Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden and Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden and Iran

Any predictions on what Biden will do with Iran?
    Seems like the sanctions have a stranglehold on Iran, and they're ready to jump back to the "original" nuclear agreement.

Will Biden squander that and give them everything they want?
    Will he stand firm and demand that they commit to abandoning their nuclear ambitions?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Additionally...

What will Joe Biden do about the Iran-al-Qaida connection?

Biden has said that he wants to take a more conciliatory approach with Iran, but the Iran-al-Qaida relationship makes that challenging.

When it comes to foreign policy, it’s already clear that one of the biggest differences between the outgoing Trump administration and the incoming Biden team will be Iran. In contrast to the current U.S. policy of “maximum pressure” toward the Islamic Republic, President-elect Joe Biden and his advisers have already promised a more conciliatory approach centered around a revival of the 2015 nuclear deal with Tehran.

But what about Iran’s role as the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism? That’s a title the Iranian regime has held since the U.S. government began formally keeping track of terrorist trends since 1984. Nevertheless, American attention to the issue has waxed and waned over the years in tandem with the priorities of successive administrations in Washington. The present White House, though, sees it as a major issue — and, in its final days in office, is working to make sure that the next one does as well.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not sure...this may depend on how much our European allies push on him to change something. They were as unhappy with us withdrawing as the Iranians were. If no push from Europe, I predict this slides to the back burner and nothing happens for a while.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        Not sure...this may depend on how much our European allies push on him to change something. They were as unhappy with us withdrawing as the Iranians were. If no push from Europe, I predict this slides to the back burner and nothing happens for a while.
        Iran is jumping at the chance to make a deal with the new administration, so, we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Iran is jumping at the chance to make a deal with the new administration, so, we shall see.
          But can they get any attention paid to them? Of all the things Trump did that Biden wants to reverse, this is one that I barely hear any mention of. Maybe Biden decided this wasn't such a bad decision after all and is going to quietly ignore the issue.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

I think part of the reason Trump was successful getting several ME nations to recognize Israel is because Iran was treated as the common enemy. Friendly overtures toward Iran from Biden may start undoing that.

Comment

I have noticed that calling Israel an apartheid state has started to reappear in the media.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                I think part of the reason Trump was successful getting several ME nations to recognize Israel is because Iran was treated as the common enemy. Friendly overtures toward Iran from Biden may start undoing that.
                There were several nations who much appreciated that, but didn't want to come out and say it for fear of reprisals.

When I was in Israel the last time, our tour guide was an Israeli tank commander instructor who filled us in on a number of things you don't hear in the media. She was quite informational.

Comment

I understand Iran is very excited about the prospect of a China Joe presidency. They expect him to be as soft on them as Barack was.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...-nuclear-deal/
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I understand Iran is very excited about the prospect of a China Joe presidency. They expect him to be as soft on them as Barack was.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...-nuclear-deal/
                    What genius at Breitbart tweeted this on January 5? https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/st...23762192240646

"Iran announced Monday it has begun enriching uranium up to 20 percent, far beyond the limits set out in the 2015 nuclear accords."
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

What genius at Breitbart tweeted this on January 5? https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/st...23762192240646

"Iran announced Monday it has begun enriching uranium up to 20 percent, far beyond the limits set out in the 2015 nuclear accords."
                      Yep, Barack's nuclear treaty was worthless, and everybody knew it.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Just saw an interesting article in a Defense Mag (by way of Jerusalem Post) that ponders the future of Israel's operations - like their not-so-clandestine interventions in Iran's nuclear program.

Could well be that Biden refuses to allow them that cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

There were several nations who much appreciated that, but didn't want to come out and say it for fear of reprisals.

When I was in Israel the last time, our tour guide was an Israeli tank commander instructor who filled us in on a number of things you don't hear in the media. She was quite informational.
                          If you start a thread on some of this information, I would be quite interested in reading it.

Comment

If you start a thread on some of this information, I would be quite interested in reading it.
                            I'll consider it... kinda focusing on "cooling off" things in civics where I'm concerned.

Comment

I think some don't want the good problem of the palestinians to go to waste.

Comment