Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Re-education camps next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Well, you do have the magical ability to be unable to read for comprehension when everyone else does....That pretty much does the habitual job you say you don't do.
    The fact is that some people tend to write as they speak, which I would contend is generally acceptable in a real life one to one situation where tone and body language can be noted and interpreted.

However, in a medium such as this, all we have are the words other people write and some people are not overly adept at expressing their thoughts clearly and concisely.

I therefore sometimes ask an individual to explain what they intended. If the person is willing to restate their comments in clear and concise prose I am then more than happy to reply to them
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      There was nothing in the raw story article to indicate anything approaching your hysterical concerns.

I suspect the sub text of that sentence has more to do with the fact that I do not agree with a number of posters [most of whom identify as male] and I challenge their assumptions and opinions.
      No, it is due to the fact that when you shown to be wrong about something, your grasp of the English language magically disappears and you become ignorant of what was said.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

No, it is due to the fact that when you shown to be wrong about something, your grasp of the English language magically disappears and you become ignorant of what was said.
        And would you care to provide some evidence in support of that remark? Or is that beyond you?
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

And would you care to provide some evidence in support of that remark? Or is that beyond you?
          Read up a few posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Read up a few posts.
            The onus lies with the one who made the comment.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Given that you've played the game so many times that I had to put in place a rule for myself to ignore your asks for clarifications until you actually make a good faith effort at reading comprehension shows how often you do it. It's cut down on the game playing alot, as so far, you've opted not to actually give the good-faith attempt, but the conversation ends at that point.

Comment

The onus lies with the one who made the comment.
                No actually, I have no onus to prove anything to you. I just stated my opinion and I know others agree with me about your tactics. "prove it" is another deflection tactic of yours.

But because I am feeling generous, here are links to a couple of other times you have tried to play ignorant.

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...64#post1217264
                https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...43#post1224643

Comment

Well I get my basic facts right and do not habitually make an online idiot of myself in an attempt to pose, if that is what you mean!
                  point-and-laugh.gif

No my dear faker, I'm just willing to admit a mistake. Maybe you should try it some time. It doesn't hurt, I promise. Just put your big girl pants on and not hide behind walls of denial and pathetic word games.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It is stating a fact.

And as I understand it he clarified his position.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...ndicting-trump

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...ere-criminal-1

And yet Mueller didn't recommend prosecution for obstruction, which if Trump had actually done he would have.

No he just tried to save face and placate the left by throwing them a non-existent bone that he couldn't exonerate Trump on obstruction charges -- something he could not do in the first place.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Speaking of re-education, I was following some links and found this speech by Stalin in 1952. Change just a few labels around and this is the current Democratic Party speaking from the grave.

https://www.revolutionarydemocracy.o...9partycong.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

And when she smears someone she feigns innocence pretending that everyone must have a dirty mind because, heavens to betsy, little old her would never have meant something like that.

It would be no different than if I were to ask her if in her relationships does she take the man's role or the woman's, and then act shocked that anyone could possibly think I meant anything other than is she the more aggressive and dominant partner. In such an instance I wouldn't be fooling anyone and neither did she.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

point-and-laugh.gif

No my dear faker, I'm just willing to admit a mistake. Maybe you should try it some time. It doesn't hurt, I promise. Just put your big girl pants on and not hide behind walls of denial and pathetic word games.
                          I recommend all take the same tact I have. If she asks for "clarification", "what do you mean by..", "Define..." etc. on something you wrote, refuse to engage until she puts forth a good faith effort at reading comprehension. So far she's refused any requests when they've been made, and it puts an end to her petty games. This is most likely because she DOES understand, and a good faith effort at reading comprehension would demonstrate it, thus preventing her from derailing the conversation from the point made into meaningless semantics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

No actually, I have no onus to prove anything to you. I just stated my opinion and I know others agree with me about your tactics. "prove it" is another deflection tactic of yours.

But because I am feeling generous, here are links to a couple of other times you have tried to play ignorant.

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...64#post1217264
                            https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...43#post1224643
                            What a feeble response.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

No my dear faker, I'm just willing to admit a mistake.
                              Well just to list a few:
                              • You have never acknowledged your error that a one page thumbnail on Masada that appears in a book by Robert DiPrizio is not written by diPrizio but by Richard M Edwards who is not an expert on Roman military history. Nor have you recognised that your contention the article sufficiently "covers the Roman Jewish wars" is both crass and ridiculous.
                              • You have never conceded that Christian polemical works written hundreds years after purported events cannot be accepted as reliable historical sources given that they lack any extraneous corroboration for their narrative details.
                              • You have never acknowledged your mistake wherein you alleged that "Jason Paul Wickham (who while not a historian himself )" is in point of fact both a Classicist and an accredited historian.
                              • You have never accepted your error wherein you stated that Jesus was a "subject of the Roman Empire".
                              • You have never admitted your error regarding your allegation that if Spartacus was in the Roman army he was a citizen.

Would you care to do so now?

"It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

What a feeble response.
                                Did you forget how to read English again? Or are you in denial?

Comment