Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Krystal and Saagar: Americans Are More Afraid Of Each Other Than COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post

And I don’t even think mossrose is.
    She has said so repeatedly.

The point being the most evil evangelist one can imagine was tapped as Trump’s
    spiritual advisor, and conservatives can’t really dismiss that an obvious religious huckster represents typical evangelical thought.

The point being ramifications of that particular appointment can’t be swept under the rug while blaming the lefties for social degradation. IOW, evangelicals are being played, just as extreme lefties are being played.
    Wait... who, exactly, is "the most evil evangelist one can imagine"?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

If it isn't one thing, it's another. It's all about control.
      We need a special feature to enable sarcastic mode. Not sure if I would ever leave it though.

The Henny Penny Liberals just can't stop themselves. They might even call for vetting every person who drives through DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I’m not sure she has expressed the implications of that, just the objection.

Paula White, but I’m aware she’s up against some very stiff competition.

Comment

I’m not sure she has expressed the implications of that, just the objection.
          The implications are that Trump had a bad spiritual advisor. I don't know what else you want me to say.

The WoF movement is one of the fastest growing in the world. As of a few years ago (I haven't heard current numbers) there were a half a billion followers. Most of it is heresy, and there are a LOT of bad people in it. So I don't know why you are surprised that a lot of people in the US follow those leaders.

I don't know if you can name a "worst" one. All of them are bad. False teachers, false "prophets". If Trump had picked anybody from that camp, it would have been no better.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

We need a special feature to enable sarcastic mode. Not sure if I would ever leave it though.

The Henny Penny Liberals just can't stop themselves. They might even call for vetting every person who drives through DC.
            You mean like the sarcastic icon in the bar of stuff over every post? Like this?

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Misguided and wrong does not equate to "the most evil evangelist one can imagine". That's just silly.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

You mean like the sarcastic icon in the bar of stuff over every post? Like this?

Well, it as tiny phone for older eyes. Lets give it a whirl.

I get all my best stuff from a woman named Krystal Ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Well, it as tiny phone for older eyes. Lets give it a whirl.

I get all my best stuff from a woman named Krystal Ball.

Comment

Misguided and wrong does not equate to "the most evil evangelist one can imagine". That's just silly.
                    Point taken, but I submit "misguided and wrong" is a far cry from describing her. You could just as easily call Ravi Zacharias "misguided and wrong" for his views on evolution.

Comment

Point taken, but I submit "misguided and wrong" is a far cry from describing her. You could just as easily call Ravi Zacharias "misguided and wrong" for his views on evolution.
                      Which, obviously, doesn't make him "the most evil evangelist one can imagine" either. I think your prejudice against Christians in general might be showing.

Comment

Which, obviously, doesn't make him "the most evil evangelist one can imagine" either. I think your prejudice against Christians in general might be showing.
                        You missed my point. I never suggested Zacharias was ever the "most evil..." Rather, I was saying "misquided and wrong" don't even begin to describe the crimes of White. Unlike Zacharias, White's not just in theologically error but robs and deludes millions. There's HUGE difference between the two even though Zacharias was technically "misguided and wrong" on the subject of protology.

I think your partiality to anyone ascribed with the "evangelist" tag is showing! =P And your momma something something something.

Comment

You missed my point. I never suggested Zacharias was ever the "most evil..." Rather, I was saying "misquided and wrong" don't even begin to describe the crimes of White. Unlike Zacharias, White's not just in theologically error but robs and deludes millions. There's HUGE difference between the two even though Zacharias was technically "misguided and wrong" on the subject of protology.

I think your partiality to anyone ascribed with the "evangelist" tag is showing! =P And your momma something something something.
                          Laughing at the "momma something something...".

Um.... I just have a different concept of "the most evil ever" than you do --- I would be more inclined to point to somebody like Jim Jones or Joseph Smith.

Comment

Laughing at the "momma something something...".

Um.... I just have a different concept of "the most evil ever" than you do --- I would be more inclined to point to somebody like Jim Jones or Joseph Smith.
                            I'll admit I'm sometimes given to Trumpian superlatives. =)

Let's just say she's epically naughty.

Comment

I'll admit I'm sometimes given to Trumpian superlatives. =)

Let's just say she's epically naughty.
                              Fair enough.

Comment

White is bad but there are definitely worse.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment