Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Capitol riot, less Kristallnacht more Herschel Grynszpan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitol riot, less Kristallnacht more Herschel Grynszpan

Never let a crisis go to waste, I believe that is what we are seeing here.

The riot, a bad thing, happened. But suddenly we see people talking about "deprograming" trump supporters, we see action on the push for censorship that has been around for the last 4 years. We have security Theater going on around the inauguration.

The key thing, all of this stuff is being done under the cover of protecting us from evil trump supporters. They are dehumanized and called "cult members" and this event has been used to paint the entire group as evil.

The Governator described the riot as Kristallnacht, the night of broken glass. I believe the similarities are more in common with the assassination of Ernst Vom Rath by Herschel Grynszpan. This was the "Triggering event" for Kristallnacht, not in that it actually caused it, but it was the pretext used to start of the official government actions of "the Jewish Question".

In the same way we are starting to see the riot be used as the excuse to start excusing actions as liberals decide what to do about "the conservative question".

Dems are going to pass some radically insane "reform" polices in the next four years, and so they're using "Trump" as an excuse to dub conservatives existential threats because they know conservatives are going to be the primary opposition to this. What blows me away is how coordinated this all seems to be with MSM and social media platforms seemingly acting towards the same goals.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The riot, a bad thing, happened. But suddenly we see people talking about "deprograming" trump supporters, we see action on the push for censorship that has been around for the last 4 years. We have security Theater going on around the inauguration.

The key thing, all of this stuff is being done under the cover of protecting us from evil trump supporters. They are dehumanized and called "cult members" and this event has been used to paint the entire group as evil.

The Governator described the riot as Kristallnacht, the night of broken glass. I believe the similarities are more in common with the assassination of Ernst Vom Rath by Herschel Grynszpan. This was the "Triggering event" for Kristallnacht, not in that it actually caused it, but it was the pretext used to start of the official government actions of "the Jewish Question".

In the same way we are starting to see the riot be used as the excuse to start excusing actions as liberals decide what to do about "the conservative question".
      There is no doubt that Republican politicians have disgraced themselves en masse. But Republicans are not a Democratic problem, they are a Republican problem. In other words, “the conservative question” if there is such a thing, is a question about and for conservatives - who exactly are they and who are the people that vote for them. You can’t blame everything on Trump.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

There is no doubt that Republican politicians have disgraced themselves en masse. But Republicans are not a Democratic problem, they are a Republican problem. In other words, “the conservative question” if there is such a thing, is a question about and for conservatives - who exactly are they and who are the people that vote for them. You can’t blame everything on Trump.
        What liberals and garden variety leftists don't realize is when you demonize "Trump supporters", and you do, that's half the country. Half the country with lots of guns. If liberals feel they are uniting people with their divisive and hateful rhetoric, then they are thinking crazy. Your words are just digging more trenches for the battle.

Pretty sure the Republicans only problem are leftists
        So there is your answer.

Comment

I'm kinda disgusted at that steroid ridden actor. Leave Kristallnacht out of your mouth, Austrian dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

What liberals and garden variety leftists don't realize is when you demonize "Trump supporters", and you do, that's half the country. Half the country with lots of guns. If liberals feel they are uniting people with their divisive and hateful rhetoric, then they are thinking crazy. Your words are just digging more trenches for the battle.

Pretty sure the Republicans only problem are leftists
            So there is your answer.
            Recent events have shown the world who the enemies of democracy are. The Republicans will now fight among themselves, and patriotic Americans will fight for their democracy and against Republican lies. A refreshed and purged Republican Party will emerge in a couple of years time.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Recent events have shown the world who the enemies of democracy are. The Republicans will now fight among themselves, and patriotic Americans will fight for their democracy and against Republican lies. A refreshed and purged Republican Party will emerge in a couple of years time.
              Well good luck with that all the way from down unda.

A broken and busted social agenda is almost underway. Let's see how that works out for me first.

Should I expect monthly checks now or later? I want my Biden money.

Comment

The political Dems are making it a "Trump conservative" thing because it's easier to identify their enemy that way, but the general public is not dumb. They know what they saw in the last year when the left was rioting and burning down cities and the Dems were justifying that madness. BLM support polls plummeted as a result, and no amount of gaslighting by the MSM is going to change that fact. Let the Dems continue endorsing that intersectionality, social justice, critical race theory trash and they're going to have a whole lot more enemies to deal with than that 70 million across the country.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

The political Dems are making it a "Trump conservative" thing because it's easier to identify their enemy that way, but the general public is not dumb. They know what they saw in the last year when the left was rioting and burning down cities and the Dems were justifying that madness. BLM support polls plummeted as a result, and no amount of gaslighting by the MSM is going to change that fact. Let the Dems continue endorsing that intersectionality, social justice, critical race theory trash and they're going to have a whole lot more enemies to deal with than that 70 million across the country.
                  Claims the left make a category mistake then rants about how the right is not so dumb and makes exactly the same category mistake. No one I know thought the riots were in any way justified, largely assumed to be thugs using the protest to steal things they wanted. Weren't you the one that said that anyone not a believer of your version of Christ is an enemy of Christ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zara View Post

Claims the left make a category mistake then rants about how the right is not so dumb and makes exactly the same category mistake. No one I know thought the riots were in any way justified, largely assumed to be thugs using the protest to steal things they wanted. Weren't you the one that said that anyone not a believer of your version of Christ is an enemy of Christ?
                    No offense, but try and speak English and maybe I'll respond. I can't make heads or tails of what you're trying to say. Maybe that's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

I'm kinda disgusted at that steroid ridden actor. Leave Kristallnacht out of your mouth, Austrian dude.
                      Now, don't be too harsh. We know that excessive long-term steroid use can have serious lasting effects on the brain.

Comment

The fact is that the main threat to public safety comes from RW extremists, and this is the conclusion of our intel agencies. There is a long history of RW extremism that in recent decades includes McVeigh, Dylan Roof, the El Paso and Pittsburgh shootings, the FL bomber, etc.

The insurrection last week was caused by RWers carrying Trump signs and flags along with Confederate flags and weapons, bullhorns, maps of the Capitol interior, bear spray, zip ties. They trashed the place, stole things and 5 people died. Their common cause was the false belief that the election was fraudulent, and the cowardly Republicans in Congress are too afraid of this mob to stand up and speak the truth.

No one is talking about deprogramming Trump supporters, but it is past time to coddle liars and people who incite hatred and attacks on our democracy.

Republicans are calling for unity, but there can be no unity unless we have something shared to unite under. Like the truth. How about we start from there.

Comment

The killing of George Floyd was certainly an inflection point. BLM is now a solid part of the zeitgeist.

Comment

Dems are going to pass some radically insane "reform" polices in the next four years, and so they're using "Trump" as an excuse to dub conservatives existential threats because they know conservatives are going to be the primary opposition to this. What blows me away is how coordinated this all seems to be with MSM and social media platforms seemingly acting towards the same goals.
                            I think it's well beyond merely seeming to be coordinated. We're to the point that any reasonable person can accept it as a noncontroversial fact that it is coordinated.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

The fact is that the main threat to public safety comes from RW extremists...
                              Right, because 4+ years of violent protests by the left never happened.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment