Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Left-wing Activist Charged in Capitol Riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

If you have any points to discuss regarding the thread topic, I'll be happy to respond.
    finally - whew! that took a while.

--

But I think I've already made my point CP. The fact there was some lone non-white supremacist in the crowd plays into the original attempt to claim the insurrection was not caused by Trump followers, a good number of which were white supremacist of one ilk or another.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-15-2021, 09:44 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I've been call worse.
      Undeservedly?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
        A far left activist was arrested for participating in the Capitol Protests.
        Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/left-wing-activist-charged-in-capitol-riot

A left-wing activist who told Fox News last week that he’d followed a pro-Trump mob into the Capitol in order to "document" the siege is now the subject of a criminal complaint in connection with his alleged participation, according to the U.S. Justice Department.

John Sullivan can allegedly be heard egging on protesters in video he provided to the FBI, according to a federal criminal complaint. He has also shared the video to his YouTube and Twitter accounts under the pseudonym Jayden X.

Inside the building, he told rioters that "We got to get this s--- burned," and "it’s our house m------------," according to an affidavit signed by FBI Special Agent Matthew Foulger.

He faces federal charges of civil disorder, entering a restricted building and violent entry or disorderly conduct.

Sullivan also allegedly told Foulger that he had been in the Capitol during the riot, entering through a broken window while wearing a ballistic vest.

As protesters climbed over a wall near the Capitol entrance, he allegedly exclaimed in the video, "You guys are f------ savage. Let’s go!"

"There are so many people," Sullivan’s voice can be heard saying as the camera shows a large group of people making its way toward the building. "Let’s go. This s--- is ours! F-- yeah. I can’t believe this is reality."

"We accomplished this s---," he said at another point "We did this together. F--- yeah! We are all a part of this history."

© Copyright Original Source

Like the rest, the hope is that he is arrested, charged and has his day before a jury and we go from there. Left, right, center.......doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

Like the rest, the hope is that he is arrested, charged and has his day before a jury and we go from there. Left, right, center.......doesn't matter.
          Without question - ALL those who acted criminally should be charged appropriately and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. No exceptions.

I say the exact same thing for those who spent all summer rioting - no exceptions.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Well it shows that the claim that there were some leftwing agitators there as true. Although most of the claims I have saw were ridiculous attempts to claim the guys in the photos at Pelosi's desk, the buffalo guy, and the guy sitting in the vice presidents chair were antifa. They weren't.
            Well, one......... I agree that most of the claims were ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

We've known that since day one even if the liberal media was intent on ignoring the evidence.
              Ok, whatever scenario makes you happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Sounds like the left is just as interested in distancing themselves from this guy as the right was in trying to distance themselves from the people who stormed the Capitol. Point: Nobody is saying this guy was a leader of the riot (a point they keep trying to argue against that nobody has made) It is just being pointed out that there was at least one leftwinger there agitating and inciting the rioters.
                Seems like all responsible American citizens are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Without question - ALL those who acted criminally should be charged appropriately and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. No exceptions.

I say the exact same thing for those who spent all summer rioting - no exceptions.
                  Agreed as long as protestors are separated from rioters (on all sides) and it is sometimes hard to distinguish.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Ah - don't be silly Sparko. One of the main early defenses of this insurrection is that it wasn't 'really' trump supporters. So parading a token leftist hooligan as being found in the crowd is playing to that earlier claim.

Try a little honesty for once - you might find a clear conscience refreshing.
                    If you feel I am being dishonest, feel free to prove it. Your attitude has really gone downhill lately Jim. Take a step back and take a few deep breaths.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Agreed as long as protestors are separated from rioters (on all sides) and it is sometimes hard to distinguish.
                        But you had the MSM making every conceivable excuse for the rioters this summer -- and even AOC giving advice for how they need to dress and conduct themselves so as not to be identified.

Those who stormed the Capitol did nothing to hide their identity, so it's MUCH easier to identify and prosecute them.
                        There was not the same focus on identifying and "hunting down" every criminal protester this summer.

Comment

Ah - don't be silly Sparko. One of the main early defenses of this insurrection is that it wasn't 'really' trump supporters. So parading a token leftist hooligan as being found in the crowd is playing to that earlier claim.

Try a little honesty for once - you might find a clear conscience refreshing.
                          It's almost as if this was a post from shunyadragon who posted that cops claimed a protest had White Surpemacists causing violence.

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...demonstrations

(Ironically, a claim that never saw further evidence in form of arrests for the particular claim/protests made, and even the local BLM refuted.)

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            How exactly does one go about ejecting someone from being a leftist though? And how does one kick out the founder of a leftwing group, Insurgence USA (a "social justice" group that calls itself anti-fascist and protests police brutality) from leftwing groups (ironic that a group with a name like that is complaining about "insurrection")?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It's almost as if this was a post from shunyadragon who posted that cops claimed a protest had White Surpemacists causing violence.

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...demonstrations

(Ironically, a claim that never saw further evidence in form of arrests for the particular claim/protests made, and even the local BLM refuted.)
                              The fact it mirrors claims about summer protests is not lost on me.

Suspicions that violence in a crowd was instigated by people of opposing viewpoints just to smear the core group need substantial evidence before being made public.

The issue here is that we had continuous coverage of the event from the trumps supporters listening to Trump to their storming of the capitol, along with reams of video and self posted incriminating evidence making the entire claim folly from the minute it was uttered.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You (and MM) cut substance...
                                I cut "substance" from a post when it is offered in support of a premise that is either flawed or outright false, thus rendering the "substance" 100% meaningless.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment