Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Did Trump Cause An Insurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Do you consider the events of last Wednesday to have been either lawful and/or peaceful?
    Depends. There were upwards of a hundred thousand people there at the capitol. Most estimates say a few dozen actually breached the building itself, and most of them were not destructive. So, generally speaking, the event was peaceful and lawful. The actions of a sparse few were not. Those people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Was the mock gallows outside on the plaza with the crude graffiti just innocent amusement?
    Yes.

Was beating a police officer a bit of a giggle?
    No, but 100,000 people didn't do that. A few dozen did.

What do you think would have happened to the Democrat politicians [or Pence] if that mob had got to them?
    Absolutely nothing. And a few dozen people a mob does not make.

As I said, your histrionics are laughable. The loaded words being used to blow up this act of stupidity by a handful of morons to a full Civil War is pathetic.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Wow.... all 600 THOUSAND of them, right?
      No one has claimed anything more than thousands involved in rushing the capitol itself - and that number is easily verified just by counting the number on tge capitol steps and the area being prepared for the inauguration.

There were thousands up on the Capitol, perhaps hundreds that actually went in - but I've not seen an actual breakdown of those numbers. There are at least a hundred being pursued for prosecution.

Some of those thousands outside literally dragged capitol police downstairs and beat them with flagpoles and hockey sticks. Some of those perhaps hundreds storming into the Capitol itself where chanting "hang mike pence" and directly seeking vengeance on Nancy Pelosi. They crushed one officer who didn't die from his injuries during the rush to get in. They killed another.

They roamed the capitol and broke into nearly every office seeking senators and congressmen. Some of them were carrying restraints. They damaged property and desicrated offices - excrement and urine found in various places throughout.

Bombs were planted elsewhere in what looks to be a failed attempt at diversion, to pull security forces away from the capitol.

A van full of molotov cocktails filled with homemade napalm was also found nearby.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-14-2021, 08:39 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

No one has claimed anything more than thousands involved in rushing the capitol itself - and that number is easily verified just by counting the number on tge capitol steps and the area being prepared for the inauguration.

There were thousands up on the Capitol, perhaps hundreds that actually went in - but I've not seen an actual breakdown of those numbers. There are at least a hundred being pursued for prosecution.

Some of those thousands outside literally dragged capitol police downstairs and beat them with flagpoles and hockey sticks. Some of those pthosed hundreds storming into the Capitol itself where chanting "hang mike pence". They crushed one officer who didn't die from his injuries during the rush to get in. They killed another.
        I thought we had agreed not to respond to each other, Jim.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Depends. There were upwards of a hundred thousand people there at the capitol. Most estimates say a few dozen actually breached the building itself, and most of them were not destructive. So, generally speaking, the event was peaceful and lawful. The actions of a sparse few were not. Those people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Yes.

No, but 100,000 people didn't do that. A few dozen did.

Absolutely nothing. And a few dozen people a mob does not make.

As I said, your histrionics are laughable. The loaded words being used to blow up this act of stupidity by a handful of morons to a full Civil War is pathetic.
          Perhaps my television images were fake news but this does not look like a few dozen people.

And nor does this.

"It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Did I claim you did?
            Then why refer to "600 THOUSAND of them, right?"

Or were you having a "senior moment"?
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Then why refer to "600 THOUSAND of them, right?"

Or were you having a "senior moment"?
              Let's go with BtC's figure of 100,000 - and his point, as well.

And ALL my "moments" are senior!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Perhaps my television images were fake news but this does not look like a few dozen people.

And nor does this.

They were not inside the building. They breached the temporary fence in the courtyard, but very few actually entered the building itself, and even fewer caused damage.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Your histrionics are laughable.
                  Your implicit support for those that stormed the capitol by downplaying its severity and seriousness is an embrassment to all that love this great nation, and a blight on this website being you are not just some passerby.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I thought we had agreed not to respond to each other, Jim.
                    Maybe one day he'll learn to not bother replying to me because I am just ignoring whatever he has to say.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Maybe one day he'll learn to not bother replying to me because I am just ignoring whatever he has to say.
                      I'm beginning to think he honestly can't remember what he said to whom.

Comment

They were not inside the building. They breached the temporary fence in the courtyard, but very few actually entered the building itself, and even fewer caused damage.
                        For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Let me guess, the rest of them were all off to take afternoon tea somewhere.

"It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

No, we whooped the British so we didn't have to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

That would be a very, very narrow view of what makes a president 'great'. He is also the very first American president to disavow a peaceful transfer of power - at least until after the unrest that created caused an insurrection. The first president to refuse to formally concede the election after the legal challenges were exhausted. The first president to, whether accidental or on purpose, foment an insurrection of any sort, let alone one which stormed the capitol. He has done more harm in a single term to the stability of our democracy since the Civil War. He has done more to undermine the unity of democratic nations against nations like China and Russia since wwII. He is the first president to be impeached twice - the second time by the most bi-partisan impeachment vote ever. And to top it off, his direct actions and policies have killed the most Americans of any president in a single year due to gross negligence during the covid 19 pandemic.
                            This is MSM propaganda. One of the best things I have learnt is that there is such a thing as MSM and that many people are brainwashed by it. I was deceived by the MSM as far as the pandemic was concerned and thought we were all going to suffer and die by the millions.
                            Thank God I came to this forum and read and learnt many things.

Still, as a Christian it is impossible for me to in any way support the ungodly people and policies of the liberal left wing democrats and the MSM.
                            Last edited by Esther; 01-14-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

So, guilt by association.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No, we whooped the British so we didn't have to do that.
                                With a little help from those "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys"!
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment