Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Re-education camps next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Re-education camps next?

The Democrats just can't seem to help themselves in proving how totalitarian they really are. It's like the evil guy in movies who just has to give his bad guy monologue and spill his plans.

Now apparently they want to "deprogram Trump supporters" - What the hell? Are they going to open re-education camps for Republicans now?

DNC Member Rants: ‘Deprogram’ 75 Million Trump Supporters

On Wednesday night, a member of the Democratic National Committee ranted that everyone who voted for President Trump should be “deprogrammed.”

David Atkins, who wrote in his campaign for the DNC, “I currently serve as the Region 10 Director for the California Democratic Party,” tweeted on Wednesday a message reminiscent of the repressive Communist states around the world: “No seriously…how *do* you deprogram 75 million people? Where do you start? Fox? Facebook? We have to start thinking in terms of post-WWII Germany or Japan. Or the failures of Reconstruction in the South.”

He went on to claim that conservatives did not engage in policy debates with the left, terming Trump supporters a “belligerent death cult”: “This is not your standard partisan policy disagreement. This is a conspiracy theory fueled belligerent death cult against reality & basic decency. The only actual policy debates of note are happening within the dem coalition between left and center left.”

more at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/dnc-m...ump-supporters

and he is not the only one. This is apparently the left's new talking point.

Katie Couric: “And the question is how are we going to really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump.”

--
    MSNBC: How Do We ‘Deprogram’ Millions of Racist, Violent Trump Supporters?
    https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...-violent-trump

--

Do they even hear themselves? When do they start the maniacal laughter?

Mr.-Burns.jpg

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Now apparently they want to "deprogram Trump supporters" - What the hell? Are they going to open re-education camps for Republicans now?
    This is how leftists define unity - we must all think like them.

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

kccd Thought nobody was talking about this.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
        kccd Thought nobody was talking about this.
        What did she say?

Comment

And I just want to point out, they are not merely talking about 'deprogramming' the QAnon nuts who think the government is run by evil satanic cannibalistic pedophiles, they are talking about all Trump supporters (75 million they claim, but I am sure their are a lot more than that!)

We are all just a basket of deplorables.

Comment

The Democrats just can't seem to help themselves in proving how totalitarian they really are. It's like the evil guy in movies who just has to give his bad guy monologue and spill his plans.

DNC Member Rants: ‘Deprogram’ 75 Million Trump Supporters

On Wednesday night, a member of the Democratic National Committee ranted that everyone who voted for President Trump should be “deprogrammed.”

David Atkins, who wrote in his campaign for the DNC, “I currently serve as the Region 10 Director for the California Democratic Party,” tweeted on Wednesday a message reminiscent of the repressive Communist states around the world: “No seriously…how *do* you deprogram 75 million people? Where do you start? Fox? Facebook? We have to start thinking in terms of post-WWII Germany or Japan. Or the failures of Reconstruction in the South.”

He went on to claim that conservatives did not engage in policy debates with the left, terming Trump supporters a “belligerent death cult”: “This is not your standard partisan policy disagreement. This is a conspiracy theory fueled belligerent death cult against reality & basic decency. The only actual policy debates of note are happening within the dem coalition between left and center left.”

more at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/dnc-m...ump-supporters

and he is not the only one. This is apparently the left's new talking point.

Katie Couric: “And the question is how are we going to really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump.”

--
            MSNBC: How Do We ‘Deprogram’ Millions of Racist, Violent Trump Supporters?
            https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...-violent-trump

--

Do they even hear themselves? When do they start the maniacal laughter?
            I suspect what is of concern is the number of irrational and deluded individuals within the Trump base and the hold that QAnon and other conspiracies have over so many of them.

If you are a Trump supporter perhaps you do not believe all that nonsense. However, there plenty of others out there who do.

The Skeptic published a very interesting article on QAnon https://www.skeptic.com/reading_room...very-dangerous

That article notes that:

QAnon believers hold that our modern world is secretly ruled by a “cabal” or “deep state” of cartoonishly wicked evildoers hidden in plain sight. “Every President after Reagan was one of these deep state criminals,” believers claim.1 Indeed, most “famous politicians, actors, singers, CEOs, and celebrities” are supposedly part of the cabal. For example, entertainers Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, Lady Gaga, and Tom Hanks are all thought to be prominent members. The Obamas and Clintons are supposedly sinister cabal leaders.

These criminals aren’t merely bad, greedy, or ruthless. They’re said to be deliberately, totally, breathtakingly evil. They worship Satan and may be in league with supernatural demons. They systematically abuse, torture, and murder children. They’re pedophiles. They maintain their youth through intoxicating injections of blood drained from children ritually murdered at the moment of maximum terror. The cabal also eats babies.

To maintain power, the cabal controls all mainstream news media and engineers every ill that plagues modern society. As one seductive introductory video2 asks curious viewers, "Have you ever wondered why we go to war? Or why you never seem to be able to get out of debt? Why there is poverty, division, and crime? What if I told you there was a reason for it all? What if I told you it was done on purpose?"

It continues:

According to QAnon mythology, an apocalyptic event called “The Storm” will soon cleanse the world and usher in a utopia. The unlikely savior in this story of revelation and renewal is none other than President Donald J. Trump. “Good patriots in the U.S. military” supposedly “asked Trump to run for President so they could take back control of America” from the Satanic overlords. This righteous struggle is the true purpose of the Trump administration. “The world is currently experiencing a dramatic covert war of Biblical proportions—literally the fight for Earth—between the forces of good and evil,” believers claim.1 Clues about the progress of this clandestine war are to be found in “Q drop” posts by the anonymous Q, and in Trump’s more cryptic statements and typos. Critical news stories about Trump are Satanic lies.

[...]The anonymous Q purports to be a highly placed U.S. intelligence officer sharing classified inside information. Q’s posts provide fragmented source material about “pedo networks,” “child abductions for satanic rituals” and the supposed battle against the “powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” However, the style of these posts is generally opaque, vague, and posed in the form of insinuating questions. Dubbed “bread crumbs,” they require creative, collaborative interpretation by the QAnon community, allowing enthusiasts to fill in the blanks for themselves.

The result is a viral, organic, crowd-sourced ideology that can stretch to accommodate a broad diversity of conspiratorial views. It is also flexible enough to allow believers to dismiss Q’s failed predictions and shifting claims. (For example, Q’s earliest posts in October of 2017 predicted the imminent arrest of Hillary Clinton, which did not occur.)

QAnon has emerged as a grand unified conspiracy theory. QAnon is broadly compatible with whatever conspiracy beliefs one happens to hold regarding vaccines, Covid-19, fake news, Jews, vampirism, a New World Order, the Vatican, deep state conspirators, “false flag” hoaxes, white nationalism, immigrants, or practically anything else. QAnon acts as a kind of glue that promotes and binds together seemingly unrelated conspiracy theories. When people approach social media with curiosity regarding one conspiracy claim (that vaccines cause autism, for example), those platforms’ recommendation algorithms often promote QAnon content that entices viewers into further conspiracy beliefs.

It is a long article but worth the read and makes the point that this QAnon conspiracy is simply the latest layer of irrational and superstitious nonsense that has a history going back to the persecution of, and accusations made against, the Jews in Christian countries centuries ago.

"It ain't necessarily so
            The things that you're liable
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life
            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

And I just want to point out, they are not merely talking about 'deprogramming' the QAnon nuts who think the government is run by evil satanic cannibalistic pedophiles, they are talking about all Trump supporters (75 million they claim, but I am sure their are a lot more than that!)

We are all just a basket of deplorables.
              Trump? Trump WHO?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

This is how leftists define unity - we must all think like them.
                It's like the liberal definition of "diversity" which means everybody looks different but thinks exactly the same.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's like the liberal definition of "diversity" which means everybody looks different but thinks exactly the same.
                  Well, that's what the quota system was trying to do -- make all companies look alike with the 'same' 'diversity', as they prescribe it.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                    I suspect what is of concern is the number of irrational and deluded individuals within the Trump base and the hold that QAnon and other conspiracies have over so many of them.

If you are a Trump supporter perhaps you do not believe all that nonsense. However, there plenty of others out there who do.
                    And so what if they do believe that? Having a wrong belief is not a problem in and of itself. If those people then go on to act on their beliefs in ways that are against the law then you prosecute them for their actions, not their thoughts. Declaring that such people should be "deprogrammed" by default is pure 1984-style oppression. And once you open that door, any number of beliefs could be prosecuted under "wrong think" laws. As we keep saying, Orwell's book was intended to be a warning and not a "how-to".

Comment

Quantify plenty. 75 million people voted for Trump, what percentage buy into this?

The Skeptic published a very interesting article on QAnon https://www.skeptic.com/reading_room...very-dangerous
                      Define dangerous - more dangerous than leftists who are burning cities - destroying businesses and lives?
                      Last edited by seer; 01-20-2021, 09:34 AM.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

As I've previously noted many of the left are practically salivating over the idea talking openly of gulags and making enemies lists
                        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Let's start with the malevolent dwarf Robert Reich[1], who was Clinton's Secretary of Labor and served on Obama's economic transition advisory board, who along with MSNBC host Chris Hayes has called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission." It's unclear if those after the public show trials will be offered a blindfold as they are led away to the guillotine

There were also the Bernie bros inside Sander's campaign waxing poetic over the beauty of gulags and the need for reeducating the people if the left were able to take control.

While literally talking about the need to reeducate conservatives in the same way Germany had to do with former Nazis after WWII, a Field Organizer for the Sanders Campaign, Kyle Jurek, made the following statements:

"Like we're probably going to have to do the same [f-bomb] thing here. That's kind of what all Bernie's whole [f-bomb] like "hey, free education!" for everybody, because we're going to have to teach you to not be a [f-bomb] Nazi."

"There's a reason Joseph Stalin had gulags, right? And actually, gulags were a lot better than what the CIA has told us that they were. Like, people were actually paid a living wage in gulags, they had conjugal visits in gulags. Gulags were actually meant for like re-education."

"Greatest way to break a [f-bomb] billionaire of their like, privilege and their idea that they're superior, go out and break rocks for 12 hours a day."

There are videos available of him making these statements and nobody would ever take his tone and expression as being anything less than deathly serious and certainly not joking. I'd link to them but as you can see from the excerpts that, like so many other self-proclaimed anarcho-communists, he can barely manage a single sentence without lacing it with f-bombs and other vulgarities.

And he wasn't the only paid staffer on the Sanders campaign staff who talked about "send[ing] all the Republicans to the reeducation camps" and gulags.

As for Jurek et al and their love for gulags, perhaps the idiots should read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's The Gulag Archipelago concerning the Nobel Prize winning author's own experiences being locked up in the forced work camps. A book that made it impossible for Marxists in the West, along with their sympathizers, to dismiss the Soviet concentration camp system as nothing more than a "Stalinist aberration"

See also Sanders camp mum on pro-gulag staffer, says Iowans 'don't care about political gossip'.

And shortly after the election David Atkins, a newly elected California member of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), declared recently that Democrats and liberals should "start thinking in terms of post-WWII Germany or Japan" in order to "deprogram 75 million people."

Over 54,000 "likes" in just the first day.

The ditzy darling of the left, AOC dreams of creating an "archive" of all the names of Trump supporters so they could be held accountable "for their behavior."

And Sunny Hostin, Senior Legal Correspondent and Analyst for ABC News and co-host of the View, which the New York Times called the "most important political talk show in America," supported AOC's idea of making an enemies list of "Trump sycophants" to be punished in their future endeavors. Hostin declared on the View that

People like Kirstjen Nielsen, people like Stephen Miller, people like Kellyanne Conway, people like Vice president Mike Pence who was woefully inadequate of his role as the head of the coronavirus task force and people like Ben Carson and Betsy Devos, I don't think those people should be able to profit from their experience within the Trump administration. I don't think they should be forgotten. I don’t think we should look the other way. I think we need to remember because if you don't remember things then past becomes prologue. I do think people need to be held accountable for their actions and I don't think it's reminiscent of McCarthyism at all.

Are you or have you ever been a Trump supporter?

I should add that Democrats are already taking up AOC’s recommendation and the list that a group run by former staffers for Obama (one of whom is apparently on Biden's transition team) and presidential candidate "Mayor Pete" Buttigieg aren't just targeting upper officials in the Administration but all staffers, appointees and even supporters and donors as well.

As an article in the Federalist noted

Tacked onto AOC’s inflammatory tweet was a now-deleted reply from a former Obama campaign staffer dealing in analytics, Michael Simon, advertising the "Trump Accountability Project."

"Yes we are," he wrote, replying to AOC’s request for a roundup of Trump "sycophants" and linking to the project’s website. "Every Administration staffer, campaign staffer, bundler, lawyer who represented them- everyone."

screencapture 2.jpg

This self-declared "Trump Accountability Project's" extensive enemies list of people they compiled and were already tracking was publicly available until they made it private (probably due in part to complaints about having something like 57 judges on the list).

Again from the Federalist article:

The list of names was initially published on the project’s website asking people to “remember what they did,” and is now privatized, but captured by internet archives. It shows an extensive Google Sheets document listing off people who the project deems necessary to curb from “profiting from their experience” working with the Trump Administration.

Tabs on the document separate those listed into categories such as "Campaign Staff," "Administration," "Appointees," "Donors," "Law Firms," "Endorsers," and "Denouncers." The "Administration" tab contained names of senior advisors in the White House all the way down to the "Chief Calligrapher."

For those of us who have seen screen saves and the like it is loaded with threatening language about holding people who ever "took a paycheck" from Trump accountable for doing so.

Washington Post columnist, Jennifer Rubin, who also talks of lists, explains what is meant for those who don't grasp it. She's calling for making sure that Trump supporters not be allowed to work or be accepted into "polite society." That Trump supporters should never be allowed to have an important job, platform or position of power ever again.

screencapture.jpg

Similar sentiments have been expressed by folks like former ESPN and MSNBC host Keith Olbermann (fired for making numerous undisclosed political contributions), who ranted on about how

We want the prisons so filled with Trumps, and Trump flunkies, and Trump apologists, and Trump enablers, that we have to convert Trump buildings into new [blasphemy] Trump prisons

Likewise CNN’s Chris "Fredo" Cuomo, who lied about quarantining himself after being diagnosed with the Chicom coronavirus and instead was seen wandering around without a mask) also issued threats against Trump "enablers" on his show. And when accused of targeting political opponents including those who voted for them he shot back "Yeah. You are being targeted."

For those of you on the far left who still don't understand, feminist author and columnist for Medium, Jessica Valenti explains what it in terms you'll likely understand:

If you give anyone in this administration a job, f-bomb you. If you put them on a panel, f-bomb you. If you in any way give them the benefit of the doubt or a platform to power, f-bomb you.

As for AOC herself, she's doubled down, scoffing at the concerns she has raised, sneering in response, "Lol at the 'party of personal responsibility' being upset at the idea of being responsible for their behavior over [the] last four years."

And she and her ilk are making sure they pay for what they've done whether it was being nominated to a federal court or merely being the calligrapher at the White House.

1 who claims to be one of the nation's leading economists despite not being one (he's a lawyer) and grouses about the disparity of pay between entry level workers and CEO's conveniently leaving out how when he taught one class for two hours per week a few years ago at the University of California at Berkeley he was being paid $242,613 which breaks down to an hourly wage of $2,500 and was 36% higher than the average pay of an American CEO at the time. A world class hypocrite. I'm sure you'd like him

Since I posted this the calls from the left for these sort of things only continue

Last week on MSNBC Joy Reid started her show, The Reidout by first comparing the Republican Party to the despotic Baath Party of Iran's Saddam Hussein and talking about a need for a "de-Baathification of the party" (which was the forcible removal the Ba'ath Party's influence and former members from the new Iraqi political system after the fall of Saddam).

And on the network's Morning Joe program hosted by Joe Scarborough and his wife Mika Brzezinski[1], Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson openly declared that " There are millions of Americans, almost all white, almost all Republicans, who somehow need to be deprogrammed." He then turned to another panelist, Nikole Hannah-Jones of the New York Times and responsible for The 1619 Project, and asked, "Do you have any idea how we start that process, much less complete it?"

During the second impeachment farce, again on MSNBC, Steve Schmidt, co-founder of the Lincoln Project, was scoffing at any calls for unity was demanding "accountability."

"...What we need in this country is accountability. The accountability for the poison of the belief and democracy, accountability for the violence done to the people of the United States, accountability for what the desecration of what Joe Biden, the President-Elect, called the citadel of democracy, accountability for the desecration of the floor of the House of Representatives and the floor of the United States Senate...[W]e have a long, difficult struggle in this country ahead with this."

Several minutes later he was still ranting, proclaiming that "We will do everything we can to make the burden so heavy that the Republicans that are left in there will drop these people because it's in their self-interest to do."

From the examples above we have a real good idea what is meant by "accountability."

And then there is former CBS News anchor Katie Couric on Bill Maher's HBO show Real Time with Bill Maher saying "And the question is, how are we going to, really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump."

This has been excused by saying she was talking about how people who believe the lie that the 2020 election was fraudulent need to be convinced they're wrong, but there was no such worries for the past 4 years about those who believed the lie that the 2016 election was fraudulent. In fact many of those who wring their hands today were some of the loudest most vocal proponents of that hoax. So pardon me if their concerns seem more than a little hypocritical and self-serving.

Finally, the Associate Press reported a week or so ago that Michael Beller, a lawyer for PBS resigned after his remarks over how it was "great" that coronavirus cases were spiking in red states because they might infect Trump voters as well as saying that the children of Republican voters need to be put in re-education camps (which he called at one point "enlightenment camps") to purge them of conservative views:

"Even if Biden wins, we go for all the Republican voters, and Homeland Security will take their children away. What do you think about that? … And we’ll put them [Trump supporters’ children] into re-education camps."

1. who has infamously said while complaining about Trump that "he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control what people think, and that is our job" For her it is the MSM's "job" to "control what people think."

And in the bizarre topsy-turvy world that folks like Charles lives informing people of this is creating an enemies list

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Define dangerous...
                          In their minds, it means "not liberal".

Comment

That article notes that:

QAnon believers hold that our modern world is secretly ruled by a “cabal” or “deep state” of cartoonishly wicked evildoers hidden in plain sight. “Every President after Reagan was one of these deep state criminals,” believers claim.1 Indeed, most “famous politicians, actors, singers, CEOs, and celebrities” are supposedly part of the cabal. For example, entertainers Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, Lady Gaga, and Tom Hanks are all thought to be prominent members. The Obamas and Clintons are supposedly sinister cabal leaders.

These criminals aren’t merely bad, greedy, or ruthless. They’re said to be deliberately, totally, breathtakingly evil. They worship Satan and may be in league with supernatural demons. They systematically abuse, torture, and murder children. They’re pedophiles. They maintain their youth through intoxicating injections of blood drained from children ritually murdered at the moment of maximum terror. The cabal also eats babies.

To maintain power, the cabal controls all mainstream news media and engineers every ill that plagues modern society. As one seductive introductory video2 asks curious viewers, "Have you ever wondered why we go to war? Or why you never seem to be able to get out of debt? Why there is poverty, division, and crime? What if I told you there was a reason for it all? What if I told you it was done on purpose?"

It continues:

According to QAnon mythology, an apocalyptic event called “The Storm” will soon cleanse the world and usher in a utopia. The unlikely savior in this story of revelation and renewal is none other than President Donald J. Trump. “Good patriots in the U.S. military” supposedly “asked Trump to run for President so they could take back control of America” from the Satanic overlords. This righteous struggle is the true purpose of the Trump administration. “The world is currently experiencing a dramatic covert war of Biblical proportions—literally the fight for Earth—between the forces of good and evil,” believers claim.1 Clues about the progress of this clandestine war are to be found in “Q drop” posts by the anonymous Q, and in Trump’s more cryptic statements and typos. Critical news stories about Trump are Satanic lies.

[...]The anonymous Q purports to be a highly placed U.S. intelligence officer sharing classified inside information. Q’s posts provide fragmented source material about “pedo networks,” “child abductions for satanic rituals” and the supposed battle against the “powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” However, the style of these posts is generally opaque, vague, and posed in the form of insinuating questions. Dubbed “bread crumbs,” they require creative, collaborative interpretation by the QAnon community, allowing enthusiasts to fill in the blanks for themselves.

The result is a viral, organic, crowd-sourced ideology that can stretch to accommodate a broad diversity of conspiratorial views. It is also flexible enough to allow believers to dismiss Q’s failed predictions and shifting claims. (For example, Q’s earliest posts in October of 2017 predicted the imminent arrest of Hillary Clinton, which did not occur.)

QAnon has emerged as a grand unified conspiracy theory. QAnon is broadly compatible with whatever conspiracy beliefs one happens to hold regarding vaccines, Covid-19, fake news, Jews, vampirism, a New World Order, the Vatican, deep state conspirators, “false flag” hoaxes, white nationalism, immigrants, or practically anything else. QAnon acts as a kind of glue that promotes and binds together seemingly unrelated conspiracy theories. When people approach social media with curiosity regarding one conspiracy claim (that vaccines cause autism, for example), those platforms’ recommendation algorithms often promote QAnon content that entices viewers into further conspiracy beliefs.

It is a long article but worth the read and makes the point that this QAnon conspiracy is simply the latest layer of irrational and superstitious nonsense that has a history going back to the persecution of, and accusations made against, the Jews in Christian countries centuries ago.

As I pointed out in a subsequent post, they are not talking about Q-Anon, they are talking about "75 million Trump supporters"

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

"I am unique, just like everybody else"

Comment