Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Did Trump Cause An Insurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Why are YOU posting here? Just to make ableist slurs at people who disagree with you? Sad.
    This is also a bit rich coming from a fundy libertarian. The disabled pretty much die in a gutter due to their lack of value if you had your way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post

You misread the sense of the word, it has more than one meaning. You, and others here, keep claiming, by retarding, the impeachment to only the speech on the 6th. In the comment I responded to originally you claimed Trump's false claims about election fraud and the existential threat this inspires were irrelevant to his impeachment. That is not the case. Trump is being impeached for undermining the US government by what turned out to be obviously false claims of election fraud. He started undermining US democracy even before the election, then when all his legal and state avenues were exhausted for what turned out to be mostly frivolous claims, claims he could have known had no merit or standing, he continued to make exaggerated false claims that undermined the legitimacy of forming the new government. Those false claims, even after they were resoundingly proven false, from the head of government, whose role is to safeguard the republic, gave rise to an attempted insurrection because his followers falsely believe that it is illegitimate. On the 6th he told his supporters to go fight for their country in the face of election fraud and an illegitimate process. They too, might have mistaken, or not, his words to mean a green light to fight. Had he conceded that there was no systemic election fraud, that the elections were free and fair and that it was time to let the Congress enact their duty to count the democratically elected and certified results, then there would have been no reason to stage an insurrection.
      Interesting long-winded rant to try to distract from your ableist slurs.

Comment

This is also a bit rich coming from a fundy libertarian. The disabled pretty much die in a gutter due to their lack of value if you had your way.
        So not just an ableist, but clueless about libertarianism as well. Why do you even post here?

Comment

Interesting long-winded rant to try to distract from your ableist slurs.
          You mean, I utterly destroyed your earlier point, and your troll point. You don't really have anything to go on but attempt to smear me.

Comment

So not just an ableist, but clueless about libertarianism as well. Why do you even post here?
            Maybe you're clueless about the outcomes for people that cannot work, the have nots, due to their disability. You think they are magically looked after by the government, their neighbors, god, hmm.
            Last edited by Zara; 01-15-2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

You mean, I utterly destroyed your earlier point, and your troll point. You don't really have anything to go on but attempt to smear me.
              I don't need to attempt to smear someone who has already smeared themselves with their use of ableist slurs.

Comment

Maybe you're clueless about the outcomes for people that cannot work, the have nots, due to their disability. You think they are magically looked after by the government, their neighbors, god, hmm.
                Maybe you're clueless about the idea of charities, community outreach, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, work programs, etc..

I don't believe in god, dear, you can't even get basic facts straight.

Comment

Maybe you're clueless about the idea of charities, community outreach, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, work programs, etc..

I don't believe in god, dear, you can't even get basic facts straight.
                  No kidding, that's why I doubt your christian charity. Disabled people need a little more than ad hoc charity from people trained to be greedy. Especially if they are weak, too lazy to work, "not our kind of people".

Comment

I don't need to attempt to smear someone who has already smeared themselves with their use of ableist slurs.
                    You misread my comment. You can continue to claim otherwise. Like you continue to claim Trump didn't incite people when he said, “We fight like hell and if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.”

Comment

No kidding, that's why I doubt your christian charity.
                      One needn't be Christian to be charitable, dear. I've volunteered at soup kitchens every year of my life since age 12.

Disabled people need a little more than ad hoc charity from people trained to be greedy. Especially if they are weak, too lazy to work, "not our kind of people".
                      More nonsense.

Comment

You misread my comment. You can continue to claim otherwise. Like you continue to claim Trump didn't incite people when he said, “We fight like hell and if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.”
                        Nope. You used an ableist slur. You're not getting out of that.

And correct, Trump did not incite people when he said that, any more than Obama incited people when he talked about bringing guns.

Comment

One needn't be Christian to be charitable, dear. I've volunteered at soup kitchens every year of my life since age 12.
                          Aww, how cute. You realize that a significant portion of the population cannot work, needs full time care by paid professionals and cannot survive on your soup kitchen lottery. You couldn't take care of many of these people because you lack the skills. Skills no one would have an incentive to get, because there's no one to pay for the work. Incidentally, the people you say I disrespected would suffer the most in your terrible system of government.

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                          More nonsense.
                          Yeah, more dreamy fantasy land utopia extremism. Those more intelligent, stronger and faster live good lives while the weak, unintelligent and slow, suffer.

Comment

Nope. You used an ableist slur. You're not getting out of that.
                            I don't need to "get out of it", since your interpretation is the problem. You couldn't even follow my previous post in which you thought I didn't realise you were an atheist. I mean, no government support (you don't accept it), no neighbors (they live on the street), no god (you don't believe in one), hmm.

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                            And correct, Trump did not incite people when he said that, any more than Obama incited people when he talked about bringing guns.
                            I already destroyed your lack of a point, see above.

Comment

More nonsense.
                              Charity by some cannot remotely deal with the problems so many individuals and groups of people face. Also, at least some of that charity comes with a heavy dose of proselytizing.

The most effective way to help the poor, disabled, unemployed or mistreated is for all members of society to work together to address their immediate needs and to work to eliminate the root causes of their problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Moderated By: Bill the Cat

Zara, please stop using the slur "retard". Thank you.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Since it was moderated, I apologies if it caused offense and I will refrain from using the word in the future.

Comment