Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Left's Double Standard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think what you're doing is grossly magnifying the problem with bad cops in order to justify crazies on the left looting and burning and rioting.
    That ^

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

People burn down buildings and loot and riot because they're criminals, not because cops are cops.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You start off by saying that BLM and Antifa only exist because of bad cops (or something to that effect), but when asked if minority communities want no cops, you have to back off.

Which is it? I think what you're doing is grossly magnifying the problem with bad cops in order to justify crazies on the left looting and burning and rioting.
        Because there's a difference between wanting police reform and wanting the absence of police. Why in the world would you think they're the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

Because there's a difference between wanting police reform and wanting the absence of police. Why in the world would you think they're the same thing?
          Because the left keeps talking about defunding?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Because there's a difference between wanting police reform and wanting the absence of police.
            So, stop falling for the moronic "defund the police" crap.

Why in the world would you think they're the same thing?
            There's a VAST difference between defunding and reforming. In fact, reforming may require GREATER funding.

Please don't fall for this pink leftist nonsense.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

"BLM and Antifa only exist because of police violence, it's a self-caused problem."

No, it is not self caused. It is cause by the crime rates we see in inner city populations.

"It has been well-known that far-right terrorism is the greatest threat to the US for years now, and that threat is completely different than activists upset with unwarranted violence and racism among law enforcement."

Yet it is the left that is producing the most destruction and body counts. And I include black on black crime.
              BLM protests started after the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner, which were police shootings. Antifa started to oppose/counterprotest Neo-Nazis and has attached itself it BLM because of police brutality. Neither has anything to do with general crime.

Why would you attribute black on black crime to the left? What does that have to do with terrorism?

Comment

BLM protests started after the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner, which were police shootings. Antifa started to oppose/counterprotest Neo-Nazis and has attached itself it BLM because of police brutality. Neither has anything to do with general crime.
                Actually, the whole thing started before that with some radical leftists following the Trayvon Martin killing.

Comment

So, stop falling for the moronic "defund the police" crap.

There's a VAST difference between defunding and reforming. In fact, reforming may require GREATER funding.

Please don't fall for this pink leftist nonsense.
                  Likewise, reforming may require diverted funding, so I don't see your point. Funding and defunding are both tools under the same umbrella.

Actually, the whole thing started before that with some radical leftists following the Trayvon Martin killing.
                  True, but the protests relevant to the discussion started in full force in the Summer of 2014.
                  Last edited by Psychic Missile; 01-19-2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Likewise, reforming may require diverted funding, so I don't see your point. Funding and defunding are both tools under the same umbrella.
                    "Diverting funding" where? "Defunding" is a psychotic notion that the extreme left endorses --- who, in their right mind, actually believes that's practical?

I'm a little surprised that you are buying into this bunk.

Comment

BLM largely grew because of Michael Brown which was based on a falsehood. And which Neo Nazis? Antifa was rioting at Berkeley years ago because Anne Coulter and Ben Shapiro were giving talks.

Why would you attribute black on black crime to the left? What does that have to do with terrorism?
                      When a ten year old girl is murdered I call that terror. And it is Democrat voters doing the shooting. Tell me which cities has the Neo Nazis have reduced to ashes?

Comment

BLM largely grew because of Michael Brown which was based on a falsehood. And which Neo Nazis? Antifa was rioting at Berkeley years ago because Anne Coulter and Ben Shapiro were giving talks.

Actually, it started before that and specifically to highlight policing needs reform. The GOP disagrees that policing needs reform.

When a ten year old girl is murdered I call that terror. And it is Democrat voters doing the shooting. Tell me which cities has the Neo Nazis have reduced to ashes?
                        Are you actually defending Neo Nazis?

It's also a terrible exaggeration that any cities have been "reduced to ashes." There were violent demonstrations led by extremists, just like the capitol riot was led by QAnon and NeoNazis, who the POTUS never condemned QAnon even when he clearly knew their wacko beliefs.

Comment

"Diverting funding" where? "Defunding" is a psychotic notion that the extreme left endorses --- who, in their right mind, actually believes that's practical?

I'm a little surprised that you are buying into this bunk.
                          Defunding primarily means diverting some amount of funds or reducing funding, only a very small minority wants complete defunding. A lot of crime only exists because society has failed in addressing social issues, and police activity can often make those issues worse. If a community if deciding how to allocate a budget, it makes more sense to use it to prevent problems from occurring in the first place rather than to stop them after the fact. There are other concerns that call for defunding too, like unbundling or demilitarization.

Comment

Defunding primarily means diverting some amount of funds or reducing funding, only a very small minority wants complete defunding.
                            So stop playing the "word game" --- "defunding", to the left, was exactly that. When it got exposed for the psycho nutty extreme it is, a lot of the left tried walking it back, like you're doing now.
                            To "defund" something means - take the funding away.

Do not use that term unless that's what you mean. Simple as that.

Even some of the nutter legislators like in Minnesota have realized what a psychotic mess that was, and are walking it back.

A lot of crime only exists because society has failed in addressing social issues, and police activity can often make those issues worse.
                            Can does not mean does.

If a community if deciding how to allocate a budget, it makes more sense to use it to prevent problems from occurring in the first place rather than to stop them after the fact. There are other concerns that call for defunding too, like unbundling or demilitarization.
                            Only the extreme left is still calling for "defunding". Do you REALLY want to be identified with those nutters?

Comment

There were a lot of incidents that caused BLM to gain momentum during 2014, and while Brown's case was important, it was symbolic more than anything else

The first I heard about Antifa was the protests against white supremacistMilo Yiannopoulos at UC Berkeley. Coulter's speech was cancelled before anything happened and Shapiro's talk was generally uneventful. They've pretty consistently been counter-protesting Neo Nazi rallies.

That still doesn't answer my question. By your logic, are all white on white killings attributable to far-right racism?
                              Last edited by Psychic Missile; 01-19-2021, 01:26 PM.

Comment

It would be a great error for you to assume that anyone could even possibly know less than you about literally anything.
                                And yet you seemed surprised by the idea that Amazon would conduct itself in ways favorable to the left (for instantance, allowing clothing with liberal messages but disallowing conservative messaging; and then there's the recent action against Parler) which leads me to believe that you have no idea who the owner of Amazon is. Jeff Bezos also owns the Washington Post, if that you gives you a clue about his political leanings.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment