Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Re-education camps next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    And I just want to point out, they are not merely talking about 'deprogramming' the QAnon nuts who think the government is run by evil satanic cannibalistic pedophiles, they are talking about all Trump supporters (75 million they claim, but I am sure their are a lot more than that!)

We are all just a basket of deplorables.
    Same game they ALWAYS play.

They lie that people like the QAnon folk are violent extremists, to justify whatever draconian nonsense they want against them.
    Then they will lie that you are essentially one of the QAnon folk, to justify whatever they want against you.

One of the reasons it works because, when they lie about their victims and what they have done or said, people take it for granted.

The only way out of this is for people to refuse to believe whatever bad things they're told about their neighbors. And, ESPECIALLY to hold it AGAINST the people who lie to them.

But, legally and culturally, there are no penalties for the most horrible of slanders. You want to start changing things, start by holding the people you know accountable for telling you the truth, and explicitly holding it against them if they blame innocent people for something they didn't do.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogwarrior View Post

Same game they ALWAYS play.

They lie that people like the QAnon folk are violent extremists, to justify whatever draconian nonsense they want against them.
      Then they will lie that you are essentially one of the QAnon folk, to justify whatever they want against you.

One of the reasons it works because, when they lie about their victims and what they have done or said, people take it for granted.

The only way out of this is for people to refuse to believe whatever bad things they're told about their neighbors. And, ESPECIALLY to hold it AGAINST the people who lie to them.

But, legally and culturally, there are no penalties for the most horrible of slanders. You want to start changing things, start by holding the people you know accountable for telling you the truth, and explicitly holding it against them if they blame innocent people for something they didn't do.
      Whose "they"? This rant can just as easily be turned back on itself. The absurd things you people claim about anyone that isn't your positions is just as much the problem as the reverse. Years of screaming about the evil communist leftists and their evil lies, their evil ways of living their evil this and that, and everything bad under the sun. When someone on the left does something you don't like, all leftests have done it, etc. And not hyperbole, you actually appear to believe that they are all evil. Maybe check your own behaviour before taring everyone that isn't in your in group, with the same brush.

Meanwhile, unless you believe that lizard men have taken over the world, you really need to reach some of the Qnon people, since many live in what can only be considered delusional land. Not, value differences but actually just not in anything close to factual reality.
      Last edited by Zara; 01-20-2021, 11:54 PM.

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about, and nothing you're saying is relevant to what I said.

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about, and nothing you're saying is relevant to what I said.
          The right lies about people on the left, just as much as your claim of the reverse. Should they hold it against them? Trump lying about the election result, should we hold that against him? Clearly, we should.

Comment

The right lies about people on the left, just as much as your claim of the reverse.
            No, most definitely not. Not only that, but the whole "politics of personal destruction" that the lying is meant to fake-justify, is almost entirely a Left phenomenon. Your "it's all the same, there's no difference" is never real.
            Also, Biden lost, apart from the legendary amounts of fraud, but that's a completely separate issue.

Comment

No, most definitely not. Not only that, but the whole "politics of personal destruction" that the lying is meant to fake-justify, is almost entirely a Left phenomenon. Your "it's all the same, there's no difference" is never real.
              Also, Biden lost, apart from the legendary amounts of fraud, but that's a completely separate issue.
              It isn't a separate issue, it is very much a contradiction with your other claim. Biden won the election, every court, state and federal institution has attested to that. Institutions provide a framework for a shared reality. I guess they've been taken over by aliens?

Comment

Institutions provide a framework for a shared reality.
                No.... no they really don't.

Comment

No.... no they really don't.
                  Why is that? Have they been taken over by lizard men or "evil satanic cannibalistic pedophiles"? Since you say they don't facilitate a shared reality, are you subject to the rule of law of the US federal government?
                  Last edited by Zara; 01-21-2021, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Not the guest bath, no.
                    You have guests?
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I think you mean "most of whom ARE male".
                      They identify as male I cannot claim to know more. I am sure they are male but I can only respond to the information they provide.

And not all of them are. Some of us ARE female.
                      Hence the qualifier - "most of whom"

Just because you live your life in a continuous identity crisis doesn't mean the rest of us do.
                      What a bizarre non sequitur.

"It ain't necessarily so
                      The things that you're liable
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life
                      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Umm....nope.
                        Have you added ESP to your list of skills?

"It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          She does seem to project a lot between snarky innuendos which she quickly retreats from while feigning innocence
                          Well I get my basic facts right and do not habitually make an online idiot of myself in an attempt to pose, if that is what you mean!
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Well I get my basic facts right and do not habitually make an online idiot of myself in an attempt to pose, if that is what you mean!
                            Well, you do have the magical ability to be unable to read for comprehension when everyone else does....That pretty much does the habitual job you say you don't do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                              Have you added ESP to your list of skills?
                              ESP? No. Just the observation that you rarely challenge and more play semantic word games. It's like Clinton's defense during the monica lewinsky scandal. "It depends on what your definition of 'is' is." Or trying to avoid what was going on by trying to twist "sexual relations" so that what was going on under the oval office desk didn't TECHNICALLY Count.

Comment

As already noted, Mueller, as any special investigator or prosecutor, had no power to "exonerate" so his statement that he couldn't fully exonerate Trump for obstruction are empty.
                                It is stating a fact.

The only thing he could do was recommend that he be indicted or not.
                                And as I understand it he clarified his position.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...ndicting-trump

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...ere-criminal-1

"It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment