Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Left-wing Activist Charged in Capitol Riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Well it shows that the claim that there were some leftwing agitators there as true.
    We've known that since day one even if the liberal media was intent on ignoring the evidence.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Who is John Sullivan?
      For the past week, Sullivan’s presence in the Capitol, and his previous record of anti-Trump activism, has been the focus of frenzied attention in the right-wing media, where the baseless conspiracy theory that pro-Trump rioters were led into violence by left-wing antifascist agitators lives on.

At the same time, left-wing organizers have been keen to stress that they ejected Sullivan from their ranks months ago, accusing him of being either a right-wing infiltrator or a dangerously naive amateur.
      https://theintercept.com/2021/01/14/341260/
      Last edited by firstfloor; 01-15-2021, 08:19 AM.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Who is John Sullivan?
        Do you have a link?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I never excused violence. You characterization of my comments as excusing violence is simply false.

I did point out and speak against the excessive force being used by those officers, provoking more violence from the protestors. It was simply a fact. In point of fact - the heavy handed approach by the president against them, and as deployed in the BLM protests in DC stands in stark contrast and relief against the near complete absence of any law enforcement presence ahead of the 1/6 Trump supporter event - in spite of wide spread internet chatter about exactly what happened.
          Jim, simply declaring something a fact does not make it a fact. It's your very biased view of what happened. Your hatred of Trump is, apparently, the prism through which you viewed such events - even as the rioters were trying to burn down the federal building and police station.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jim, simply declaring something a fact does not make it a fact. It's your very biased view of what happened. Your hatred of Trump is, apparently, the prism through which you viewed such events - even as the rioters were trying to burn down the federal building and police station.
            Don't bother him with your petty complaints about democrats.

Comment

Is this what you want, Jim? That all of the people who were involved in this be killed?
              Not even close CP - I'm pointing out that what these people did was deadly serious and that they are very lucky they are US citizens because most other places in the world would have been far less tolerent of their choices.

Maybe they, and perhaps you, should consider that the next time you want to defend an insurrection that would have put in place the sort of person that would have had no qualms at all about conducting such a massacre to protect himself.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Not even close CP - I'm pointing out that what these people did was deadly serious and that they are very lucky they are US citizens because most other places in the world would have been far less tolerent of their choices.

Maybe they, and perhaps you, should consider that the next time you want to defend an insurrection that would have put in place the sort of person that would have had no qualms at all about conducting such a massacre to protect himself.
                Can you show ANYWHERE where I have defended an insurrection, Jim? Even a TINY bit? As apposed to your defense of the riots all summer?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Can you show ANYWHERE where I have defended an insurrection, Jim? Even a TINY bit? As apposed to your defense of the riots all summer?
                  You have defended it by diminishing it's importance, but going along with refusing to recognize it was insurrection, but trying the minimize the number of people involed, by trying to divert blame from the trump supporters to antifa, by trying to reduce or eliminate Trump's culpability in causing it. I'm not going to look the individual posts for you.

And it is massively ironic you demand I prove an accusation, since you are more than happy to make accusations against others while refusing to offer any sort of proof or justification, and defend others doing the same.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-15-2021, 08:53 AM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    Sounds like the left is just as interested in distancing themselves from this guy as the right was in trying to distance themselves from the people who stormed the Capitol. Point: Nobody is saying this guy was a leader of the riot (a point they keep trying to argue against that nobody has made) It is just being pointed out that there was at least one leftwinger there agitating and inciting the rioters.

Comment

You have defended it by diminishing it's importance...
                      No, Jim, I have not.

Comment

No, Jim, I have not.
                        playing the 'eliminate' the substance game again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Sounds like the left is just as interested in distancing themselves from this guy as the right was in trying to distance themselves from the people who stormed the Capitol. Point: Nobody is saying this guy was a leader of the riot (a point they keep trying to argue against that nobody has made) It is just being pointed out that there was at least one leftwinger there agitating and inciting the rioters.
                          Ah - don't be silly Sparko. One of the main early defenses of this insurrection is that it wasn't 'really' trump supporters. So parading a token leftist hooligan as being found in the crowd is playing to that earlier claim.

Try a little honesty for once - you might find a clear conscience refreshing.

Comment

playing the 'eliminate' the substance game again.
                            Not playing anything, Jim -- I'll be happy to address specific points. Got any?

And, this, after you blocked out and CHANGED the text I posted. Hypocrite much?

Comment

Not playing anything, Jim -- I'll be happy to address specific points. Got any?

And, this, after you blocked out and CHANGED the text I posted. Hypocrite much?
                              Difference between substance and personal attack CP.

Your posts to me mostly consist of personal attacks - homilies I called them, against how evil the ox is. And that is exactly what they are.

What I cut was just another of your homilies. Being honest about content does require dishonest personal attacks be given additional publicity by repeating them in a reply.

You (and MM) cut substance - comments not addressed at you personally but text that justifies a point about a topic. Often so as to distort or corrupt the point made.

There is no hypocrisy involved, although the truth will not stop you from continuing to claim otherwise. That much we can all be sure of.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-15-2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Difference between substance and personal attack CP.

Your posts to me mostly consist of personal attacks - homilies I called them, against how evil the ox is. And that is exactly what they are.

What I cut was just another of your homilies.

You (and MM) cut substance - comments not addressed at you personally but text that justifies a point about a topic.

There is no hypocrisy involved, although the truth will not stop you from continuing to claim otherwise. That much we can all be sure of.
                                If you have any points to discuss regarding the thread topic, I'll be happy to respond.

Comment