Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Left-wing Activist Charged in Capitol Riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left-wing Activist Charged in Capitol Riot

A far left activist was arrested for participating in the Capitol Protests.
    Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/left-wing-activist-charged-in-capitol-riot

A left-wing activist who told Fox News last week that he’d followed a pro-Trump mob into the Capitol in order to "document" the siege is now the subject of a criminal complaint in connection with his alleged participation, according to the U.S. Justice Department.

John Sullivan can allegedly be heard egging on protesters in video he provided to the FBI, according to a federal criminal complaint. He has also shared the video to his YouTube and Twitter accounts under the pseudonym Jayden X.

Inside the building, he told rioters that "We got to get this s--- burned," and "it’s our house m------------," according to an affidavit signed by FBI Special Agent Matthew Foulger.

He faces federal charges of civil disorder, entering a restricted building and violent entry or disorderly conduct.

Sullivan also allegedly told Foulger that he had been in the Capitol during the riot, entering through a broken window while wearing a ballistic vest.

As protesters climbed over a wall near the Capitol entrance, he allegedly exclaimed in the video, "You guys are f------ savage. Let’s go!"

"There are so many people," Sullivan’s voice can be heard saying as the camera shows a large group of people making its way toward the building. "Let’s go. This s--- is ours! F-- yeah. I can’t believe this is reality."

"We accomplished this s---," he said at another point "We did this together. F--- yeah! We are all a part of this history."

© Copyright Original Source

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    A far left activist was arrested for participating in the Capitol Protests.
    Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/left-wing-activist-charged-in-capitol-riot

A left-wing activist who told Fox News last week that he’d followed a pro-Trump mob into the Capitol in order to "document" the siege is now the subject of a criminal complaint in connection with his alleged participation, according to the U.S. Justice Department.

John Sullivan can allegedly be heard egging on protesters in video he provided to the FBI, according to a federal criminal complaint. He has also shared the video to his YouTube and Twitter accounts under the pseudonym Jayden X.

Inside the building, he told rioters that "We got to get this s--- burned," and "it’s our house m------------," according to an affidavit signed by FBI Special Agent Matthew Foulger.

He faces federal charges of civil disorder, entering a restricted building and violent entry or disorderly conduct.

Sullivan also allegedly told Foulger that he had been in the Capitol during the riot, entering through a broken window while wearing a ballistic vest.

As protesters climbed over a wall near the Capitol entrance, he allegedly exclaimed in the video, "You guys are f------ savage. Let’s go!"

"There are so many people," Sullivan’s voice can be heard saying as the camera shows a large group of people making its way toward the building. "Let’s go. This s--- is ours! F-- yeah. I can’t believe this is reality."

"We accomplished this s---," he said at another point "We did this together. F--- yeah! We are all a part of this history."

© Copyright Original Source

Along with almost a hundred rightwing extremists.

I said early on you night find some that have been found at left wing demonstrations there. Some people just like seeing the world burn.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Along with almost a hundred rightwing extremists.

I said early on you night find some that have been found at left wing demonstrations there. Some people just like seeing the world burn.
      "Found at"? Sheesh, talk about minimizing....
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Comment

Well it shows that the claim that there were some leftwing agitators there as true. Although most of the claims I have saw were ridiculous attempts to claim the guys in the photos at Pelosi's desk, the buffalo guy, and the guy sitting in the vice presidents chair were antifa. They weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Well it shows that the claim that there were some leftwing agitators there as true. Although most of the claims I have saw were ridiculous attempts to claim the guys in the photos at Pelosi's desk, the buffalo guy, and the guy sitting in the vice presidents chair were antifa. They weren't.
          How would you like to be known, for the rest of your life, as "the Buffalo guy"?
          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

How would you like to be known, for the rest of your life, as "the Buffalo guy"?
            Well...he should've thought about that before wearing that outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Well...he should've thought about that before wearing that outfit.
              ALL of those people should have been conscious of the fact that everybody has a camera these days.

I am SO GLAD that camera phones and social media did not exist when I was a young person living in rebellion.

Comment

I can't wait for Halloween this year. Pretty sure he is going to be a popular costume.

Comment

ALL of those people should have been conscious of the fact that everybody has a camera these days.

I am SO GLAD that camera phones and social media did not exist when I was a young person living in rebellion.
                  They filmed themselves then posted it online.

At work, when we have a new case, the first thing they have me do is scrape all of the social media accounts of the people involved, because people are idiots and routinely post (publicly) their antics.

Comment

"Found at"? Sheesh, talk about minimizing....
                    The instigators and participants are almost all conservative extemists, white militia members, white supremacists, neo nazi's, anti-semites and the like. It is what is it, and the facts are what they are.
                    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Comment

The instigators and participants are almost all conservative extemists, white militia members, white supremacists, neo nazi's, anti-semites and the like. It is what is it, and the facts are what they are.
                      Which I have very consistently condemned - ALL violence - including the violence in Oregon where you were on the other side attacking the federal officers who were sent in to protect federal property against the leftist anarchists.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

They filmed themselves then posted it online.

At work, when we have a new case, the first thing they have me do is scrape all of the social media accounts of the people involved, because people are idiots and routinely post (publicly) their antics.
                        yep - they do. And it has a cost. In this case it will have a very high cost for some. But that is the price one pays for participation in an insurrection.

Keeping in mind that in most other countries where this sort of event occurs, the majority of them would all be dead, the president would likely be dead or in a dungeon, and the congressman, policeman, and others in government that helped them would all be awaiting execution.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-15-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

yep - they do. And it has a cost. In this case it will have a very high cost for some. But that is the price one pays for participation in an insurrection.

Keeping in mind that in most other countries where this sort of even occurs, the majority of them would all be dead.
                          Is this what you want, Jim? That all of the people who were involved in this be killed?

Comment

I've been call worse.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Which I have very consistently condemned - ALL violence - including the violence in Oregon where you were on the other side attacking the federal officers who were sent in to protect federal property against the leftist anarchists.
                              I never excused violence. And I didn't 'attack' the federal officers. You characterization of my comments as excusing violence and 'attacking the officers' is simply false. I support law enforcement to the extent they are not breaking the law or being abusive based on race - which AFAIK is most of them.

I did point out and speak against the excessive force being used by those officers in Portland specifically, provoking more violence from the protestors. Here we have protests against the use of excessive force against black people by law enforcement that is countered by ... law enforcement using excessive force against the protestors, many of them black people!

It was simply a fact. In point of fact - the heavy handed approach by the president against them, and as deployed in the BLM protests in DC recently, stands in stark contrast and relief against the near complete absence of any law enforcement presence ahead of the 1/6 Trump supporter event - in spite of wide spread internet chatter about exactly what happened.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-15-2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment