Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Arnold has a message ....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Arnold has a message ....

    This isn't a debate thread. I just wanted to make the readers here aware of an incredible exhortation to all of us from Arnold Schwartzenegger, former Republican governor of California.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/Schwarzen...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-10-2021, 06:21 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  • #2
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    This isn't a debate thread. I just wanted to make the readers here aware of an incredible exhortation to all of us from Arnold Schwartzenegger, former Republican governor of California.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/Schwarzen...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Yuck. An Austrian immigrant born 10 years after Kristallnacht is lecturing Americans about an event he never witnessed, and conflates it with Proud Boys (as though he's an expert on either subject), while Hollywood composers play a refrain behind his soliloquy.

    Sorry, not impressed. Actually, it was so staged, ill-informed and nauseating I had to shut it off.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ronson View Post

      Yuck. An Austrian immigrant born 10 years after Kristallnacht is lecturing Americans about an event he never witnessed, and conflates it with Proud Boys (as though he's an expert on either subject), while Hollywood composers play a refrain behind his soliloquy.

      Sorry, not impressed. Actually, it was so staged, ill-informed and nauseating I had to shut it off.
      And I'm not surprised by your reaction to it. But this is NOT a debate thread, as I said in the op.
      He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

      "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Zara

        Has your [insult] in chief conceded he lost yet, or do we need to hear from the vomit inducing prince of lies again as he cries loser tears? I think I get why you lot have been so vocal recently: we haven't forgotten about the multiple phone calls in which he tried to fix the outcome of the election by strong arming local officials all of whom agreed that there was no systemic voter fraud. Don't worry, he'll be up for that too, we haven't forgotten.
        As I said to ronson( and even though we are going to tend to agree ) this is not a debate thread. I just want readers aware of his words.
        He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

        "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

          And I'm not surprised by your reaction to it. But this is NOT a debate thread, as I said in the op.
          You know darn well that video will have an incendiary reaction. It would be like me posting a video of a Trump speech and asking no one to comment on it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ronson View Post

            You know darn well that video will have an incendiary reaction. It would be like me posting a video of a Trump speech and asking no one to comment on it.
            Debate here would desicrate the solemness and the sincerity of the message itself. I don't want debate here. Feel free to open another thread if you want to debate it's content.
            He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

            "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              This isn't a debate thread. I just wanted to make the readers here aware of an incredible exhortation to all of us from Arnold Schwartzenegger, former Republican governor of California.

              https://mobile.twitter.com/Schwarzen...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
              Yes........ Good on Arnold!

              Time to make and mend.
              And... Yes...... as a person born in 1947 he would have been all too aware of how that war left his father and that whole generation. And.... Yes.... so many had 'just gone along with things' back then.
              My father fought in Burma, both the retreat where he lost so many friends and the re-entry where he lost more, and I remember how for all his decency he was overcome with emotion once when a Japanese gentleman with family walked in to the same restaurant as we were in.

              All the best to all Americans, whatever your political opinions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry Ox, but you can't just post propoganda in a Civics thread and then ban any debate. Go get a blog somewhere if that is what you want. Civics is a debate area.

                Arnold's comparison of the Capitol break-in with Kristallnacht is completely off base. Kristallnacht was an attack on the Jews BY the Government and civilians, burning and destroying their homes and businesses. Not an attack on government by people. If he wanted to compare something in the USA with Kristallnacht, it would be the summer of 2020 where liberals attacked businesses and homes all accross the country, breaking glass, looting, destroying businesses, killing people, with cheering on by the Democrats in office.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Sorry Ox, but you can't just post propoganda in a Civics thread and then ban any debate. Go get a blog somewhere if that is what you want. Civics is a debate area.

                  Arnold's comparison of the Capitol break-in with Kristallnacht is completely off base. Kristallnacht was an attack on the Jews BY the Government and civilians, burning and destroying their homes and businesses. Not an attack on government by people. If he wanted to compare something in the USA with Kristallnacht, it would be the summer of 2020 where liberals attacked businesses and homes all accross the country, breaking glass, looting, destroying businesses, killing people, with cheering on by the Democrats in office.
                  I am not surprised you'd take that position. So be it.

                  And the continued attempts by you and others here to minimize the insurrection attempt by Trump are noted, along with the focus on further fomenting your hatred of the democrats wrt their belief that the cause of the protest was just, even though the vioience itself was wrong.

                  The lines are now becoming more and more clearly drawn between those whose hatred of one political party will cause them to support Donald Trump even as he commits sedition and treason, and those who for the sake of the nation will put down our less important political differences and unite against him.

                  As for the correlation between crystallnacht and the assault on the Capitol- they are not nearly as far apart as you think.. The major difference is Trump failed wheras Hitler succeeded. But had Trump succeeded there can be little doubt what would have followed.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-11-2021, 09:51 AM.
                  He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

                  "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Sorry Ox, but you can't just post propoganda in a Civics thread and then ban any debate. Go get a blog somewhere if that is what you want. Civics is a debate area.

                    Arnold's comparison of the Capitol break-in with Kristallnacht is completely off base. Kristallnacht was an attack on the Jews BY the Government and civilians, burning and destroying their homes and businesses. Not an attack on government by people. If he wanted to compare something in the USA with Kristallnacht, it would be the summer of 2020 where liberals attacked businesses and homes all accross the country, breaking glass, looting, destroying businesses, killing people, with cheering on by the Democrats in office.
                    The attack on the Capitol was incited by Trump, and it can even be argued, orchestrated by him. Trump was the one who called attention to the ceremonial counting of the EC votes on Jan. 6 and advertised and promoted having a demonstration that day. He even gave a speech that day near the WH complaining about the election and calling for strength, and then instructed his followers to go to the Capitol and engage with the lawmakers. This was an effort designed to derail a Presidential election, targeting our seat of government, when all lawmakers would be in attendance.

                    Culpability is also shared by members of Congress like Hawley, who gave a fist salute to the rioters approaching the Capitol, and by all other members of Congress voting to reject the results of a lawful and well-scrutinized election.

                    Furthermore, Trump's encouragement of this sort of behavior is found throughout his Presidency, all of which contributed to what happened. Like his incendiary rallies calling for the imprisonment of his political opponents despite the absence of charges against them. His portrayal of the media as enemies of the people cannot be divorced from attacks by that mob on members of the press at the Capitol and destruction of their equipment.

                    This ceremonial counting of the EC votes is done every election cycle, but is so pro forma that it has not gotten any real attention by the media in the past. Until this time, when a Trump-orchestrated mob broke into the Capitol during this event, carrying weapons and zip ties and flying the Confederate flag and looking for members of Congress like Pelosi and Schumer as well as Pence. Good thing the crowd never got to them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                      As I said to ronson( and even though we are going to tend to agree ) this is not a debate thread. I just want readers aware of his words.
                      Then you should post it in a blog instead of a discussion forum.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God


                      From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kccd View Post

                        The attack on the Capitol was incited by Trump, and it can even be argued, orchestrated by him. Trump was the one who called attention to the ceremonial counting of the EC votes on Jan. 6 and advertised and promoted having a demonstration that day. He even gave a speech that day near the WH complaining about the election and calling for strength, and then instructed his followers to go to the Capitol and engage with the lawmakers. This was an effort designed to derail a Presidential election, targeting our seat of government, when all lawmakers would be in attendance.

                        Culpability is also shared by members of Congress like Hawley, who gave a fist salute to the rioters approaching the Capitol, and by all other members of Congress voting to reject the results of a lawful and well-scrutinized election.

                        Furthermore, Trump's encouragement of this sort of behavior is found throughout his Presidency, all of which contributed to what happened. Like his incendiary rallies calling for the imprisonment of his political opponents despite the absence of charges against them. His portrayal of the media as enemies of the people cannot be divorced from attacks by that mob on members of the press at the Capitol and destruction of their equipment.

                        This ceremonial counting of the EC votes is done every election cycle, but is so pro forma that it has not gotten any real attention by the media in the past. Until this time, when a Trump-orchestrated mob broke into the Capitol during this event, carrying weapons and zip ties and flying the Confederate flag and looking for members of Congress like Pelosi and Schumer as well as Pence. Good thing the crowd never got to them.
                        If Person A says, "I want you to confront your representatives and dispute this action," and Person B interprets that as, "I want you to commit violence and break into a government building," who is really responsible?
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God


                        From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                          I am not surprised you'd take that position. So be it.

                          And the continued attempts by you and others here to minimize the insurrection attempt by Trump are noted, along with the focus on further fomenting your hatred of the democrats wrt their belief that the cause of the protest was just, even though the vioience itself was wrong.

                          The lines are now becoming more and more clearly drawn between those whose hatred of one political party will cause them to support Donald Trump even as he commits sedition and treason, and those who for the sake of the nation will put down our less important political differences and unite against him.

                          As for the correlation between crystallnacht and the assault on the Capitol- they are not nearly as far apart as you think.. The major difference is Trump failed wheras Hitler succeeded. But had Trump succeeded there can be little doubt what would have followed.
                          If "Trump had succeeded" I'm sure all the liberals in the country would end up dead in mass graves after having been gassed in concentration camps, and then he would have invaded Poland.





                          Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                            I am not surprised you'd take that position. So be it.

                            And the continued attempts by you and others here to minimize the insurrection attempt by Trump are noted, along with the focus on further fomenting your hatred of the democrats wrt their belief that the cause of the protest was just, even though the vioience itself was wrong.

                            The lines are now becoming more and more clearly drawn between those whose hatred of one political party will cause them to support Donald Trump even as he commits sedition and treason, and those who for the sake of the nation will put down our less important political differences and unite against him.

                            As for the correlation between crystallnacht and the assault on the Capitol- they are not nearly as far apart as you think.. The major difference is Trump failed wheras Hitler succeeded. But had Trump succeeded there can be little doubt what would have followed.
                            Nobody is minimizing anything. We think destruction and voilence is wrong no matter who does it. We are consistent. Only you and the liberals want to push the Capitol riot way up on a pedestal and minimize the destruction of our cities. Let me ask you this, suppose North Korea shot a nukes into our cities and say, destroyed Los Angeles and San Francisco, would that be better or worse than if they snuck a conventional bomb into the Capitol and blew it up? How is either more or less an attack on our country? Would you only think it was an attack on our country if they hit the Capitol? The destruction of our cities with the burning and looting and attacking police and federal officers and buildings was just as much an attack on our country as the Capitol break in, and was a lot more destructive both in property and lives. So every time you claim that the Capitol break in was worse you are minimizing the destruction we have witnessed for the last 4 years. And yes they attacked Washington DC too, starting right after Trump was elected and continuing for 4 years. They defaced the Lincoln Memorial, they tore down statues, they burned buildings. They attacked DC police.

                            This is the left in Washington DC:
                            3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

                            And again the Riots like above sure look a lot more like Kristalnacht than what happened in the Capitol.

                            4.jpg5.jpg
                            Last edited by Sparko; 01-11-2021, 10:50 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mossrose View Post

                              If "Trump had succeeded" I'm sure all the liberals in the country would end up dead in mass graves after having been gassed in concentration camps, and then he would have invaded Poland.


                              Wow, so the fellows yelling hang mike pence, going after Pelosi by name , and carrying zip ties to hold captives is just OK? Had they succeeded, the VP might well be dead, and Pelosi. They certainly were threatening that. And whether or not Trump would became hitlers equal is not my implication or my point.. I'm not even sure if the stunt had succeeded that he'd have even retained the presidencyvafter all was said and done - but with Pelosi and Pence out of the picture and a bunch of spineless republican senators on board with it all, we may well have had complete failure of our government.
                              He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

                              "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Ronson, Today, 09:17 AM
                              18 responses
                              78 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ronson
                              by Ronson
                               
                              Started by Mountain Man, Yesterday, 10:00 AM
                              20 responses
                              135 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mountain Man  
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:45 AM
                              75 responses
                              440 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post EvoUK
                              by EvoUK
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, 01-21-2021, 03:35 PM
                              45 responses
                              298 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by Ronson, 01-21-2021, 09:45 AM
                              34 responses
                              185 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ronson
                              by Ronson
                               
                              Working...
                              X