Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Left-wing Activist Charged in Capitol Riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

The fact it mirrors claims about summer protests is not lost on me.

Suspicions that violence in a crowd was instigated by people of opposing viewpoints just to smear the core group need substantial evidence before being made public.

The issue here is that we had continuous coverage of the event from the trumps supporters listening to Trump to their storming of the capitol, along with reams of video and self posted incriminating evidence making the entire claim folly from the minute it was uttered.
    Its almost as if the summer riots and the capitol riots have multiple parallel lines of comparison going on. AMAZING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

Like the rest, the hope is that he is arrested, charged and has his day before a jury and we go from there. Left, right, center.......doesn't matter.
      I wonder if the Democrats are going to pay his bail like they did for rioters during the summer?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN2360SZ
      https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/31...l-out-of-jail/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Difference between substance and personal attack CP.

Your posts to me mostly consist of personal attacks - homilies I called them, against how evil the ox is. And that is exactly what they are.
        You might want to look into getting one of these Ox:

hand mirror.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Its almost as if the summer riots and the capitol riots have multiple parallel lines of comparison going on. AMAZING!!!
          no - that is ONE (1) parallel. And I am pretty sure it was a defensive measure derived from what were far more legitimate concerns from the summer.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You might want to look into getting one of these Ox:

hand mirror.jpg
            Ah yes, in comes the cavalry to defend distorting the meaning of other peoples words. I mean why not? It's what you do.

So let it be heretofore resolved for those of lower capacity for abstraction and reason that there is a difference between removing personal insults and changing the meaning of another person's post.

I would have thought that was obvious, but hey, this is TWEB after all.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

But you had the MSM making every conceivable excuse for the rioters this summer -- and even AOC giving advice for how they need to dress and conduct themselves so as not to be identified.

Those who stormed the Capitol did nothing to hide their identity, so it's MUCH easier to identify and prosecute them.
              There was not the same focus on identifying and "hunting down" every criminal protester this summer.
              Actually the Media was also distinguishing rioters and speaking against violent actions. And I am unfamiliar with this AOC story but if accurate or even if not, she is but one person entitled to her opinion even if she is wrong on certain issues.

I think most of us, even though we were also against the summer violence, did not see those actions in the same light as the attack on the Capital. I don't know many people who saw them as the 'same.'

Comment

Actually the Media was also distinguishing rioters and speaking against violent actions.
                Yeah, like the guy standing in front of a raging fire explaining to us that the riots were mostly peaceful.

And I am unfamiliar with this AOC story
                Because it doesn't fit into your confirmation bias? It's been posted a number of times on this site.

but if accurate or even if not, she is but one person entitled to her opinion even if she is wrong on certain issues.

I think most of us, even though we were also against the summer violence, did not see those actions in the same light as the attack on the Capital. I don't know many people who saw them as the 'same.'
                CAPITOL!!!!!! Not Capital.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, like the guy standing in front of a raging fire explaining to us that the riots were mostly peaceful.

Because it doesn't fit into your confirmation bias? It's been posted a number of times on this site.

Like the one guy:+}

No I simply don't obsess about her like you apparently do. Little crush??

And I don't follow every site discussion or even every Civics discussion...........I prefer the theology or religion discussions.

Comment

Like the one guy:+}

No I simply don't obsess about her like you apparently do. Little crush??
                    The CEO of Goya made her "Employee of the Year"!

(She launched a boycott of Goya, and it turned into a Buycott --- they had the best year EVER)

And I don't follow every site discussion or even every Civics discussion...........I prefer the theology or religion discussions.
                    OK, but can you PLEASE spell Capitol correctly? Pretty please?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I wonder if the Democrats are going to pay his bail like they did for rioters during the summer?

Harris Bail.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I suspect they'll just ignore him, and hope he goes away --- Pelosi was just talking about a guy with a t-shirt that had a Nazi concentration camp's name on it --- she's doing her best to paint all of the people as anti antisemitic white supremacists.

Comment

The CEO of Goya made her "Employee of the Year"!

(She launched a boycott of Goya, and it turned into a Buycott --- they had the best year EVER)

OK, but can you PLEASE spell Capitol correctly? Pretty please?

Yeah but you do know a lot about her, 'oh boya.'

Are you saying I should spell it Capital?

Comment

I suspect they'll just ignore him, and hope he goes away --- Pelosi was just talking about a guy with a t-shirt that had a Nazi concentration camp's name on it --- she's doing her best to paint all of the people as anti antisemitic white supremacists.
                            Well, at least this guy who seems to be.

Comment

Is "capitol" spelled with a capital?
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yeah but you do know a lot about her, 'oh boya.'
                                I do.

Are you saying I should spell it Capital?
                                I really had hopes we could converse without you returning to goofus mode.

Comment