Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Franklin Graham likens Republicans voting to impeach to Christ's betrayal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin Graham likens Republicans voting to impeach to Christ's betrayal

Source: Franklin Graham Compares 10 Republicans Who Voted to Impeach Trump to Betrayal of Christ[/url

Evangelist Franklin Graham compared 10 members of the GOP to Judas Iscariot on Thursday after they voted to approve President Donald Trump's second impeachment.

Graham, the head of the non-profit organization Samaritan's Purse, has been a longtime supporter of Trump's presidency. Rifts between the evangelical community and Trump have developed after recent events, including a January riot at the U.S. Capitol. Trump's impeachment in the aftermath of the riot at the U.S. Capitol did not change Graham's support of the president, leading Graham to draw parallels between Trump's impeachment and the betrayal of Jesus Christ as described in the Bible.

"Shame, shame on the ten Republicans who joined with @SpeakerPelosi & the House Democrats in impeaching President Trump yesterday," Graham tweeted. "After all that he has done for our country, you would turn your back & betray him so quickly? What was done yesterday only further divides our nation."

Graham elaborated on his opinion in a Thursday Facebook post, detailing why he believed Trump was actually impeached.

"But the House Democrats impeached him because they hate him and want to do as much damage as they can," Graham wrote. "And these ten, from [Trump's] own party, joined in the feeding frenzy. It makes you wonder what the thirty pieces of silver were that [Democratic House] Speaker [Nancy] Pelosi promised for this betrayal."

In the Bible, Judas Iscariot was paid 30 pieces of silver by the Pharisees to betray Jesus, who was tried and punished before being crucified by the Romans.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Story continues at link above*]

Not just no. Hell no. Your daddy would have known better as should you.

While I think this second impeachment was as big of a sham as the first one, blatantly violating nearly every rule that the House established for such a proceeding, to compare it to the betrayal of Christ borders on obscene.

Trump is nothing like Jesus. End of story.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Source: Franklin Graham Compares 10 Republicans Who Voted to Impeach Trump to Betrayal of Christ[/url

Evangelist Franklin Graham compared 10 members of the GOP to Judas Iscariot on Thursday after they voted to approve President Donald Trump's second impeachment.

Graham, the head of the non-profit organization Samaritan's Purse, has been a longtime supporter of Trump's presidency. Rifts between the evangelical community and Trump have developed after recent events, including a January riot at the U.S. Capitol. Trump's impeachment in the aftermath of the riot at the U.S. Capitol did not change Graham's support of the president, leading Graham to draw parallels between Trump's impeachment and the betrayal of Jesus Christ as described in the Bible.

"Shame, shame on the ten Republicans who joined with @SpeakerPelosi & the House Democrats in impeaching President Trump yesterday," Graham tweeted. "After all that he has done for our country, you would turn your back & betray him so quickly? What was done yesterday only further divides our nation."

Graham elaborated on his opinion in a Thursday Facebook post, detailing why he believed Trump was actually impeached.

"But the House Democrats impeached him because they hate him and want to do as much damage as they can," Graham wrote. "And these ten, from [Trump's] own party, joined in the feeding frenzy. It makes you wonder what the thirty pieces of silver were that [Democratic House] Speaker [Nancy] Pelosi promised for this betrayal."

In the Bible, Judas Iscariot was paid 30 pieces of silver by the Pharisees to betray Jesus, who was tried and punished before being crucified by the Romans.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Story continues at link above*]

Not just no. Hell no. Your daddy would have known better as should you.

While I think this second impeachment was as big of a sham as the first one, blatantly violating nearly every rule that the House established for such a proceeding, to compare it to the betrayal of Christ borders on obscene.

Impeachment 2.0 was MUCH bigger sham than the first one, because it was rushed like the old style "git a rope, we'll have a trial after the hangin'".

But, yes, leave Jesus out of this --- ZERO comparison.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Impeachment 2.0 was MUCH bigger sham than the first one, because it was rushed like the old style "git a rope, we'll have a trial after the hangin'".

But, yes, leave Jesus out of this --- ZERO comparison.
      That's part of what I meant by it being a sham, mirroring Carroll's Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland when she declared "Sentence first! Verdict afterwards" mentality.

But I'm severely disappointed in Graham.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's part of what I meant by it being a sham, mirroring Carroll's Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland when she declared "Sentence first! Verdict afterwards" mentality.

I think he's still trying to figure out where he is in his Daddy's shadow. Falwell, Osteen... even Hank Williams Jr!!!!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've been disappointed since I found out last year that he was in support of Paula White as Trump's advisor. We contacted him, because we've supported Samaritan's Purse for years, and he tried to justify it by giving all kinds of excuses, and not acknowledging that, first of all, no woman should be a spiritual advisor to a man, let alone the President, and secondly, that White is WoF and her theology is whacked.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I've been disappointed since I found out last year that he was in support of Paula White as Trump's advisor. We contacted him, because we've supported Samaritan's Purse for years, and he tried to justify it by giving all kinds of excuses, and not acknowledging that, first of all, no woman should be a spiritual advisor to a man, let alone the President, and secondly, that White is WoF and her theology is whacked.
            Interesting point, which I'm addressing tomorrow morning where Priscilla was arguably a spiritual advisor to Apollos.

Comment

Interesting point, which I'm addressing tomorrow morning where Priscilla was arguably a spiritual advisor to Apollos.
              Yes, that's true. But how many men were around in that time and in that place to do spiritual advising? Trump had a lot of choices for an advisor, including Graham himself.

I am of the belief that scripture is crystal clear that no woman should take the leadership in a church, or as a spiritual advisor, by extension, to a man in authority when there are men to take that position.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Yes, that's true. But how many men were around in that time and in that place to do spiritual advising? Trump had a lot of choices for an advisor, including Graham himself.

I am of the belief that scripture is crystal clear that no woman should take the leadership in a church, or as a spiritual advisor, by extension, to a man in authority when there are men to take that position.
                And I believe it's because she was working with her husband in sharpening a very important tool. It was more discipleship than "teaching" a group of men.

Comment

And I believe it's because she was working with her husband in sharpening a very important tool. It was more discipleship than "teaching" a group of men.
                  I'll buy that.

Comment

Try telling that to certain members in my church.
                    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

ohboy!

Comment

Everything is either nazis or Jesus...

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                          “If Jesus Christ gets down off the cross and told me Trump is with Russia, I would tell him, 'Hold on a second. I need to check with the president if it's true.’” - Mark Lee, during CNN panel discussion

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...with-russia-id
                          "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                          "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

“If Jesus Christ gets down off the cross and told me Trump is with Russia, I would tell him, 'Hold on a second. I need to check with the president if it's true.’” - Mark Lee, during CNN panel discussion

Fortunately, He's not on the cross, so...

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

And this looks like one of those cases where the media looks for the nuttiest of the nutters on the right, 'balanced' by some sane respectable person on the left. Who's Mike Lee?

Comment