Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

ARMED protest are planned in all 50 state capitals and DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Let's ask firstfloor if he found my humorous comment offensive. If he says yes, then it's a strike. If he says no, then it's a ball.
    I'm doing what I can to keep things civil. The track record in civics is poor MM - e.g the thread asking if it should be shut down. So I'm watching for potential fires. If I'm mistaken, so be it. This line of discussion however is over - thanks for accepting that and not pusuing it further.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Zara View Post
      He claimed on multiple occasions that the fraud (there was no fraud) ...
      There was fraud. Most everyone acknowledges that. There just wasn't enough evidence for the courts to be satisfied it was widespread enough to affect the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Zara View Post

Gems like this? "The Republicans have to get tougher. You're not going to have a Republican party if you don't get tougher. They want to play so straight; they want to play so serious the United States, the Constitution doesn't allow me to send them back to the states. Well, I would say yes, it does because the Constitution says you have to protect our country, and you have to protect our Constitution, and you can't vote on fraud, and fraud breaks up everything, doesn't it? When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules. So I hope Mike has the courage to do what he has to do, and I hope he doesn't listen to the RINOs and the stupid people that he's listening to."

He claimed on multiple occasions that the fraud (there was no fraud) was an existential threat to the US, before concluding that "something is really wrong, can't have happened and we fight, we fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore."

Trump's false narrative is an existential threat to the US, especially when used to unleash mobs.
        If that's incitement, most every politician would be in handcuffs. Remember Mr. Barack "If They Bring A Knife To The Fight, We Bring A Gun" Obama? LAWL

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

If that's incitement, most every politician would be in handcuffs. Remember Mr. Barack "If They Bring A Knife To The Fight, We Bring A Gun" Obama? LAWL
          Depends on who one is talking to. There is no way Giulianni, Trump et al didn't know this was headed to violence. It's that simple. It's clearly what they wanted - especially when one factors in trump in the White House watching with glee and refusing to be bothered with trifles like ordering in support for those besieged by the mob.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

There was fraud. Most everyone acknowledges that. There just wasn't enough evidence for the courts to be satisfied it was widespread enough to affect the election.
            In every election, there is fraud. The interesting thing is Donald Trump highlighted possible widespread U.S. election fraud even before his candidacy. Funny thing is, he forgot to do anything about it during his term and complains about the steal. Most hilarious self own in modern political history.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

That would be an exaggeration. In most cases there wasn't enough legitimate evidence to keep them from being laughed out of the court room.

As for some fraud. There is bound to be some anomalies in any event involving millions. Taking those all the way to fraud requires some work, and if the sum total of all the anomalies are stiil in the noise, the only people that care enough to do that work are people that are paranoid or obsessed.

There needs to be evidence of a problem big enough to have some reasonable expectation it could have affected the result. Anything else is just wasting everyone's time, or as in this case, fodder for creating unrest and doubt and fomenting chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

What's the weather like in mother Russia?
                Last edited by Zara; 01-12-2021, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

the problem is when someone characterizes someone as a terrorist when they aren't. Then its a convenient way to eliminate those you wish. Similar to the way Nazis characterized Jews as evil in order to justify eliminating them.

I will mark you down as supporting shutting down civcs. Thanks.
                  Who is unfairly being characterized as a terrorist?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Destruction. In both cases.
                    Destruction of what? The violent mob involved in the insurrection was not in any way primarily motivated by destruction of property, but anarchists are.

Protesters.

[/quote]

How can you know whether or not someone is a BLM protestor or an anarchist?

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Depends on who one is talking to.
                      No, it does not. And Obama was talking to his supporters, just like Trump. So spare us the baloney and hypocrisy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post

What's the weather like in mother Russia?
                        Couldn't manage to come up with an actual response, huh? Pathetic. But then that's what we'd expect from a Communist China supporter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Couldn't manage to come up with an actual response, huh? Pathetic. But then that's what we'd expect from a Communist China supporter.
                          What was that commie, did you say something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                            No, it does not. And Obama was talking to his supporters, just like Trump. So spare us the baloney and hypocrisy.
                            The rule in this thread is be civil or go argue somewhere else.

You only get one warning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post

What was that commie, did you say something?
                              I want the focus in this thread the subject matter, not the person posting - ok? Disagreement is fine, but no derogatory comments about the person writing the post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

When you say "the courts", you mean individual judges who never let any of the cases go to trial where the evidence could have a full and fair hearing.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment