Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe's Big Speech Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The "stink" of saying that other countries should also do the same? Or the "stink" of that since he said it just MUST be bad because OMB?
    The stench of Trump's incoherence, disgrace, and arrogance. Obviously, he didn't mean America First, even for us, because he failed to even manufacture his OWN products.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
      Someone forgot Trump and GOP calling into question the legitimacy of Obama's presidency. =/ "NOT MY PRESIDENT!" =P
      You mean the theory that Hillary Clinton's campaign brought to the forefront? One that Obama himself planted the seeds for in an attempt to gain some "street cred." The one that few people took seriously unlike the Russian collusion delusion, also largely orchestrated by Hillary who with the fake "Steele Dossier" that was concocted at her bequest at the center of it all.

And someone is omitting 8 years of "selected not elected" wrt George W. Bush. Ironic considering how the MSM attempted to sabotage the election in Florida by calling the state for Gore while the polls were still open in the panhandle (which is in a different time zone than the peninsula) and due to the number of military bases there, is heavily Republican. There were numerous stories of people standing in line waiting to vote who simply left when it was announced that Gore had won. And then, of course, the Gore campaign tried to get overseas military ballots thrown out as well

It was just a few Palestinians, just like it was just a few dolts storming the capitol yelling "Hang Mike Pence."
      It was far more than just a few. That's why Arafat and his goons were in such a panic when videos of the celebrations started circulating.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The "stink" of saying that other countries should also do the same? Or the "stink" of that since he said it just MUST be bad because OMB?
        The stench of Trump's incoherence, disgrace, and arrogance. Obviously, he didn't mean America First, even for us, because he failed to even manufacture his OWN products.
        The latter. Got it

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The latter. Got it
          Yes, OMB because he whined about US manufacturing then failed to even manufacture his own wares.

Comment

Yes, OMB because he whined about US manufacturing then failed to even manufacture his own wares.
            That's interesting, because he's either attacked for being POTUS and still having influence over his companies, or, wait -- he's POTUS and he's NOT having influence over his companies.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You mean the theory that Hillary Clinton's campaign brought to the forefront? One that Obama himself planted the seeds for in an attempt to gain some "street cred." The one that few people took seriously unlike the Russian collusion delusion, also largely orchestrated by Hillary who with the fake "Steele Dossier" that was concocted at her bequest at the center of it all.
              Yes, the one in which Obama’s opponent slandered him, like Trump who slandered Ted Cruz for election fraud and having a dad who killed JFK. =)
              Imagine the streed cred Trump could have earned without bone spurs excuse. =)

And someone is omitting 8 years of "selected not elected" wrt George W. Bush.
              No I’m not, and it’s not surprising since GOP dragged us into another war founded on what they knew to be faulty intelligence.

Ironic considering how the MSM attempted to sabotage the election in Florida by calling the state for Gore while the polls were still open in the panhandle (which is in a different time zone than the peninsula) and due to the number of military bases there, is heavily Republican.
              Ironic considering Trump realized the mail-in voting might skew democratic and began (a little too late) disparaging that form of voting as open to fraud.

There were numerous stories of people standing in line waiting to vote who simply left when it was announced that Gore had won. And then, of course, the Gore campaign tried to get overseas military ballots thrown out as well
              Numerous stories? You sound like Melissa Carone. Show how the evidence was presented to Supreme Court and how dissent responded to that evidence.

Then tell me if you'd like "numerous stories" of GOP obstructing democratic vote.

It was far more than just a few. That's why Arafat and his goons were in such a panic when videos of the celebrations started circulating.
              That’s why Trumpets are in such a panic about capital siege circulating. Best to drop that line of argument.

Comment

No I’m not, and it’s not surprising since GOP dragged us into another war founded on what they knew to be faulty intelligence.
                You mean the same faulty intelligence they knew was false that the Clintons were also saying was accurate? That numerous foreign intelligence agencies were also saying were true?

Ironic considering Trump realized the mail-in voting might skew democratic and began (a little too late) disparaging that form of voting as open to fraud.
                Given that there really is no way to check for fraud he was right to disparage it.

For just one instance, you send four ballots to a house for the parents and their two kids and the father gathers up the ballots, fills them out and sends them back in because he didn't trust the rest of the family to vote "the right way." I bring this up because, according to his son, that is exactly what one of my good friends did.

Numerous stories? You sound like Melissa Carone. Show how the evidence was presented to Supreme Court and how dissent responded to that evidence.
                Floundering flailing hand waving attempt at dismissal duly noted. For instance, according to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights report on "Voting Irregularities in Florida During the 2000 Presidential Election":

U.S. Congress, Senate, Committee on Governmental Affairs, Federal Elections, Testimony of Daniel B. Perrin, executive director, Committee for Honest Politics, Federal Document Clearing House, Inc., May 3, 2001; Jim Abrams, “No Intentional Bias in Early Calls,” AP Online, Feb. 8, 2001. Florida’s panhandle is located in the Central time zone, while the remaining portions of the state are in the Eastern time zone. Nevertheless, the CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, and CNN networks made announcements that erroneously stated or implied that Florida’s election was concluded at 6 p.m. Central time. As a result, there have been several accounts indicating that a number of western Florida voters in the panhandle did not vote during the evening of November 7, because they assumed their polling locations would not be open until the scheduled closing time of 7 p.m. Central time.

