Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Did Trump Cause An Insurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Point of fact, you need more than a thread saying trump set up a defense. After all, there's plenty of false information passed among his more....ahem....ardent supporters. So, the fact that someone said he did is about as strong as the facebook posts saying that the Christmas bomb attack was done to stop dominion voting machines from being audited.

Since you are accusing him of a crime, you don't really have any choice but to assume innocent until proven guilty (at least legally). Though given that you have said that, I no longer need to interpret your accusations charitably, since you've stated that there is no "benefit of the doubt", and are essentially assuming the worst based on the flimsiest of evidence.
    Innocent until proven guilty is for the jury. Prosecutors job is to make the case usually by assuming the worst. At best trump was reckless which is usually enough to satisfy the intent requirement for most crimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

Innocent until proven guilty is for the jury. Prosecutors job is to make the case usually by assuming the worst. At best trump was reckless which is usually enough to satisfy the intent requirement for most crimes.
      Are you the prosecutor, or a potential Juror? Could you be impartial?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

No this is nonsense, you asked why people would question the election results. I gave a couple of the main reasons. And the Democrats and big tech, banks, etc... are only confirming their suspicions by impeachment and attempting to remove opposing voices from social platforms - how is that not an actual conspiracy? Trump has been attacked from day one - they just see the election as an extension of those attacks. Again, they don't trust the process.
        It is nonsense because it has been overwhelming established (see above) that there is nothing hinky about the election. trump was shot down on all fronts by his own appointed Judges and fellow Republicans (just like he is being roundly condemned by his actions on 1/6 by Liz Cheney - and so many others -no less). Simply because trump lied about the election without evidence and he lies now in spite of the video evidence - why in god's name would anyone believe this fool, this liar?

The Democrats and some Republicans are confirming - with evidence- that trump incited insurrection and like so many times before, people are jumping ship and distancing themselves from such a man whom they believe - with evidence - caused, by his words and encouragement, so much damage, injuries and death. Banks have bailed, companies have bailed and the tech companies don't want to be associated with him either or present an opportunity for further incitement to violence. Can't blame them, they are capitalists.

Nobody is trying to remove opposing voices (look at this site alone), what they are doing is not allowing their businesses to be used to incite violence and further attacks on government and officials - as is being threatened on other sites.

Please - it is not a conspiracy (see above).

Trunp was attacked from Day 1 because he started off by lying to the people about his stupid inauguration crowd. Totally unnecessary. And by his continued actions and words.

The process has been vetted by Republicans for god sake.

Last edited by thormas; 01-13-2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You are making a claim of crimes committed, but at the same time you are claiming you aren't building a case, just sharing your opinion. So, yeah, you are speaking out of your backside.
          The congress is building the case the details of which are in the article of impeachment. There may well be other legal consequences - up to 20 years if convicted on the federal anti-sedition statute. Being barred for life from politics under the 14th amendment as well. Trump really stepped in it big time.

So no, I am not speaking out of my backside.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

The congress is building the case the details of which are in the article of impeachment. There may well be other legal consequences - up to 20 years if convicted on the federal anti-sedition statute. Being barred for life from politics under the 14th amendment as well. Trump really stepped in it big time.

So...you think that congress is doing due diligence? That they've built a solid legal case in a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

He literally associated capital uprising with his “brand,” which he’d been continually warned about by his advisors.

Comment

• Originally posted by thormas View Post

It is nonsense because it has been overwhelming established (see above) that there is nothing hinky about the election. trump was shot down on all fronts by his own appointed Judges and fellow Republicans (just like he is being roundly condemned by his actions on 1/6 by Liz Cheney - and so many others -no less). Simply because trump lied about the election without evidence and he lies now in spite of the video evidence - why in god's name would anyone believe this fool, this liar?

The Democrats and some Republicans are confirming - with evidence- that trump incited insurrection and like so many times before, people are jumping ship and distancing themselves from such a man whom they believe - with evidence - caused, by his words and encouragement, so much damage, injuries and death. Banks have bailed, companies have bailed and the tech companies don't want to be associated with him either or present an opportunity for further incitement to violence. Can't blame them, they are capitalists.

Nobody is trying to remove opposing voices (look at this site alone), what they are doing is not allowing their businesses to be used to incite violence and further attacks on government and officials - as is being threatened on other sites.

Please - it is not a conspiracy (see above).

Trunp was attacked from Day 1 because he started off by lying to the people about his stupid inauguration crowd. Totally unnecessary. And by his continued actions and words.

The process has been vetted by Republicans for god sake.

BS thormas, did the Democrats accept the election of 2016?

Nancy Pelosi

@SpeakerPelosi
                ·
                May 16, 2017
                Our election was hijacked. There is no question. Congress has a duty to #ProtectOurDemocracy & #FollowTheFacts.
                https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/st...n-was-hijacked
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

BS thormas, did the Democrats accept the election of 2016?

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/st...n-was-hijacked
                  Yes, many did, I did.

Comment

Yes, many did, I did.
                    And many, even those in leadership, did not. So they are just as guilty as those Trump supporters you are chiding now for not accepting the results of this election...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It wasn't a question and the answer is - it was play. Do you need a tutorial to know how to play?
                      So, when you're going to continue to type really stupid stuff, then try to recover by "I was only kidding".

Basically, you're just a
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Did he call for violence in his speech? Did he not tell the crowd to do the opposite - to act peacefully?
                        Now that a few days have passed and more information has come out, it's beginning to look like people took advantage of a planned event to come together and assault the capital. Sort of like around here when the BLM protests were peaceful until others came in to cause violence. For me, this raises the bar to be jumped that Trump caused this beyond he scheduled the rally.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

And many, even those in leadership, did not. So they are just as guilty as those Trump supporters you are chiding now for not accepting the results of this election...
                          The difference seems to be that the present election has no real hint of anything that is questionable. This election has been validated by all respected parties (see above).

People were concerned about interference in the last one and it was sufficient to the point of appointing Muller. And no one is going to say (except trump of course) that Muller is not honest, profession and honorable. I should add no one with credibility will question MUller's honor. And he did find, let's call them problems but felt restrained given the law and a sitting President. Plus, no one attacked the government, the Capital and hunted representatives. To the best of my knowledge, no one threatened the government like is still being done now.

Even Republicans are chiding these idiots who attacked the government and even Republicans resisted all of trump's lies about the election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, when you're going to continue to type really stupid stuff, then try to recover by "I was only kidding".

Basically, you're just a
                            You can either take me at my word or not.

Hopefully there are not many others who share your lack of humor :+}

But I see you have regressed to name calling, such a shame, I suspect that God had higher hopes you.
                            Last edited by thormas; 01-13-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

You can either take me at my word or not,
                              That's simple. Not.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You can either take me at my word or not. So I will type whatever my heart desires and if I joke or tease and a person doesn't get it, then I will indeed try to explain that it was what I intended: a joke, humor, sarcasm, play.

Hopefully there are not many others who share your disability, but you did say you're old :+}

And, but I see you have regressed to one who knows they have no credibility: name calling.

Such a shame, I suspect that God had higher hopes you.

What an absolute jackass you are.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment