Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kaepernick Refuses to Stand For National Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why on earth do people think Che was some hero? He was a communist who helped fidrl come into power, wrote a book on how to subjigate people, was violently racist, and was a murderer.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      Why on earth do people think Che was some hero? He was a communist who helped fidrl come into power, wrote a book on how to subjigate people, was violently racist, and was a murderer.
      He wasn't Bush.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• He wasn't Bush? That doesn't make any sense. I dont like bush but Che endorsed the castro regime.
        sigpic

Comment

He wasn't Bush? That doesn't make any sense. I dont like bush but Che endorsed the castro regime.
          It's a joke, TW -- liberals seem to accept just about anybody as long as they're not Bush. Now, I guess, that honor goes to Trump.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why on earth do people think Che was some hero? He was a communist who helped fidrl come into power, wrote a book on how to subjigate people, was violently racist, and was a murderer.
            Some on the left tended to romanticize revolutionary leaders no matter what they did. Look at Mao. Even after his Great Leap Forward and Great Leap Forward Cultural Revolution led to the deaths of more than 50 million Chinese you still had some folks walking around reverently clutching their Little Red Books.
            Last edited by rogue06; 11-24-2016, 08:12 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Mao, Ho chi minh, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, they are terrifyingly evil. Or where.

Also revolution in and of itself doesnt mean much. What is the revolution about? You would figure the song would show them why they shouldnt where Che shirts.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Yeah, I'm thinking it makes him more like an attention... um... 'prostitute'? He needs to be told, "ok, take some time off, do your political activism crap, and when you're ready to focus on the game, come back and talk to us".

But, then again, I'm not a football fan.
                I'm not a big football fan either but I do respect what Tim Tebow did when he played. I know he never really succeeded in the pros but I think it was cool how even when he was famous he would still go to the Phillippines and do his family's mission work.

Maybe that lack of focus did hurt him in the pros but I think he knew what was most important.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• people think that kaepernick actually plans all this stuff as political statements. They forget he is a football player. they tend to get hit in the head a lot. he is just a moron.

Comment