Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump is going down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump is going down

Senator Mitch McConnell is said to believe that the impeachment effort will make it easier to purge President Trump from the party. And Representative Kevin McCarthy has asked other Republicans whether he should call on Mr. Trump to resign in the aftermath of the Capitol siege.
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01...25th-amendment

But the kicker is that Liz Cheney, the third ranked Republican in the House, announced she will vote for impeachment, along with several others. I assume more will follow her lead.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...dment-n1253873

Trump's support in Congress is rapidly eroding. They realize he is an albatross and would damage the party even more in the coming years. The leadership is obviously looking to cut those ties.

Will this split the current Republican party into separate factions, resulting in in a centrist Republican Party, and a separate, radical RW party devoted to Trump and Q-Anon?

Originally posted by kccd View Post

But the kicker is that Liz Cheney, the third ranked Republican in the House, announced she will vote for impeachment, along with several others. I assume more will follow her lead.

Trump's support in Congress is rapidly eroding. They realize he is an albatross and would damage the party even more in the coming years. The leadership is obviously looking to cut those ties.

Will this split the current Republican party into separate factions, resulting in in a centrist Republican Party, and a separate, radical RW party devoted to Trump and Q-Anon?
    It won't be an even split. 20 percent of Trump voters who realize they've been conned will peel away from Trump-poisoned Republican party. And with voting now viewed as illegitimate (even though Trump had 4 years to fix it), they won't be winning any elections for the foreseeable future.

The wonderful irony is that if they do vote and win, they'll have invalidated their supreme leader's claim that elections are easily rigged to the tune of millions.

Comment

Unsurprising. Cheney is a pawn of the military complex. She wants a warmonger to take over

Nah. There's just no reason to either fight or whine anymore since it is all over. At least for the next couple of years.

I hope it will result in a strong libertarian Republican Party.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Unsurprising. Cheney is a pawn of the military complex. She wants a warmonger to take over

Nah. There's just no reason to either fight or whine anymore since it is all over. At least for the next couple of years.

Um, you voted for that warmonger, If I'm mistaken and you voted for Gore and Kerry, I apologize in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Um, you voted for that warmonger, If I'm mistaken and you voted for Gore and Kerry, I apologize in advance.
          That's Liz Cheney, not Dick Cheney.

And I'm a Libertarian.

Comment

That's Liz Cheney, not Dick Cheney.

And I'm a Libertarian.
            I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

I apologize.
              No problem

Comment

Libertarian, meaning what?

Government that only deals with military, and otherwise, everyone is on their own?

Did you vote for GWB/Cheney?

Comment

Libertarian, meaning what?
                  It's a party that presents its own candidates.

Government that only deals with military, and otherwise, everyone is on their own?
                  Huh?

Did you vote for GWB/Cheney?
                  Honestly, I do not remember how I voted in 2000. I know I didn't vote for blockhead Gore.

I voted Libertarian in 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016. I voted for Trump in 2020.

Comment

What did I get wrong?

Trump was impeached, the first time a President has been impeached twice. And he only had one term!

He has lost some Republican support, with 10 House Republicans voting to impeach, and Mitch McConnell saying he is considering voting for impeachment!

Teleprompter Trump just made yet another speech decrying violence that sounds like a hostage video.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but Republicans who support Trump are losing donors, Trump's businesses are losing business, and Trump has lost his Twitter voice.

The hope that he and his grifter family fade away from public view is unlikely as there will be charges and lawsuits aplenty splayed across the front pages of all media outlets.

Comment

What did I get wrong?

Trump was impeached, the first time a President has been impeached twice. And he only had one term!

He has lost some Republican support, with 10 House Republicans voting to impeach, and Mitch McConnell saying he is considering voting for impeachment!

Teleprompter Trump just made yet another speech decrying violence that sounds like a hostage video.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but Republicans who support Trump are losing donors, Trump's businesses are losing business, and Trump has lost his Twitter voice.

The hope that he and his grifter family fade away from public view is unlikely as there will be charges and lawsuits aplenty splayed across the front pages of all media outlets.
                      Mitch can't vote for impeachment - that's one of things you got wrong. He CAN vote for removal, because he's in the Senate, but the House has already impeached Trump. Again.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment