Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

AOC...inciting an insurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOC...inciting an insurrection?

She then pointed to "multi-racial" and "multi-cultural" grassroots organization in Georgia that led to Democrats taking control of the Senate as a sign that "southern states are not red states, they are suppressed states."

"Which means the only way that our country's going to heal is through the actual liberation of southern states, Ocasio-Cortez explained to her 8.3 million Instagram followers, "the actual liberation of the poor, the actual liberation of working people from economic, social, and racial oppression. That's the only way."

Nobody thinks that saying states must be liberated isn't a call for violence or insurrection?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
      Nobody thinks that saying states must be liberated isn't a call for violence or insurrection?
      D0E87367-62DE-42C4-BE60-4D609DD9FA88.jpeg

Comment

She then pointed to "multi-racial" and "multi-cultural" grassroots organization in Georgia that led to Democrats taking control of the Senate as a sign that "southern states are not red states, they are suppressed states."

"Which means the only way that our country's going to heal is through the actual liberation of southern states, Ocasio-Cortez explained to her 8.3 million Instagram followers, "the actual liberation of the poor, the actual liberation of working people from economic, social, and racial oppression. That's the only way."
        Let's not forget the infographic she posted online which provides tips to those engaged in rioting and looting to evade arrest such as wearing "nondescript, solid color layered clothing; cover identifying tattoos"

You want "nondescript, solid color" clothes so that it is easier to blend in with the crowd and don't stand out. And during the heat of the summer recommending that someone should wear layered clothing is very odd unless they find it necessary to ditch the outer layer because they need to hide. And of course why would a peaceful protester need to "cover identifying tattoos"? Only a tiny fraction of those at the "mostly peaceful" protests were ever stopped much less arrested by police who were largely ordered to stand down. Only those engaged in violent behavior had to be concerned about concealing tattoos that could be used to identify them - like the masked arsonist who burned down the Wendy's restaurant in Atlanta (after Rayshard Brooks was shot near it after fighting with police and pointing a handgun-shaped taser at police) was identified by her tattoos.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It is truly mind blowing that the primary responses to Trump's treachery and sedition are truly brain dead attempts at whataboutism. There is no president or congressman this century or last that can top your boy's show of treason and sedition last Wednesday. It might be in your best interests to get of this train. It's about to go off a cliff.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

It is truly mind blowing that the primary responses to Trump's treachery and sedition are truly brain dead attempts at whataboutism. There is no president or congressman this century or last that can top your boy's show of treason and sedition last Wednesday. It might be in your best interests to get of this train. It's about to go off a cliff.
            I like how he asks if exhortation to “liberate” is the incitement of violence, forgetting Trump did just that three times.

Comment

Looks like you are engaging in "whataboutism" here, since this thread doesn't appear to be about Trump. Yet here you are, bringing up your bias. Again.

oh, and, btw, your second last sentence sounds an awful lot like a threat.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

If you want to be off topic, go away. Otherwise address the topic.

Comment

"Actual liberation".... my, that sounds like a call to armed liberation of states from their respective governments. Inciting violence and sedition by current standards I believe.
                  Last edited by Gondwanaland; 01-13-2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Hm, looks like you're the one with whataboutisms in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

"Actual liberation".... by that sounds like a call to armed liberation of states from their respective governments. Inciting violence and sedition by current standards I believe.
                      84B76ABC-6756-464A-A665-80A803B4A8E4.jpeg

Comment

I'm unsure what your copypasta is supposed to signify to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Looks like you are engaging in "whataboutism" here, since this thread doesn't appear to be about Trump. Yet here you are, bringing up your bias. Again.

oh, and, btw, your second last sentence sounds an awful lot like a threat.
                          Really? This thread isn't about that other guy? that is really cute. So what's the deal now. Whataboutism threads targetting defenses for other actors actions - but not explicitly mentioning said action or actor - and then anyone making the correlation is guilty of 'not staying on topic'?

I see that honesty is no longer a valued commodity here. Maybe it never was.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-13-2021, 11:14 AM.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

If you want to be off topic, go away. Otherwise address the topic.
                            Oh - I have no interest in playing your game wrt whataboutism and the unmentionable name in this thread. And you have every right to set conditions, so you'll not hear me mention the name again in this thread - If I have reason to post anything else in it.

You might want to change your handle though - it's increasingly clear you are - in fact - NOT interested in civil discourse.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-13-2021, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

I like how he asks if exhortation to “liberate” is the incitement of violence, forgetting Trump did just that three times.
                              That whistling sound you hear is the point going over your head.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment