Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Did Trump Cause An Insurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Did he call for violence in his speech? Did he not tell the crowd to do the opposite - to act peacefully?
    In response to the thread title, "Yes".

He also lied to his base last Wednesday.

Contrary to his use of the first person plural he did not walk with them. He instead scuttled back to the Residence.

Hence on some recorded footage of the mob forcing its way into the building you hear the shouted question "Where is the President?"

"It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

People are responsible for their own actions as is trump. The act of inciting an insurrection by itself is a crime independent to the participation of it.
      Okay agree they are 2 separate things. I do not believe Trump is guilty of either the act of inciting or causing the insurrection.
      Last edited by Esther; 01-14-2021, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Where - be specific...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

No he didn't. Look up the Brandenburg Standard and especially as cited in NAACP v. Claiborn Hardware
          Last edited by Bill the Cat; 01-14-2021, 07:27 AM.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Where - be specific...
            Look back over the past four years. Look at events since November 3rd. It was clear that this would go full fascist, as it did last Wednesday when a bloodthirsty mob smashed into the Capitol with chants of "Kill them".
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

People are responsible for their own actions as is trump. The act of inciting an insurrection by itself is a crime independent to the participation of it.
              And the standard of what constitutes "incitement" is a tall order to prove.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

A lot of them just might do that. That is the danger Trump poses to the nation. It's a cult. At this point there are a lot of people that will act for Trump in a way they would not act for anyone else. There are a lot of people that will do what they believe is wrong for Trump. As we saw last Wednesday, there are even a lot of people that will kill for Trump.
                "Danger"? I understand President Trump is the only president of the United States of America who has never started a war. This alone makes him the best president the USA has ever had imo.

Comment

Look back over the past four years. Look at events since November 3rd. It was clear that this would go full fascist, as it did last Wednesday when a bloodthirsty mob smashed into the Capitol with chants of "Kill them".
                  Your histrionics are laughable.
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

So you are just talking out your butt again. If he want to go full fascist he could have.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So you are just talking out your butt again. If he want to go full fascist he could have.
                      C'mon man... you know... the THING!!
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Your histrionics are laughable.
                        Do you consider the events of last Wednesday to have been either lawful and/or peaceful? Was the mock gallows outside on the plaza with the crude graffiti just innocent amusement? Was beating a police officer a bit of a giggle?

What do you think would have happened to the Democrat politicians [or Pence] if that mob had got to them?
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Wow.... all 600 THOUSAND of them, right?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esther View Post

"Danger"? I understand President Trump is the only president of the United States of America who has never started a war. This alone makes him the best president the USA has ever had imo.
                            That would be a very, very narrow view of what makes a president 'great'. He is also the very first American president to disavow a peaceful transfer of power - at least until after the unrest that created caused an insurrection. The first president to refuse to formally concede the election after the legal challenges were exhausted. The first president to, whether accidental or on purpose, foment an insurrection of any sort, let alone one which stormed the capitol. He has done more harm in a single term to the stability of our democracy since the Civil War. He has done more to undermine the unity of democratic nations against nations like China and Russia since wwII. He is the first president to be impeached twice - the second time by the most bi-partisan impeachment vote ever. And to top it off, his direct actions and policies have killed the most Americans of any president in a single year due to gross negligence during the covid 19 pandemic.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Wow.... all 600 THOUSAND of them, right?
                              Did I give a figure?

"It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Did I give a figure?
                                Did I claim you did?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment