Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

ARMED protest are planned in all 50 state capitals and DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I know, but I actually like you, and can always hope you'll come around.
    Unlike most trolls, firstfloor has just enough wit and occasional flashes of insight that I haven't entirely given up on him.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

He'd probably be blocked by the MSM
      Given his first response to the insurrection was 'we love and you are great people but now it's time to go home' (close approximation)

The MSM would be very, very right to be careful about putting him on the air without knowing what he was about to say. At the very least it would need to be on a 5 minute delay loop so if he went nuts they could cut it off before sufficient context for the nutty words went out over the airwaves.

Trump is a very, very dangerous man right now Ronson.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Unlike most trolls, firstfloor has just enough wit and occasional flashes of insight that I haven't entirely given up on him.
        That would be strike one in your parlance MM. I don't want people drifting into negative comments about those posting. Depending on how severe, I may or may not give you a strike two ... . Your opinions about the situation are welcome even if I disagree. Any negative opinions about the people posting in this thread are not.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

CP - even positive opinions of people in the thread can open the door for negative ones by taking the conversation towards opinions about the people posting and not the topic. So I'm not exactly 'warning' you, you're not being mean or anything, but I would really like to avoid drifting into comments about the people posting.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

CP - even positive opinions of people in the thread can open the door for negative ones by taking the conversation towards opinions about the people posting and not the topic. So I'm not exactly 'warning' you, you're not being mean or anything, but I would really like to avoid drifting into comments about the people posting.

Thanks.
            First Floor and I go way back.... he loves aggravating me, and I give it right back, and he takes it in stride. Please stop trying to see animosity where there is none.

Thanks
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Seriously CP, and it distresses me, I have never seen you as lost as you are now. I stand at the centre of things and I am a signpost for anyone seeking to come in from the cold.

These are alternate universes and you really don’t want to end up trapped in the wrong one.

Remember that the golfing fraternity are on the side of the angels.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Seriously CP, and it distresses me, I have never seen you as lost as you are now. I stand at the centre of things and I am a signpost for anyone seeking to come in from the cold.

These are alternate universes and you really don’t want to end up trapped in the wrong one.

Remember that the golfing fraternity are on the side of the angels.
                I'll refrain from arguing with you on this because I don't want to provoke you-know-who.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'll refrain from arguing with you on this because I don't want to provoke you-know-who.
                  Fair enough.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

First Floor and I go way back.... he loves aggravating me, and I give it right back, and he takes it in stride. Please stop trying to see animosity where there is none.

Thanks
                    CP - read what I said again. I explicitly said "even positive opinions of people" and "you're not being mean or anything". Your interactions with starlight are almost always lighthearted. But many people are not.

I'm going to leave it at that, I hope you will too.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-12-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

CP - read what I said again. I explicitly said "even positive opinions of people" and "you're not being mean or anything". Your interactions with starlight are almost always lighthearted. But many people are not.

I'm going to leave it at that, I hope you will too.
                      Jim - I've been trying to steer clear of you, and I really don't understand this... um.... it had absolutely nothing to do with you.

Comment

Given his first response to the insurrection was 'we love and you are great people but now it's time to go home' (close approximation)

The MSM would be very, very right to be careful about putting him on the air without knowing what he was about to say. At the very least it would need to be on a 5 minute delay loop so if he went nuts they could cut it off before sufficient context for the nutty words went out over the airwaves.

Trump is a very, very dangerous man right now Ronson.
                        I just watched most of a live feed of Trump on Youtube today. There's nothing dangerous about what he's saying. Just the usual stuff he's been saying since November.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I just watched most of a live feed of Trump on Youtube today. There's nothing dangerous about what he's saying. Just the usual stuff he's been saying since November.
                          Gems like this? "The Republicans have to get tougher. You're not going to have a Republican party if you don't get tougher. They want to play so straight; they want to play so serious the United States, the Constitution doesn't allow me to send them back to the states. Well, I would say yes, it does because the Constitution says you have to protect our country, and you have to protect our Constitution, and you can't vote on fraud, and fraud breaks up everything, doesn't it? When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules. So I hope Mike has the courage to do what he has to do, and I hope he doesn't listen to the RINOs and the stupid people that he's listening to."

He claimed on multiple occasions that the fraud (there was no fraud) was an existential threat to the US, before concluding that "something is really wrong, can't have happened and we fight, we fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore."

Trump's false narrative is an existential threat to the US, especially when used to unleash mobs.
                          Last edited by Zara; 01-12-2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

That would be strike one in your parlance MM. I don't want people drifting into negative comments about those posting. Depending on how severe, I may or may not give you a strike two ... . Your opinions about the situation are welcome even if I disagree. Any negative opinions about the people posting in this thread are not.
                            Let's ask firstfloor if he found my humorous comment offensive. If he says yes, then it's a strike. If he says no, then it's a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              I stand at the centre of things and I am a signpost for anyone seeking to come in from the cold.
                              Sorry, that position is already filled by Jesus, but he's always ready to take on a new student.

Comment

Originally posted by Zara View Post

Gems like this? "The Republicans have to get tougher. You're not going to have a Republican party if you don't get tougher. They want to play so straight; they want to play so serious the United States, the Constitution doesn't allow me to send them back to the states. Well, I would say yes, it does because the Constitution says you have to protect our country, and you have to protect our Constitution, and you can't vote on fraud, and fraud breaks up everything, doesn't it? When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules. So I hope Mike has the courage to do what he has to do, and I hope he doesn't listen to the RINOs and the stupid people that he's listening to."

He claimed on multiple occasions that the fraud (there was no fraud) was an existential threat to the US, before concluding that "something is really wrong, can't have happened and we fight, we fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore."

Trump's false narrative is an existential threat to the US, especially when used to unleash mobs.
                                “I hope Mike has the courage to do the right thing”

^

Trump knew Pence couldn’t do anything when he tweeted that.

Comment