And local TV stations showed people leaving polling places without voting because they figured it wouldn't matter. In an election decided by 300 votes that had a profound effect.

And there were actually a study indicating that the early calling of Florida may have depressed Republican turnout in other states since it was widely regarded as necessary for Bush to take Florida to win. It found that late voting in some Republican districts dropped noticeably after the call was made that Gore won in Florida.

That’s why Trumpets are in such a panic about capital siege circulating. Best to drop that line of argument.
                Bizarre non sequitur also duly noted

Comment

You mean the same faulty intelligence they knew was false that the Clintons were also saying was accurate? That numerous foreign intelligence agencies were also saying were true?

Both parties were to blame, but Bush GOP led the charge and Cheney gained financially. Here's the VP at the time doing the hard sell:

The clearest example of stretching the intelligence concerned Saddam Hussein’s links to al-Qaeda and by extension the 9/11 attacks, which were thin and nonexistent — but which the Bush administration suggested were deeply suspicious.
                  Cheney especially banged the drum of a possible link, long after the intelligence was discredited. The Post reported in 2003:
                  In making the case for war against Iraq, Vice President Cheney has continued to suggest that an Iraqi intelligence agent met with a Sept. 11, 2001, hijacker five months before the attacks, even as the story was falling apart under scrutiny by the FBI, CIA and the foreign government that first made the allegation.

Given that there really is no way to check for fraud he was right to disparage it.

The “stable genius” president couldn’t think of a way to fix this when it supposedly threatened his 2nd term? His only option was disparaging tweets, not weekly public addresses on the crisis?

It's almost like he imposed limits on his own free speech. =)

For just one instance, you send four ballots to a house for the parents and their two kids and the father gathers up the ballots, fills them out and sends them back in because he didn't trust the rest of the family to vote "the right way." I bring this up because, according to his son, that is exactly what one of my good friends did.

Your “good friends” forged signatures and committed election fraud? Tell me more.

Also Trump voted by mail, so his recorded faith in the process counters his last-minute attempt to flame process.

Floundering flailing hand waving attempt at dismissal duly noted. For instance, according to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights report on "Voting Irregularities in Florida During the 2000 Presidential Election":

U.S. Congress, Senate, Committee on Governmental Affairs, Federal Elections, Testimony of Daniel B. Perrin, executive director, Committee for Honest Politics, Federal Document Clearing House, Inc., May 3, 2001; Jim Abrams, “No Intentional Bias in Early Calls,” AP Online, Feb. 8, 2001. Florida’s panhandle is located in the Central time zone, while the remaining portions of the state are in the Eastern time zone. Nevertheless, the CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, and CNN networks made announcements that erroneously stated or implied that Florida’s election was concluded at 6 p.m. Central time. As a result, there have been several accounts indicating that a number of western Florida voters in the panhandle did not vote during the evening of November 7, because they assumed their polling locations would not be open until the scheduled closing time of 7 p.m. Central time.

And local TV stations showed people leaving polling places without voting because they figured it wouldn't matter. In an election decided by 300 votes that had a profound effect.

And there were actually a study indicating that the early calling of Florida may have depressed Republican turnout in other states since it was widely regarded as necessary for Bush to take Florida to win. It found that late voting in some Republican districts dropped noticeably after the call was made that Gore won in Florida.

Yeah, it's almost like the party that always loses the general election could have have brought this issue to the fore.

Last edited by whag; 01-17-2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That's interesting, because he's either attacked for being POTUS and still having influence over his companies, or, wait -- he's POTUS and he's NOT having influence over his companies.
                    Given that he just begged for a final epic backlash, I doubt he would have cared about that particular attack. His most famous troll is a tweet about buying Greenland and subsequent photo of Trump Tower in said country.

Creating some shirt and mug factories to create jobs and thumb nose at China would've have been a doddle.

Comment

Given that he just begged for a final epic backlash, I doubt he would have cared about that particular attack. His most famous troll is a tweet about buying Greenland and subsequent photo of Trump Tower in said country.

Creating some shirt and mug factories to create jobs and thumb nose at China would've have been a doddle.
                      Does your momma still wear combat boots?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Does your momma still wear combat boots?
                        hahaha No, but she wielded a wicked wooden spoon. =)

Comment

hahaha No, but she wielded a wicked wooden spoon. =)
                          I actually said that to a guy once - does your momma wear combat boots? - and he pulled out a picture of his Marine Lt. Col. Momma who did, indeed, wear combat boots.

Comment

I actually said that to a guy once - does your momma wear combat boots? - and he pulled out a picture of his Marine Lt. Col. Momma who did, indeed, wear combat boots.
                            There was also a poster here, the one who boasted of how he walked alone in the dark, who got so upset when you jokingly said "your momma wears combat boots" that he threatened to come down to Texas (from Michigan IIRC) to beat you up

Comment

There was also a poster here, the one who boasted of how he walked alone in the dark, who got so upset when you jokingly said "your momma wears combat boots" that he threatened to come down to Texas (from Michigan IIRC) to beat you up
                              Ah, yes, those were the days!

And I want to get into that...

Comment

Ah, yes, those were the days!

And I want to get into that...
                                Grow thread, grow.

Comment