Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Left-wing Activist Charged in Capitol Riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I do.

I really had hopes we could converse without you returning to goofus mode.
    Good lord, lighten up....................it's Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

Good lord, lighten up....................it's Friday.
      Your "humor" is of the junior high restroom kind.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

Actually the Media was also distinguishing rioters and speaking against violent actions. And I am unfamiliar with this AOC story but if accurate or even if not, she is but one person entitled to her opinion even if she is wrong on certain issues.

I think most of us, even though we were also against the summer violence, did not see those actions in the same light as the attack on the Capital. I don't know many people who saw them as the 'same.'
        Could the difference at least be in part with how they were portrayed?

We didn't have the MSM standing in front of burning buildings in a city where 1500 buildings were destroyed declaring that it was a "mostly peaceful protest"

You didn't have prominent politicians like Jerry I-pooped-in-my-pants-in-public Nadler insisting that the months long rioting by antifa and similar groups was nothing but a myth

And on and on.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Your "humor" is of the junior high restroom kind.
          Actually it is at a post-doc level............and I doubt junior high kids joke about how to spell CAPITOL in the restroom.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Could the difference at least be in part with how they were portrayed?

We didn't have the MSM standing in front of burning buildings in a city where 1500 buildings were destroyed declaring that it was a "mostly peaceful protest"

You didn't have prominent politicians like Jerry I-pooped-in-my-pants-in-public Nadler insisting that the months long rioting by antifa and similar groups was nothing but a myth

And on and on.

Amazin, eh?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Left wing activist police too, by the looks of things:

At least 13 off-duty law enforcement officials are suspected of taking part in the riot, a tally that could grow as investigators continue to pore over footage and records to identify participants. Police leaders are turning in their own to the FBI and taking the striking step of reminding officers in their departments that criminal misconduct could push them off the force and behind bars.
              WaPo
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Left wing activist police too, by the looks of things:

WaPo
                I love ya, bro, but I'm gonna have to smack you gently about the head and shoulders for this...
                A) We're well aware that there were both police officers, fire fighters, perhaps even Capitol Police, and other extremists who acted violently
                2) The are being turned in by "their own" because of the very fact that MOST of us agree that this is despicable and unacceptable
                C) Why were not the lefties doing this all summer, instead of making excuses for and even aiding and abetting the extremists in their ranks?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Sounds like the left is just as interested in distancing themselves from this guy as the right was in trying to distance themselves from the people who stormed the Capitol. Point: Nobody is saying this guy was a leader of the riot (a point they keep trying to argue against that nobody has made) It is just being pointed out that there was at least one leftwinger there agitating and inciting the rioters.
                  Sounds like the left was interested in distancing themselves from this guy long before he took part in the Capitol riot. This brings his credentials as a left winger into some doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Sounds like the left was interested in distancing themselves from this guy long before he took part in the Capitol riot. This brings his credentials as a left winger into some doubt.
                    Why would it?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                      Why would it?
                      Because if the left closes their eyes, he doesn't exist.

Comment

If that's the case then the militia's booting Timothy McVeigh out brings his credentials as a radical right winger into doubt.

More likely that both were even too extreme for either fringe.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

If that's the case then the militia's booting Timothy McVeigh out brings his credentials as a radical right winger into doubt.

More likely that both were even too extreme for either fringe.
                          Hence, my top secret thread in you-know-where.

Comment

139049988_10221688958845655_1736824850392188706_o.jpg

Comment

C) Why were not the lefties doing this all summer, instead of making excuses for and even aiding and abetting the extremists in their ranks?
                              This looks like scapegoating to me.

Violence is mostly a habit of the right, and the white, against the left, the brown and the black. Do not expect the right wing media to own up or admit that there is anything wrong with the things that are done to keep the white man's boot on the black man's neck. Everybody has noticed the difference between the treatments of BLM protesters versus white insurrectionists.

Between late May and the end of the August, Acled and Princeton researchers documented 7,750 demonstrations associated with the Black Lives Matter movement in more than 2,000 different locations across the United States, as well as more than 1,000 protests related to Covid-19. About a third of the Covid-19 protests were linked to schools reopening, the report found, all of them peaceful protests. There were also at least 70 documented protests over Covid-19 involving healthcare workers, and at least 37 demonstrations focused on the eviction crisis.

While the overwhelming majority of all the different kinds of protests tracked over this time were peaceful, the report did find a troubling trend of violence from both government forces and non-state actors.

Government authorities were more likely to intervene in Black Lives Matter protests than in other demonstrations, and also more likely to intervene with force, like using teargas, rubber bullets and pepper spray or beating demonstrators with batons, the researchers found.

They documented 392 incidents this summer in which government authorities used force on Black Lives Matter demonstrators.

Journalists covering Black Lives Matter protests were also met with violence from government forces in at least 100 separate incidents across dozens of states this summer. One journalist was blinded after being hit in the eye with a rubber bullet while covering protests over George Floyd’s killing in Minneapolis.

Violent intervention from government forces did not make protests more peaceful, the report concluded. In Portland specifically, the report found that intervention from federal authorities in the protest “only aggravated unrest”, with the number of “violent demonstrations” rising from 53% to nearly 62% of all events “after federal agents arrived on the scene”.

Armed individuals were documented at at least 50 protests this summer.

“Individual perpetrators – sometimes linked to hate groups like the KKK – have launched dozens of car-ramming attacks targeting demonstrations around the country,” the researchers wrote.
                              https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-report-finds

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/dem...r-summer-2020/
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

This looks like scapegoating to me.
                                Of course it does.

Nonetheless, the Republicans are actively calling out their own, regardless of your little attempt at changing the subject.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

You're still my favorite pinko commie leftist nutter, ff.

Comment