Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House impeaches Trump again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Our Founding Fathers were also under no illusion that the Constitution would serve as a restraint to people who had lost all sense of reason. As John Adams famously said, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Rogue, quit taking over MM's account!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
      Does anyone have a link to President Trump's speech that some say started the riot at the Capitol in his own words. All I can find is links to what someone else says he said. Thanks.
      here is a full transcript: https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...s-capitol-riot

It does not include the speeches by others before him that we more incendiary, more directly calling for violence.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

here is a full transcript: https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...s-capitol-riot

It does not include the speeches by others before him that we more incendiary, more directly calling for violence.
        So much gold in that speech, but here are my favs:

"For years, Democrats have gotten away with election fraud and weak Republicans.​​​​​[​​..]But we look at the facts and our election was so corrupt that in the history of this country we’ve never seen anything like it. You can go all the way back."

Wouldn't Trump be to blame if that were true? Trump had four years to fix electronic voting despite his repeated "concern" about fraud going back to 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

"For years, Democrats have gotten away with election fraud and weak Republicans.​​​​​[​​..]But we look at the facts and our election was so corrupt that in the history of this country we’ve never seen anything like it. You can go all the way back."

Wouldn't Trump be to blame if that were true? Trump had four years to fix electronic voting despite his repeated "concern" about fraud going back to 2015.
          Well, not when you are counting on accusations of election fraud to ensure you win regardless of the actual outcome. How could he do that if he had actually worked to fix any potential problems?

Not sure he's actually smart enough to have had such a plan in 2015, but it clearly came to him in the months preceding the election.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Where's the incitement in this?
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Give a link to the other speeches.

The timeline is bothering me.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

Give a link to the other speeches.

The timeline is bothering me.
                !

Are you unable to look them up yourself?

Comment

"And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore."
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    "And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore."
                    Followed by:

"So we are going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue — I love Pennsylvania Avenue — and we are going to the Capitol. And we are going to try and give — the Democrats are hopeless, they are never voting for anything, not even one vote — but we are going to try to give our Republicans — the weak ones because the strong ones don’t need any of our help — going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country. So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue."
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Followed by:

"So we are going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue — I love Pennsylvania Avenue — and we are going to the Capitol. And we are going to try and give — the Democrats are hopeless, they are never voting for anything, not even one vote — but we are going to try to give our Republicans — the weak ones because the strong ones don’t need any of our help — going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country. So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue."
                      So the end game was GOP seeing the turnout, changing their minds, and forcing Pence to overturn election?

Comment

Same rhetoric we'd hear at a football game.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Same rhetoric we'd hear at a football game.
                          Yea fight doesn't quite say "go invade the capital building."

"My assistant coach is a coward and will rig the score against us." That adds another layer of drama. Hehe

I like how sons Don Jr. and Eric politically threatened GOP to change their minds even though they knew that too would be impossible and achieve nothing.

Comment

Yea fight doesn't quite say "go invade the capital building."
                            Correct - you're saying Trump said that?

"My assistant coach is a coward and will rig the score against us." That adds another layer of drama. Hehe
                            When will you get it that I think Trump has been a boob, and had REPEATEDLY expressed a desire that somebody take his Twitter account from him?

I like how sons Don Jr. and Eric politically threatened GOP to change their minds even though they knew that too would be impossible and achieve nothing.
                            I don't.

Comment

Correct - you're saying Trump said that?
                              No. I said the word "fight" doesn't equate with direct orders.

Did he ask to be impeached again? Absolutely, in fanning the flames of extremism and embarrassing the GOP even further.

It's all very objective. I'm like you. I really don't care anymore. He's a nuclear bomb of apathy and hopelessness, so I'm out. =)

When will you get it that I think Trump has been a boob, and had REPEATEDLY expressed a desire that somebody take his Twitter account from him?

I know I know. I just wanted to add context and humor to your football analogy. =)

Comment

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun"
                                - Barack Obama

Comment