Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Re-education camps next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

"I am unique, just like everybody else"
    But I'm uniquerer!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The Democrats just can't seem to help themselves in proving how totalitarian they really are. It's like the evil guy in movies who just has to give his bad guy monologue and spill his plans.

Now apparently they want to "deprogram Trump supporters" - What the hell? Are they going to open re-education camps for Republicans now?

DNC Member Rants: ‘Deprogram’ 75 Million Trump Supporters

On Wednesday night, a member of the Democratic National Committee ranted that everyone who voted for President Trump should be “deprogrammed.”

David Atkins, who wrote in his campaign for the DNC, “I currently serve as the Region 10 Director for the California Democratic Party,” tweeted on Wednesday a message reminiscent of the repressive Communist states around the world: “No seriously…how *do* you deprogram 75 million people? Where do you start? Fox? Facebook? We have to start thinking in terms of post-WWII Germany or Japan. Or the failures of Reconstruction in the South.”

He went on to claim that conservatives did not engage in policy debates with the left, terming Trump supporters a “belligerent death cult”: “This is not your standard partisan policy disagreement. This is a conspiracy theory fueled belligerent death cult against reality & basic decency. The only actual policy debates of note are happening within the dem coalition between left and center left.”

more at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/dnc-m...ump-supporters

and he is not the only one. This is apparently the left's new talking point.

Katie Couric: “And the question is how are we going to really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump.”

--
      MSNBC: How Do We ‘Deprogram’ Millions of Racist, Violent Trump Supporters?
      https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...-violent-trump

--

Do they even hear themselves? When do they start the maniacal laughter?

Mr.-Burns.jpg

You know who else runs re-education camps to this day? In fact, I would expect the China troll farms on the internet that the MSM tells me exists to be the most enthusiastic about that idea. Isn't it ironic that the left and China just seem to be in lockstep in their ideas of late?

Comment

"I am unique, just like everybody else"
        All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

As I pointed out in a subsequent post, they are not talking about Q-Anon, they are talking about "75 million Trump supporters"
          Trying to equate one with the other is exactly how they are justifying this as well as the censorship. It would be no different than equating every Biden voter with antifa. And you can bet your bottom dollar H_A would be in here shrilly screeching about that if it were the case.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

This is how leftists define unity - we must all think like them.
            Political Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's like the liberal definition of "diversity" which means everybody looks different but thinks exactly the same.

It is amazing how much this has changed. Apple is now part of Big Brother

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Our souls are dead': how I survived a Chinese 're-education camp

A really good read. What shocks me is that it's from a news rag that is as leftist as they come. I guess China money didn't reach them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I suspect what is of concern is the number of irrational and deluded individuals within the Trump base and the hold that QAnon and other conspiracies have over so many of them.

If you are a Trump supporter perhaps you do not believe all that nonsense. However, there plenty of others out there who do.

The Skeptic published a very interesting article on QAnon https://www.skeptic.com/reading_room...very-dangerous

That article notes that:

QAnon believers hold that our modern world is secretly ruled by a “cabal” or “deep state” of cartoonishly wicked evildoers hidden in plain sight. “Every President after Reagan was one of these deep state criminals,” believers claim.1 Indeed, most “famous politicians, actors, singers, CEOs, and celebrities” are supposedly part of the cabal. For example, entertainers Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, Lady Gaga, and Tom Hanks are all thought to be prominent members. The Obamas and Clintons are supposedly sinister cabal leaders.

These criminals aren’t merely bad, greedy, or ruthless. They’re said to be deliberately, totally, breathtakingly evil. They worship Satan and may be in league with supernatural demons. They systematically abuse, torture, and murder children. They’re pedophiles. They maintain their youth through intoxicating injections of blood drained from children ritually murdered at the moment of maximum terror. The cabal also eats babies.

To maintain power, the cabal controls all mainstream news media and engineers every ill that plagues modern society. As one seductive introductory video2 asks curious viewers, "Have you ever wondered why we go to war? Or why you never seem to be able to get out of debt? Why there is poverty, division, and crime? What if I told you there was a reason for it all? What if I told you it was done on purpose?"

It continues:

According to QAnon mythology, an apocalyptic event called “The Storm” will soon cleanse the world and usher in a utopia. The unlikely savior in this story of revelation and renewal is none other than President Donald J. Trump. “Good patriots in the U.S. military” supposedly “asked Trump to run for President so they could take back control of America” from the Satanic overlords. This righteous struggle is the true purpose of the Trump administration. “The world is currently experiencing a dramatic covert war of Biblical proportions—literally the fight for Earth—between the forces of good and evil,” believers claim.1 Clues about the progress of this clandestine war are to be found in “Q drop” posts by the anonymous Q, and in Trump’s more cryptic statements and typos. Critical news stories about Trump are Satanic lies.

[...]The anonymous Q purports to be a highly placed U.S. intelligence officer sharing classified inside information. Q’s posts provide fragmented source material about “pedo networks,” “child abductions for satanic rituals” and the supposed battle against the “powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” However, the style of these posts is generally opaque, vague, and posed in the form of insinuating questions. Dubbed “bread crumbs,” they require creative, collaborative interpretation by the QAnon community, allowing enthusiasts to fill in the blanks for themselves.

The result is a viral, organic, crowd-sourced ideology that can stretch to accommodate a broad diversity of conspiratorial views. It is also flexible enough to allow believers to dismiss Q’s failed predictions and shifting claims. (For example, Q’s earliest posts in October of 2017 predicted the imminent arrest of Hillary Clinton, which did not occur.)

QAnon has emerged as a grand unified conspiracy theory. QAnon is broadly compatible with whatever conspiracy beliefs one happens to hold regarding vaccines, Covid-19, fake news, Jews, vampirism, a New World Order, the Vatican, deep state conspirators, “false flag” hoaxes, white nationalism, immigrants, or practically anything else. QAnon acts as a kind of glue that promotes and binds together seemingly unrelated conspiracy theories. When people approach social media with curiosity regarding one conspiracy claim (that vaccines cause autism, for example), those platforms’ recommendation algorithms often promote QAnon content that entices viewers into further conspiracy beliefs.

It is a long article but worth the read and makes the point that this QAnon conspiracy is simply the latest layer of irrational and superstitious nonsense that has a history going back to the persecution of, and accusations made against, the Jews in Christian countries centuries ago.

Hm, I don't recall Repuvlicans calling for the reprogramming of, say, the many Democrats who were deluded and irrational and held to 9/11 Truther conspiracy theories......

Comment

"I am unique..."
                    Well you are a pirate, so....

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

It is amazing how much this has changed. Apple is now part of Big Brother
                      Apple products remind me of something Linux creator Linus Torvalds once said: "If you design something so simple that even an idiot can use it, then only an idiot will use it." Or Maddox: "I don't know why Apple users are offended when I call them stupid. After all, they use computers that are explicitly marketed to people who can barely figure out how to turn a computer on."
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-20-2021, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Hm, I don't recall Repuvlicans calling for the reprogramming of, say, the many Democrats who were deluded and irrational and held to 9/11 Truther conspiracy theories......
                        Or the Russian Collusion Delusion, or the Ukraine Phone Call Hoax, or any number of other false accusations that were leveled at President Trump.

Comment

Quantify plenty. 75 million people voted for Trump, what percentage buy into this?
                          You tell me.

Define dangerous
                          If lies are repeated often enough they can become accepted as facts by large sections of a population.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          The things that you're liable
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life
                          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

And so what if they do believe that? Having a wrong belief is not a problem in and of itself
                            The beliefs outlined among QAnon devotees are not "wrong" they are insane.

If those people then go on to act on their beliefs in ways that are against the law then you prosecute them for their actions, not their thoughts
                            Controlling a mob, as has been recently witnessed, is not easy.

"It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

As I pointed out in a subsequent post, they are not talking about Q-Anon, they are talking about "75 million Trump supporters"
                              I responded to your OP.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I responded to your OP.
                                The 75 million were mentioned there too, if you bothered to read.

Comment