Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Did Trump Cause An Insurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

With a little help from those "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys"!
    Even a blind hog can find an acorn once in a while.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

With a little help from those "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys"!
      But their cheese is SOOOO good...
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Esther View Post

This is MSM propaganda.
        That ^ ... is Trumpian misinformation.

One of the best things I have learnt is that there is such a thing as MSM and that many people are brainwashed by it. I was deceived by the MSM as far as the pandemic was concerned and thought we were all going to suffer and die by the millions.
        Thank God I came to this forum and read and learnt many things.
        'lernt' kinda sums up where you are Esther. Actually, that is not something you 'learned', it is a lie you were fed by actual propaganda sources. The free press is not an individual, it is not a government organization - it is millions of people committed to the premise that for a democracy to function there must be a FREE press - a group of people dedicated to reporting facts and holding governments accountable to the truth. We can't survive without it. And you can't possibly be protected from the manipulation of those thirsty for power at any cost if you don't read it.

Still, as a Christian it is impossible for me to in any way support the ungodly people and policies of the liberal left wing democrats.
        You may feel that the 'liberal left wing democrats' have policies you don't agree with. But you only know that because there is a FREE press. And that same FREE press that tells you clearly what sort of things the democrats believe and want to do also tells you truthfully what the republicans believe and want to do, and also tell you what sort of lies the government is supporting, or creating, or hiding behind - regardless of party or personality. Don't allow the lies of those that ACTUALLY want to take over governments by force keep you from reading ALL the different FREE press sources that are out there. If you do, you'll get a more or less balanced view of what is actually going on. Try to stay with those that have long histories of a commitment to fair and balanced reporting in the free word, but don't shy away from such sources if they lean a LITTLE left or a LITTLE right. And don't just read US sources.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-14-2021, 09:53 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Even a blind hog can find an acorn once in a while.
          You should show more grace to those who helped the colonies obtain independence.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

You should show more grace to those who helped the colonies obtain independence.
            You mean, their ancestors. Lots has happened since then.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I particularly love this portrayal....

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Let me guess, the rest of them were all off to take afternoon tea somewhere.

This latest barrage of 'denial' is really taking the cake so to speak.

We really are living in an age where the facts just don't matter and people will believe anything they are told if it just supports what they already believe is true. We literally can seek out a confirmation bias bubble and just stay there for as long as we want and that bubble will manufacture 'facts' that will insultate is from reality if we just wait a day or two.

It is actually very, very, very sad.
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-14-2021, 09:57 AM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I thought we had agreed not to respond to each other, Jim.
                  I remember a request of yours I not reply to you. And I thanked you for saying you would not reply to me any more - mostly since your replies consist of homilies on how evil oxmixmudd is.

But on considering honoring your request, I realized if I actually don't respond to your posts at all, you are free to parrot all sorts of false propaganda (which you seem increasingly bent towards) ever facing a rebuttal from me - and I thought that would be a really stupid thing for me to commit to - to allow you to post all sorts of silliness without having to deal with any sort of counter from me. I mean it's sorta like you being a business and shutting down a competitor.

So I decided I'll respond to meaningful content you post, but not to 'you' as it were so as to keep a capacity to rebut foolishness, but to stay away from - as much as you will allow - personal interaction - as you requested.

You questing in this case unfortunately requires such personal 'interaction', but hopefully it's just a one off.

--

So I will continue to respond to content you post I believe needs a content directed response. But I will honor as much as possible your request I not interact with 'you', which would include jokes, comments I agree are true, etc - anything that is not necessary to counter what I see as a falsehood.

So that is actually where things stand at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I remember a request of yours I not reply to you. And I thanked you for saying you would not reply to me any more - mostly since your replies consist of homilies on how evil oxmixmudd is......
                    I don't think you're evil, Jim. I think you're deranged. Major big difference.

Comment

For the Grammar Nazi,
                      If your position is that modern France should inherit the thankfulness of actions of 1770's France, should not Modern Germany inherit the condemnation of the actions of 1940's Germany?

Comment

I particularly love this portrayal....

Having never seen the film I could not comment. If it was of the same hysterical historical calibre as Braveheart I shall not have missed a great deal.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

This latest barrage of 'denial' is really taking the cake so to speak.
                          Be honest, did we really expect anything else?

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          We really are living in an age where the facts just don't matter and people will believe anything they are told if it just supports what they already believe is true. We literally can seek out a confirmation bias bubble and just stay there for as long as we want and that bubble will manufacture 'facts' that will insultate is from reality if we just wait a day or two.

It is actually very, very, very sad.
                          I agree How we have arrived at the third decade of the 21st century only to find that swathes of our populations still exhibit superstitions and credulity that would not be out of place among a group of 13th century peasants, beggars belief.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Having never seen the film I could not comment. If it was of the same hysterical historical calibre as Braveheart I shall not have missed a great deal.
                            It portrayed the French in a very positive light.

(you seem to have this quality about you that tends to look at everything with a tinge of disdain or suspicion or something)

Comment

It portrayed the French in a very positive light.
                              Freedom Fries!
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Freedom Fries!
                                I actually thought of that!

Comment