Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden and Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe the US needs an external enemy to bring us together and stop the fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I understand Iran is very excited about the prospect of a China Joe presidency. They expect him to be as soft on them as Barack was.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...-nuclear-deal/
      There have been several stories of their starting to saber rattle, likely in an attempt to get old Joe to start offering concessions to keep them happy. Of course if they really want old Joe to go soft on them all they need do is put Hunter on a board and pay him several times what they do other board members.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        maybe the US needs an external enemy to bring us together and stop the fighting.
        I'm concerned about a wag the dog scenario designed to distract attention and getting us entangled in another costly foreign war.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

There were several nations who much appreciated that, but didn't want to come out and say it for fear of reprisals.

When I was in Israel the last time, our tour guide was an Israeli tank commander instructor who filled us in on a number of things you don't hear in the media. She was quite informational.
          One of them has been the Saudis who have far more to fear from Iran than they do Israel and apparently has been very quietly working behind the scenes with Israel. Their biggest problem is internal if it becomes public thanks to the rabid extremist Wahabi sect that they are largely responsible for creating and promoting (talk about chickens come home to roost).

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            There have been several stories of their starting to saber rattle, likely in an attempt to get old Joe to start offering concessions to keep them happy. Of course if they really want old Joe to go soft on them all they need do is put Hunter on a board and pay him several times what they do other board members.
            Maybe Joe can do like President My Boss and scrounge up another few hundred million dollars in cash to deliver to the Iranians in the dead of night.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Maybe Joe can do like President My Boss and scrounge up another few hundred million dollars in cash to deliver to the Iranians in the dead of night.
              And they can use some of it to pay Hunter for all the "work" he does on a board of directors he gets appointed to, which he told his adult daughter that some of which gets split with "pop." And the circle is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                I have noticed that calling Israel an apartheid state has started to reappear in the media.
                I think you may find that Israel's policy towards the Palestinians has been severely criticised in some quarters for some time.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

I think some don't want the good problem of the palestinians to go to waste.
                  There's a whole history of deals offered to the "Palestinians" that pretty much gave them 99% of what they wanted, but they refused, because it didn't attain their goal of the total destruction of Israel.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment