Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe's Big Speech Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe's Big Speech Tonight

Watching it now....

He starts off sounding and looking angry, typically stumbling through his speech, then it's almost like he ran our of steam, and is speaking in a normal voice.

I'll try to post it here when it's available. But I DID notice --- he's really talking up "America First" without realizing he's doing that.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Watching it now....

He starts off sounding and looking angry, typically stumbling through his speech, then it's almost like he ran our of steam, and is speaking in a normal voice.

I'll try to post it here when it's available. But I DID notice --- he's really talking up "America First" without realizing he's doing that.
    So very much of his stated policies has been what Trump had been doing or saying

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Watching it now....

"America first" is implied, since no POTUS is gonna say otherwise. I think Biden didn't embrace the phrase because it's rude. There's a lack of decorum in saying America First, I'm sure you'd agree!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        So very much of his stated policies has been what Trump had been doing or saying
        And I have to wonder what his lefties think about it.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And I have to wonder what his lefties think about it.
          I believe that most statesmen, in having to serve special interests for financing, will have to do that. Is there a gotcha here? What's so interesting about my lefty opinion on Cornpop having overlapping interests with Trump's?

Do you mean an extremely brainwashed lefty, like the inverse of knuckle-dragging GOP bigot? In that case, I don't qualify. I'm of the the belief (that I see you mention a lot) that all politicians are at their base evil, the evil of two lessers. All politicians must make moral concessions, lie and cheat, have big ego, etc. I thought that's what the phrase meant.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

"America first" is implied, since no POTUS is gonna say otherwise. I think Biden didn't embrace the phrase because it's rude. There's a lack of decorum in saying America First, I'm sure you'd agree!
            Why is it rude? American presidents should place America ahead of anywhere else as a priority. First place. This country historically sends far too much money overseas while we have problems that need to be addressed here at home.

Comment

I listened to the first half of the speech and shut it off. Spend, spend, spend. Where is this money coming from? Either new taxes or future hyper-inflation.

Biden acts like bumping up this $2k stimulus handout is going to save everyone. It's not. It will be gone in a month ... then what? States have to stop these insane lockdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

When Trump used the phrase he often made the point that people living in other countries ought to have the same sort of philosophy. The French should be wanting to put France first, Finns ought to be striving to put Finland first, Mexicans should be thinking about putting Mexico first etc. That isn't rude. It's just common sense.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When Trump used the phrase he often made the point that people living in other countries ought to have the same sort of philosophy. The French should be wanting to put France first, Finns ought to be striving to put Finland first, Mexicans should be thinking about putting Mexico first etc. That isn't rude. It's just common sense.
                  That’s what every country including US does, has done and will continue to do going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    Biden acts like bumping up this $2k stimulus handout is going to save everyone. It's not. It will be gone in a month ... then what? States have to stop these insane lockdowns.
                    My current job has given me firsthand experience with how people respond to being given "free" money, and I can tell you for a fact that it does not lift them out of poverty or have any lasting positive impact on their lives. The second the money runs out, they are either right back where they started or even worse off than they were before.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Common sense is antithetical to liberalism.

Comment

EGGzackly --- while I care about other families in my sphere of influence, my PRIMARY responsibility is to my own immediate family.

Comment

EGGzackly --- while I care about other families in my sphere of influence, my PRIMARY responsibility is to my own immediate family.
                          I would go even further and say that it would be immoral to deprive the needs of your own family in order to care for a stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I would go even further and say that it would be immoral to deprive the needs of your own family in order to care for a stranger.
                            Hey, the Bible even mentions something like that!!!

Scripture Verse: 1 Tim 5:8

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

That’s what every country including US does, has done and will continue to do going forward.
                              Exactly. And it's not rude to say so.

Comment