Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Franklin Graham likens Republicans voting to impeach to Christ's betrayal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Meanwhile getting back to reality rather than what a particular hyper-hypocritical internet troll perceives of it.

With regard to Trump his supporters did not worship him because for 99.9% of them it was never about the man. It was always about attempting to preserve the country and to build it back up again.
    No, it was never about preservation and building it back up, since he was a troll and the FYF crowd (who unsurprisingly are feeling lots of feelings now) loved that.

It was about preserving the sanctity of human life and protecting the most innocent and helpless members.
    Except for after those babies are born.

His supporters weren't so much Trump supporters as freedom supporters and America supporters with Trump being the most outspoken advocate for that.
    Well that's just a hoot. It's almost like you don't see the Trump gear, most of which is manufactured in China.

And only idiots would confuse him and his political goals with what Christ taught.
    Agreed. I'd venture to say only idiots festoon their cars with Trump wraps and flags. That's almost as embarrassing as saying Trump is a new Christ.

Comment

Meanwhile getting back to reality rather than what a particular hyper-hypocritical internet troll perceives of it.

With regard to Trump his supporters did not worship him because for 99.9% of them it was never about the man. It was always about the ideals he championed, like the support of freedom (especially those mentioned in the Bill of Rights, particularly free speech and the 2A). It was about attempting to preserve the country and to build it back up again. It was about preserving the sanctity of human life and protecting the most innocent and helpless members. His supporters weren't so much Trump supporters as freedom supporters and America supporters with Trump being the most outspoken advocate for that. And that love and support for freedom won't waiver regardless of who is in charge.

And only idiots would confuse him and his political goals with what Christ taught. They are completely separate and for the most rarely in conflict
      I think for some Trump supporters it most definitely is about the man. At his rallies it was common to see pictures with Trump's head on a Rambo-like superhuman body. And remember those "Dear Leader"-like speeches from his Cabinet members? Then there are those supporters who want to make him President-for-life. This may not be deification, but it comes pretty close.

I also find it odd to to link Trump with "ideals". He certainly champions the 2A, but is rather selective about the rest of the Constitution, like freedom of the press and assembly, and like the emoluments clauses and prohibition of getting gifts or assistance from foreign governments. As for free speech, he certainly favors free speech for himself and his side, but not for his opponents. And his behavior throughout his life can certainly be termed racist.

He went from being very pro-choice to being anti-abortion, and no right winger sees this as a flip-flop, which used to be a common criticism used against the left.
      As for building up America, whatever happened to his promised infrastructure bill? The only building we got from him was a small, outrageously expensive section of a southern border wall.

It is also hard to understand how someone who lies so often and egregiously can be described as holding high ideals and behaving in concert with Christ's teachings.

What I find most offensive about him and his side is their insistence that they are the only supporters of America and the only true Patriots, refusing to acknowledge that being a Democrat or holding a different opinion on specific policy issues does not make a person anti-American.

Comment

In a January interview with The Washington Post, Falwell was asked point-blank by the newspaper, “Is there anything President Trump could do that would endanger that support from you or other evangelical leaders?”

Falwell replied with one word: “No.”

https://www.au.org/church-state/febr...could-lead-him
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

No, it was never about preservation and building it back up, since he was a troll and the FYF crowd (who unsurprisingly are feeling lots of feelings now) loved that.

Except for after those babies are born.

Well that's just a hoot. It's almost like you don't see the Trump gear, most of which is manufactured in China.

Agreed. I'd venture to say only idiots festoon their cars with Trump wraps and flags. That's almost as embarrassing as saying Trump is a new Christ.

Its like you have responses scripted out and just randomly attach them to posts as replies.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

I think for some Trump supporters it most definitely is about the man. At his rallies it was common to see pictures with Trump's head on a Rambo-like superhuman body. And remember those "Dear Leader"-like speeches from his Cabinet members? Then there are those supporters who want to make him President-for-life. This may not be deification, but it comes pretty close.

I also find it odd to to link Trump with "ideals". He certainly champions the 2A, but is rather selective about the rest of the Constitution, like freedom of the press and assembly, and like the emoluments clauses and prohibition of getting gifts or assistance from foreign governments. As for free speech, he certainly favors free speech for himself and his side, but not for his opponents. And his behavior throughout his life can certainly be termed racist.

He went from being very pro-choice to being anti-abortion, and no right winger sees this as a flip-flop, which used to be a common criticism used against the left.
            As for building up America, whatever happened to his promised infrastructure bill? The only building we got from him was a small, outrageously expensive section of a southern border wall.

It is also hard to understand how someone who lies so often and egregiously can be described as holding high ideals and behaving in concert with Christ's teachings.

What I find most offensive about him and his side is their insistence that they are the only supporters of America and the only true Patriots, refusing to acknowledge that being a Democrat or holding a different opinion on specific policy issues does not make a person anti-American.
            You'll see that sort of nonsense at virtually any campaign rally. We were treated to a bunch of messianic images and even halo-like effects surrounding Obama. But then many of them went out of their way to make it clear they thought he was a deity of some sort.

And I don't recall him ever being anti-abortion before becoming pro-abortion. In fact he left the Republican party because he thought it was too extreme to oppose even partial birth abortion. His changing on multiple issues from abortion, 2A, taxes and immigration was the main reason I was Anybody But Trump through the entire 2016 primaries. But to his credit he stuck with his positions rather than claiming to hold ones he dropped as soon as he was elected.

For instance, I'll never forget the comment by Bill Clinton's chief dog washer, George Stephanopoulos, when he said on Larry King Live that "The President has kept all the promises he intended to keep."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Let's look a little bit furher into the support some Christians have offered Trump. Paula White is, of course, one of them:

Speaking during a prayer session that held at the City of Destiny on Wednesday, White-Cain claimed the election is not political but a spiritual battle between the forces of good and evil.
              And it goes on:

“Anything that has been hijacked by media, by adverts, by political means… we break it right now. I secure righteousness in this election, in the White House,” White-Cain said.

“Anyone working in high levels of demonic conspiracies and they think they have things figured out right now, let it be exposed in the superior blood of Jesus Christ.

“We release the whirlwind to scatter those who come against the outcome of this election.”
              And it goes on:

“For I hear victory, victory… in the corners of heaven. For angels are being released right now, angels are being dispatched right now,”
              Of course you are going to have some problems when you claim the "hear victory" "in the corners of heaven" when reality is that "the chosen one" the "good" who fought vs. "evil" actually, lost.

Source for the quotes: https://www.thecable.ng/battle-good-...tion-hijackers
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

[[...]Trump is nothing like Jesus. End of story.
                "To say no to president Trump would be saying no to God"

Paula White, Trump's spiritual advisor (by the way).

3:15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4daeEacIVI

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

"To say no to president Trump would be saying no to God"

Paula White, Trump's spiritual advisor (by the way).

3:15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4daeEacIVI
                  As I said earlier in this thread, Paula White is not fit to be anybody's spiritual advisor. She is WoFand does not represent orthodox Christianity.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

That's approaching the level of Obamessiah worship we saw
                    More slander the Democrats not Franklin Gramm ever considered Obama a Messiah. Many of the devoted followers of Trump and QAnon consider Trump a Messiah.

References please . . .
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

With regard to Trump his supporters did not worship him because for 99.9% of them it was never about the man.
                      Source for that number, please.

It was always about the ideals he championed, like the support of freedom (especially those mentioned in the Bill of Rights, particularly free speech and the 2A). It was about attempting to preserve the country and to build it back up again. It was about preserving the sanctity of human life and protecting the most innocent and helpless members.
                      I'm comming back to the heart of worship....

We all know what Trump really did on those matters and yet, here you are, singing songs about his glorious deeds.

His supporters weren't so much Trump supporters as freedom supporters and America supporters with Trump being the most outspoken advocate for that. And that love and support for freedom won't waiver regardless of who is in charge.
                      That is a claim you are making. I have shown examples of Christians being pretty big fans of Trump to say the least. You started this out by pointing to Franklin Graham... Now you tell a different story based on a number "99.9%" we are yet to see you justify. Looking forward. It wouldn't be wishful thinking, would it?

And only idiots would confuse him and his political goals with what Christ taught. They are completely separate and for the most rarely in conflict
                      It seems there are some idiots around then. And your last part about them "rarely" being in conflict is actually pretty funny. I mean, there is an irony to all of this: For some reason the most lying president ever was promoted by people who claim the truth will set us free. And that is leaving out all the other stuff about his dehumanizing talk and the like.

Seems we are finding you among those who were fooled into not seeing the conflict. But then you never worshipped Trump but only "the ideals he championed, like the support of freedom (especially those mentioned in the Bill of Rights, particularly free speech and the 2A). It was about attempting to preserve the country and to build it back up again. It was about preserving the sanctity of human life and protecting the most innocent and helpless members."

I am still waiting for the miracle. You remember he promised you a miracle?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

As I said earlier in this thread, Paula White is not fit to be anybody's spiritual advisor. She is WoFand does not represent orthodox Christianity.
                        Thanks. I was not considering using her as my spiritual advisor.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

Thanks. I was not considering using her as my spiritual advisor.
                          Probably the smartest thing you've ever said.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

More slander the Democrats not Franklin Gramm ever considered Obama a Messiah. Many of the devoted followers of Trump and QAnon consider Trump a Messiah.

References please . . .
                            obamessiah 1.jpegobamessiah 2.jpgobamessiah 3.jpgobamessiah 4.pngobamessiah 5.jpg
                            When I Survey....

Comment

And Rogue has an even bigger library in his archive of stuff his enemies have said that I am sure he will be happy to promote.

And at some point he might even convince himself that it makes the statemts Franklin Graham made less bad, that we should focus on something else, that "the others" did it too. At least he can call someone a hypocrite or something...

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

References please . . .
                                You're quite right, it was indeed "the Democrats [and] not Franklin 'Gramm' who considered Obama to a Messiah."

Comment