually acts out said violence, vandalism, looting, and burning.
                        Don't bother. She outed herself above when she admitted that she hasn't followed this matter very closely and therefore can only build her arguments on a foundation of ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Don't bother. She outed herself above when she admitted that she hasn't followed this matter very closely and therefore can only build her arguments on a foundation of ignorance.
                          Re-read what I wrote.

I wrote I "did not follow the events as conscientiously as you seem to have done." That does not automatically imply I have not followed the matter "very closely".
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Re-read what I wrote.

I wrote I "did not follow the events as conscientiously as you seem to have done." That does not automatically imply I have not followed the matter "very closely".
                            You seem to be almost entirely unaware of the tremendous amount of violence and destruction committed over many months by the "mostly peaceful protestors" representing Antifa, Black Lives Matter, and other Democrat approved groups, so how else to explain it other than you didn't follow the events very closely? Or perhaps you did follow the events closely and are fully aware of what I'm referring to but are playing your usual game of selective willful ignorance because you seem to have gotten it into your head that this is good debate tactic.

Comment

You must be the guy on the left!

Seriously, that not all are/were violent has been demonstrated by you.
                              Yes, I'm the buff black guy!
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

As someone who grew up working class, that's a load of horse dung. A job that lasts 2 years and pays well can be the difference between keeping your mortgagegoing and kids fed, and losing your house to foreclosure and not feeding your family. Doesnt benefit my ***
                                Well, I grew up working class too, surrounded by oil refineries.

My point is that a 2 year job for a few thousand people is a drop in the bucket when we are considering national needs. And when we balance those jobs against the environmental damage done by the pipeline and by refining and using that shale oil.

The best policy is to favor sectors and businesses that provide long term, well-paying jobs for many, many tens of thousands of people, and that is what is happening in the alternative energy sector, which has the added benefit of being more environmentally friendly. The growth there in jobs and salaries way outstrips the fossil fuel industries.
                                Last edited by kccd; 01-23-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment